Steam Dry Canada

• Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

If you're a sales person this will be a good job for you.

Everything is commission based. No paid time for driving They're vehicles to get oil changes, to get serviced, or even driving back to the office to drop the vans off. Theres 2-4 hours of drive time daily. The company is structured terribly to the point morale is almost non existent. The schedule was a problem, for example. Doing a job in Richmond to travel to abbotsford for another job to drive back to Burnaby to do another job. All of that driving is unpaid!

Pros

Working alone.

Cons

No paid travel time. Long hours some days.

Poor equipment

Equipment is trash and you're on commission. You'll go broke. Unpaid drive times. Unpaid recleans. Unpaid trips to mechanics. Unpaid trips to gas stations.

Perfect Entry Level Job

The required skills are easy to pick up and master, it gives you more experience in sales and in approaching people. The management is quite hands-off.

Productive if you are good with sales

4 hours training given for a day and you are required to make sales. So, for anybody with no sales experience, this is a difficult job and specially on the cleaning line.

Low pay, hard work.

If you don't mind working part time for $15 an hour plus low commission in a retail setting. You'll love it. If you want full time or can do better avoid this place.

Pros

Excellent supervisor

Cons

My supervisors boss, low pay, other companies workers on site where hard to listen to.

Great people but terrible and stressful

Great bunch of guys no issue there. Problem was when they had work you were worked like a machine sometimes commissions were missed. They expect you to do more and wont get compinsated. Work slows down and they think a technition could survive off 300-500 dollar pay checks and dont lay off. The sales reps they hired were a joke. No advancement and pay you the minimum and expect more.

Excellent Compensation with bonus opportunities. Meet new people everyday

I have worked at Steam Dry Canada for the last 5 years. Everyday is a little different because you meet new customers. After training you generally work by yourself with an assigned truck and equipment. All the work is already pre-booked so you don't have to worry about finding your own customers, however if you do there is a small bonus in it. On average you would work between 8-10 hours a day, some are shorter and some are longer. Work is paid by commission, which works out to be around $30-$40/hr some days are worse than others but in the end I am being paid more than any job I have worked before. During the busy season I would work an average of 10 hours and make around $350/day, The highest I have earned in 1 day was back in 2019 and I made $643. You see all the guys in the morning when you are picking up your work and everyone gets along famously. There hasn't been drama in the Edmonton office since I started.

Edmonton solid

The edmonton shop is a good bunch of guys. Mangers involved every morning. Good company when theres work, there's money to be made if your willing. Some travel is avalaible as well if wanted. Different position in the company, from sales people in store, to call center agents. And of course techs and swampers in the field.

it was decent while it lasted

hey so the guys at steam dry canada edmonton were a great bunch of people my time there was a very good experience and im sad my employment with them wasnt permanent

Commission work with time limits

Manager asked for favours when you're on commission so you don't get paid for it lose half a day up day the booking is always from one side of the city to another side of the city and you have no time to get your job done properly and because of commission you have to wow the customer at the same time go as fast as you can then you get unpaid callbacks for leaving stain on carpets

Do not waste your time.

Don’t expect to wash your hands with hot water. The hot water tank has been broken for over a year and he refuses to install a new one. That should tell you enough about the company.

Pros

Cons

No hot water, micromanaged

I would never work here again

They treat you like a machine. All signage is incorrect and they refuse to honor prices. You get 4 hour training. Management is a joke. Unprofessional and doesn't follow the law. Unorganized and has no HR system. No job security. And if you still up for yourself they will fire you. They call you on days off and you have to use your personal phone for work. They also track your location threw personal phone.

Pros

The actual store you work in is great, flexible hours.

Cons

Low hours and hour cuts, Racism, Will take every chance they have to not pay you and fire you

Time flexibility during shift

A typical day of a carpet cleaning tech: 7-7:30 AM - arrive to the shop, get your work orders, make sure your truck is loaded with whatever you need for the day (water tank full, dirty water filter is clean, dirty water tank is empty, all the hoses and other gear are in place, portable unit - if needed) - Head out to your jobs. - Make sure info on paperwork is correct and estimates are correct with every customer - Do the jobs, fold back the equipment, and head to the next one. * You never know what to expect on the job site since the estimates and paperwork are based on what the customers have communicated and since they are not professionals, their estimates are usually wrong. Therefore, always give yourself enough time for every job - no matter how small they might be!!!

Pros

No Micro management, you are on your own during the day and have some time freedom do decide how you run your day, flexible uniform policy, meeting new people everyday, not stuck in a cubicle, sometimes days are done early

Cons

work on 100% commission, no control over your schedule on work days, no defined time for breaks, Lots of driving, don't get paid for driving time, training isn't fully comprehensive, equipment isn't very well maintained, lack communications between different departments, jobs not always evenly distributed between techs

Respectful Work Place With Ability To Advance

Good place to work at as good performance is recognized by management. There was some drama just like any other workplace but now that a few individuals no longer work here, it’s almost drama free

Pros

Advancement opportunities

Overall an influential experiences

From the following experience I had advanced my communication skills with costumers, and learned to maintain proper conduct within a work space while also learning the benefits of appealing to costumer demand.

Absolutely horrible to work with

They Treat you like a machine! Traumatic experience working with them. I was made a fool of! No support, no proper training. Just push you into making sales, not at all reasonable.

Amazing Career Opportunity

At the time of this review I have worked for Steam Dry Canada for 4 years. Staff is very friendly and easy to get along with and pay is more than satisfying. I plan on working here until I retire of old age.

Pros

High Pay, Easy Work, Bonus opportunity

Cons

Stable and busy place to work

It is stable place to work. Good for people who need secure place to work.Very busy.Salary is ok, can be better.Management is quite professional and flexible

Very unprofessional work place

The women that work in the call centre are unprofessional, and rude to the custoners, and always flirt with the boss, and flirt with the techs. I would not recomend working here.

Pros

No pros at all.

Cons

CEO is nice at first. Then becomes kinda mean. Boss mom is always there in your face.

Stressful

They are independently owned so management is all over the place. There were many times when the environment is stressful and the supervisor were too busy trying to as minimal work as possible so things were upside down a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steam Dry Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8