STEED & EVANS LIMITED Employee Reviews

Great company
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 November 2018
I would recommend anyone to work here. they don't give you a hard time if you make a simple mistake and own up to it. never been yelled at just do your job and they will like you.
Amazing employeer to work for
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 October 2018
I worked here for the summer and I had an amazing time working here. Management is second to none. Very High Class Organization. If things dont workout with current Job I would love to return.
Stable company with good benefits
Concrete Form Setter and Cement Finisher (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON23 January 2018
Great company to work for. Company is unionized so we have great benefits and there are a number of company parties throughout the year for employees and their families to enjoy.
top employer in local
Pit driver (Current Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON24 November 2016
outstanding staff.very welcoming.above average pay.great mechanics in the shop too.equipment gets looked after right away
Pros
work in the pit and no more 410 headaches
Physically demanding
CONSTRUCTION ASSISTANT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 May 2015
Little regard for health and safety of interns (E.g. was not provided with mandatory safety glasses for first week on site). Interns received minimal information on projects and were scarcely involved in decision making. Shoveling dirt, directing traffic, and backing up tracks were the least enjoyable parts of the job. The most enjoyable part was using survey equipment to guide construction and locate buried conduit.
Pros
Employee safety awards
Cons
well mangaged, and team work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  kitchener-waterloo12 January 2014
a typical day would consist of myself either flagging, digging, or performing any labour type job. management was excellent, and always put forth effort towards the happiness of their workers. My co-workers were very easy going, with a positive attitude towards the company. the hardest part of the job would probably be the long hours and being on your feet. My most enjoyable part of the job was when I was flagging and working with a crew cause of everyone's good sense of humour.
Pros
great pay, team work
Typical Construction company
Skilled Laborer/Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  St.Clements18 December 2013
S&E is just your typical construction company to work for. Like every company they have their ups and downs, one of the ups is the reputation for safety they have and the fact that they reward your safety with a dinner and cheque also. The union benefits and pay is by far the best aspect of it also. THe downs would have to be certain foreman and project managers, company sometimes doesn't seem well organised, but other then that its okay.