Steele Auto Group

Steele Auto Group Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews
Typical day is busy. Winter tire season is very very busy.
Learned a lot about the business.

Management was fair.

Hardest part of the job are the long hours.
Great place to work. Good program and offer. Management team is great and they do care what you think and hear your voice. Standard health care, group insurance, and car allowance. Recommend.
It’s a great team at Subaru of Moncton we all have a great mind set and work together as a team! They are 100% family and they care about your family too!
Steele Auto Group is a fantastic company to work for. Innovative and progressive! As a young female professional in automotive, this company is truly top notch. Equality and opportunity for advancement! The Steele Group gives all the resources and training for you to develop and grow. Management is approachable. The top down winning team culture is contagious.

If you are interested in getting into the exciting world of all things automotive, I highly recommend Steele Auto Group.
Pros
Friendly Team
As an employee with Steele Auto Group’s admin team, I can say that I feel valued everyday. I have a great benefit package to take care of my family, vacation time and an RSP matching program to set me up for retirement one day. The staff is supportive and the ongoing training is wonderful as I continue to grow my career. Hard work and dedication are rewarded in this company.
I joined Steele last year and I couldn’t be happier. I work with the most creative, compassionate, and intelligent group of people and I consider myself lucky to have been hired.

There is plenty of room for advancement in whatever direction you wish to take your career. Internal promotions are encouraged and I’ve seen quite a few since I started. If you put in the work you will no doubt be rewarded.
Management are poor quality and lack people skills. Too many are hired to hit sales volumes with little or no training. They let videos do the sales training for staff.
Was a manager and received no support. No one cared how I felt about anything and staff turn over was crazy. Over 20 people left 1 dealership in a year unhappy. Could not address any behavior issues and they only care about $$$. Worse and most unprofessional environment I've ever seen.
What can I say, upper management talks about wanting to create a positive environment to attract top talent but then wonders why they can't hire top talent, or actively lets it go for no reason. Pay is average to poor, no job security, expensive benefits etc... I can't think of a single reason you'd want to work here over any other job out there. The only legitimate perk is you get a good discount on parts and service
(thesales incentive or discount is a joke)
Easy place to work except for the fact that you are expected to wash 50 cars a day which is impossible, yelled at for being to slow. Management has no respect for the people working in the wash bay. However the benefits are good if you can make it past three months.
Over my time spent with Steele auto the store was a revolving door , could not keep employees due to the poor management & environment. No room for advancement with in the company unless you are in good with management, even when short staffed and employees are asked to fill multiple positions . Managers and HR like to bully & dismiss employees problems and concerns due to their own egos . Employees are not always compensated for the work performed and have to fight for what is deserved. Your better off to look else where for work , as your not appreciated with this employer .
Management is incompetent. The departments all work against each other and you’re the one who gets the backlash from it. Very low morale. Coworkers are great. Hard to get paid times properly. Most enjoyable part of the day is leaving when your shift is over.
worked for carroll auto group for 8 years before steele bought them out.had two heartattacks in 1 year and was pushed out.dont care about the employee only numbers
I was hired on as an apprentice with 8000 hours experience. They didn’t supply me with my own bay. I didn’t receive jobs for more than one day at a time and ultimately was fired for not having work.
i would never work here again, no room for advancement or raises, management does not car about employees. the just care about the bottom line and do not care about the employees
Can I just say, I love my job! It's only a small centre, so doesn't have the same 1 in 500 feel of a typical large call centre. Managers are approachable and attentive, we can voice our concerns without issue and they try to make it a fun, team based environment! Yes, there are calls to be made and you won't get rich in the role but the hours are great, there is a monthly bonus if you work smart and the new office is awesome!
Pros
Small, new office, great hours, bonus, benefits, management
Cons
Pay could be better, that's about it!
with over 30 years as an auto technician i can say the 2 steele owned car dealers ive worked at were the worst places i have ever worked,,
both operated to the same guide lines with maximizing company profits by regularly taking advantage of employees at every opportunity,,

the management are completely unqualified to lead,

mostly because of the low pay, they wouldn't attract any real professional with leadership quality's and experience,

they treat technicians as uneducated labour , and give no perks, not even a turkey at x-mas, nothing,

lunches are frowned upon and forget about breaks,

they made up their own flat rate book at the second dealer i was at that paid far less than industry accepted manuals such as chilton and motor, and only followed dealer times when it suited their interests,,

the easier ,money making jobs , like brakes etc. all go to apprentices and steele invest nothing in their learning towards journeymen status,

the difficult ,low paying work goes to the more senior experienced techs,

its very hard to make an 8hr day if your a journeyman, you need to be somewhat resourceful, or just out right crooked, which seemed to be un-spokenly encouraged, especially financially,

all departments seem to work against each other, i never understood the reasoning in that,

just a terrible and toxic place to work, it amazes me i stayed there as long as i did, lots of empty promises,,
Pros
picing on car parts at 10% above cost
Cons
low pay, long hours, toxic work enviorment, no bonus or perks, no respect, no parking for employees, could never get time off apporved, 6years to get 3 weeks vaccation, no raise in 8 years
Shop manager does not know how to run the place. Just cares what the big boss sees. Doesn’t interact with any technicians. Horrible place to work for. Anyone in the shop will tell you that.
Cons
Company/work place was a good atmosphere to work. We started with a morning meeting to review thing and go over past day wins and housekeeping items. From there we would all go about over daily tasks and follow calls.
Not a good place to work. Moral is very low through our company. Would not recommend this place to my ex wife. Just not a fun place to work. Management very selfish.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lack of work
Great place to work with an always moving forward attitude, management are always trying to help staff with furthering their career within the company.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
communication