Steelcraft Inc. Employee Reviews

Good job
3rd Year Apprentice -Journeyman Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2019
Was a great place to work until managment changed and she took over. Now the place doesnt even exist in edmonton because of poor managment. Great benefits and wages.
Very enjoyable!
CMM Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON28 December 2018
People here are very experienced in their own work area, so it's easy for them to understand any nonconformity. I have learned to make decisions in my discretion. Management is very cooperative and fair. Only thing is to work with huge parts.
In between real job place
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 December 2018
Parts problem is ridiculous, very poorly managed, lead hands hate each other and work against each other ,unsafe ,a lot of favoritism by general Foreman ,shop can be on workshare and a couple of favorites get overtime, when overtime get shut off a couple of favorites can come in do your job in your area on overtime meanwhile when you come in you struggled to find work because they've done it,very laid-back some people get away with doing only 3 hours worth of work in a day, the pay is fair, no profit sharing and no incentive to do a good job Or in Good Time, display should only be considered as an in-between job place.
Pros
Will hire anyone
Cons
Read my review
Great Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 February 2018
Steelcraft is a fantastic place to work! I have a great work-life balance, a boss who values my input and ideas and a workplace culture that provides me with plenty of new learning opportunities. I enjoy working for a company who challenges me to do my best and acknowledges my hard work.
Pros
RRSP program, company paid health benefits, learning and growth opportunities, great leaders and mentors, fun atmosphere
Terrible experience
Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2017
Zero safety. Poorly managed. No communication or organization.

Management does not care at all about employee safety, the equipment is out of date and in terrible shape.

Multiple visits from oh and s. Resulted in cranes being shut down for lack of maintenance.

I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Working here.
Mismanaged, Unsafe, and Unprofessional.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 August 2017
Honestly, all I can say is "Employee's Beware."

If you're looking for a company for room with advancement, and incentive, this place isn't it.

The equipment is all in rough shape, there is no safety, and the management will tell you one thing and do another.
There is a reason they are always hiring here on indeed; as they like to recycle their employee's for the cheapest they can get them at.

All in all, management is the key to the issue of this company.
So until that changes, it's recommended that you avoid it.
Unorganized, not the proper computers, managment issues
Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2017
I don't think I would work with Steelcraft again due to the fact the computer system is lacking and the lack of resources made it difficult to accomplish tasks.
excellent for continued growth and development of skills
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON4 January 2015
Honesty with customers is always foremost. I enjoyed the interaction with customers on design and implementation of product. Management for the most part was knowledgeable. The hardest part was trying to achieve deadlines with incomplete and late information given. I do enjoy a challenge
Pros
challenging
Cons
lack of information and communication