Steelcraft Inc.
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Steelcraft Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
The guys on the floor are good to work with . Management is a joke wages should be way more for what your doing . There was lots of over time when I was there witch is good because their wages are lacking so if you want to get by you need to work all the over time as you can.
Managment protects the workers who smoke in the shop,who have bad aggressive attitudes towards co-workers. Anyone who speaks up gets punished for it.
Pros
You can smoke in the shop
Cons
High school level politics
Would not recommend this place at all. Management is terrible, shop Forman and lead hands play favoritism huge. No lay off just termination. Stay away
Cons
Who ever gets hired for afternoon painter position is in for the worst experience they will ever have. He is not a nice person. Best advise I have is to never go there!I have never in my life experience such a bad environment.
Pros
Nkne
Cons
Horrible people
Short, fat, bald, oldman nandoor stole my welding helmet out of tool box. Just another dead end job, dont waist your time. Job is very very boring....
Enjoyed working at Steelcraft and with the people that worked there. All employees had a busy workload and were expected to give 100% effort in what you did.
Pros
People
Cons
Major restructuring
Was a great place to work until managment changed and she took over. Now the place doesnt even exist in edmonton because of poor managment. Great benefits and wages.
People here are very experienced in their own work area, so it's easy for them to understand any nonconformity. I have learned to make decisions in my discretion. Management is very cooperative and fair. Only thing is to work with huge parts.
Parts problem is ridiculous, very poorly managed, lead hands hate each other and work against each other ,unsafe ,a lot of favoritism by general Foreman ,shop can be on workshare and a couple of favorites get overtime, when overtime get shut off a couple of favorites can come in do your job in your area on overtime meanwhile when you come in you struggled to find work because they've done it,very laid-back some people get away with doing only 3 hours worth of work in a day, the pay is fair, no profit sharing and no incentive to do a good job Or in Good Time, display should only be considered as an in-between job place.
Pros
Will hire anyone
Cons
Read my review
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Steelcraft Inc.?
Steelcraft is a fantastic place to work! I have a great work-life balance, a boss who values my input and ideas and a workplace culture that provides me with plenty of new learning opportunities. I enjoy working for a company who challenges me to do my best and acknowledges my hard work.
Pros
RRSP program, company paid health benefits, learning and growth opportunities, great leaders and mentors, fun atmosphere
Zero safety. Poorly managed. No communication or organization.

Management does not care at all about employee safety, the equipment is out of date and in terrible shape.

Multiple visits from oh and s. Resulted in cranes being shut down for lack of maintenance.

I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Working here.
Honestly, all I can say is "Employee's Beware."

If you're looking for a company for room with advancement, and incentive, this place isn't it.

The equipment is all in rough shape, there is no safety, and the management will tell you one thing and do another.

There is a reason they are always hiring here on indeed; as they like to recycle their employee's for the cheapest they can get them at.

All in all, management is the key to the issue of this company.

So until that changes, it's recommended that you avoid it.
I don't think I would work with Steelcraft again due to the fact the computer system is lacking and the lack of resources made it difficult to accomplish tasks.
Honesty with customers is always foremost. I enjoyed the interaction with customers on design and implementation of product. Management for the most part was knowledgeable. The hardest part was trying to achieve deadlines with incomplete and late information given. I do enjoy a challenge
Pros
challenging
Cons
lack of information and communication