STE. ANNE'S SPA

STE. ANNE'S SPA Employee Reviews

Amazing people to work with.

I’ve been an RMT at Ste Anne’s Spa for over 22 years. They have treated me well over the years and it’s a pleasure to be an employee at such a beautiful, well renowned Destination Spa. I’ve watched Ste Anne’s grow and change tremendously, yet still maintain the quality of the experience for both guests and staff. The staff are treated fairly in wage, benefits, training and education and recognition programs. Employees must be up to the challenge of working in a very busy, high-paced and rewarding environment. The hours are reliable and fairly consistent throughout the seasons. As an RMT, the marketing, booking, products and laundry are all taken care of. There is potential for training and education and growth within the company. We are fortunate to work as a team with many other departments in this business which make our days enjoyable and fun and we form lasting friendships. Our staff are all dedicated to ensuring our guests are happy, healed and will visit us again. Ste Anne’s grows produce and ingredients for our chefs and our own product line making it even more of a special place with exceptional service and employees. I’m proud to be part of this team.

Great place to work !!!

STE Anne Spa is a very laid back and beautiful famaly business to work in . Every day is different and exacting , we do have challenges some times to only make us to grow and become stronger. I have been with a company since last August and still discovering the beauty of the business. The free educational system is great way to up scale and improve the professional productivity, without taking a time off work . I am truly happy and feeling blessed to be part of such an amazing family.

Pros

Free education and use of facilities as well as discount on products and services

Cons

Non

Do Not Work Here

Unless you know someone in a management position you will be belittled and be treated as expendable. The year-round position I was hired for was given to a friend with little experience and I had the rug pulled from under me with a "seasonal layoff" with no expectation to return. No job security. 3 month review promised and benefits promised, both never happened. They tried to make up for it with free lunches, however there were no covid safety protocols, dozens of staff crowded to get free food, mask-less and buffet style!! Everyone touching the food with their bare hands!!!I saw staff in tears many times from what was said to them by management. Save the stress and do not work here.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

constant stress

22 March 2021
Kristen, we are sorry it did not work out for you as you had hoped. While a gardening position is usually seasonal, we have tried in the past to find tasks for our gardeners to take on in the winter months. In 2020, Covid-19 made many things different and we had to lay off a lot of people from many different departments. We were also still grieving the loss of the former head gardener who had passed away after a long battle with cancer just before you were hired. Other departments were given the option to hire you prior to your lay off, but they chose not to. We work hard to maintain teams of people who work well together, have positive attitudes and love the jobs that they do. Best of Luck

Not a healthy work environment

Owners are rude to employees, sometimes to the point of making staff cry. Unrealistic deadlines & expectations. Pay is decent but work at this place is not worth it. Staff are not allowed to speak to one another or they get scolded.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Everything else

16 March 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I am not confident you were an employee here. We only have one owner and he does not generally interact with the staff. We do have a high standard here which is why we have such a good reputation with our guests. If you were unable to meet the expectations I am sorry that it did not work out for you. Not everyone is able to perform to the standards we are looking for. As to staff not being allowed to speak that is just an untrue statement.

Best place to work

I was so fortunate to be hired to work for Ste. Anna's Spa. The wages are above average, plenty of work available to make a great living. Ste. Anna's Spa has a culture that is second to none. Just starting your career or looking to give it your best for the last years, this is the place to dig your heels in and use all of your skills for a company that appreciates.

Pros

Great work culture

Terminated Without Cause

Working at the front desk is extremely stressful. They are always understaffed despite the amount of work and guests that come to stay. Even though management is nice, they do nothing when concerns are brought to them. There is a lot of drama between staff and departments and if you do not participate in it you are an outsider and most people seem to be in it for themselves, no one is working as a team. The lack of communication is laughable. During my review I was told my performance was great, then was let go without reason a month later. When I asked them for more information and constructive criticism on why I was being let go they could not give me a reason. If you love drama and a stressful environment then this is the workplace for you.

Pros

Made some friends, beautiful location

Cons

Overtime was expected without compensation, extremely stressful environment, zero communication with staff, unjust termination.

13 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback but you seem to have a lot if misinformation. We do pay overtime as is required by law. Your overtime agreement is averaged over a bi-weekly period as was outlined in the contract you signed and was approved by the Ministry of Labour. The team is very cohesive and positive and receives the highest of accolades from our guests. Not everyone is cut out to present themselves to the public especially in situations which can be stressful. We appreciate that you made an effort but sometimes it is not enough. Being dismissed without cause just means that we are paying you lieu of notice rather than having a disciplinary dismissal which would not entitle you to lieu of notice.

Stay Away

Honestly, this place is the worst. There's too much to possibly list here, but I was warned before and after I got hired that I should not work there. They have a terrible reputation as an employer around the Northumberland County area, and they don't seem to want to change that. I was shocked at the general cleanliness of the property. There's mold everywhere, and the cleaners they use are heavily diluted with water (it's basically just water with a couple ounces of cleaning solution). The decor is severely tacky and outdated. It looks like a grandmothers house from the 80's. They don't care about the well-being of their employees, particularly the fabulous men and women who work in housekeeping. I know multiple people (myself included) who suffered heat stroke during the summers after being told we had to stay outside in direct sunlight for hours, and that we weren't allowed to bring any water with us. We would also get in trouble if we were "caught" going into the staff room to get ourselves some water. At the time in which I left, everyone that worked in housekeeping was unhappy with their employer, and looking for other employment opportunities. That tells you everything you need to know about this place. The interview I had at Ste Anne's was also very unprofessional. It was about 30 minutes in length, and the Director of Operations spent the entire time talking about himself. It was alarmingly easy, as I wasn't asked a single question about myself. Side note: they now have a 20-something guy with zero experience in hotel management, or even managing staff for that -

22 January 2020
Although we always welcome feedback and have an open door policy so that anyone will feel comfortable that they have someone to speak to at any time, I am disappointed in many of the untruthful statements that you have made and I wonder what has happened to lead you to make these claims. Our reputation in the community is impeccable and it is noteworthy to say that our guests often comment on how happy the staff is here. We do have high standards and not every candidate meets our expectations. I understand that can leave the individual with bad feelings.We are a four diamond property and are regularly inspected by CAA and the Health Unit and always pass successfully. Cleanliness is essential in this environment. We actually have steam cleaners that we use to deep clean our showers to mitigate any type of mold growth. Cleaners are constantly super cleaning our bathrooms to prevent this type of problem. The cleaners we use are concentrates that have to be diluted with water which is more environmentally friendly and practiced in all hospitality locations. The décor of Ste. Anne’s is definitely eclectic and contains a combination of antiques, collectibles and new items. This was done intentionally to make if feel like someone’s grandma’s house.I recently met with the individuals in this department to check in and see how things were going for each of them. This is something we do on an annual basis to make sure we are meeting everyone’s needs. There were only some minor challenges that were easily corrected. Overall the survey indicated a very happy staff. They are -

Family oriented business and beyond

I have worked for Ste. Anne's for over 10 years now. It is home away from home. When you are any employee here you are not just an employee you are actually family. A lot of changes have happened here over the years but a lot are for the better. Everyone that works here, works so incredible hard. Guests that come here become family and you get so much love from returning guests time and time again. I have to say this has been one of the BEST jobs I have ever had.

Great company to work for

Ste. Anne's has been nothing short of spectacular to work for. Fair pay, good hours, great people. Managers are very approachable (There is an open door policy for all managers) and they value good work life balance for their employees. Right from the beginning, my personal life has been in the mind of my boss. My schedule accommodates appointments and leisure activities. Small business expenses like parking passes/materials are also reimbursed (not my experience with other similar companies and start-ups). They also provide all the tools/equipment you will need. At any time, you can raise concerns with a manager and they will make an attempt to help you. I truly enjoy working for Ste. Anne's Spa and Bakery and hope to be here awhile!

Ste. Anne's Bakery

Overall an amazing place to work, the management is very supportive of the group and you as an individual. You work closely with everyone so it feels like more of a second family than a job.

Jobs at STE. ANNE'S SPA

See more jobs

Great place to be!

We work in a great atmosphere, beautiful location, and the people who work and visit here are all amazing. It is a very fast-paced environment so the days go by quickly. We all work together as team and help out where needed. The management team here really cares about your happiness, physical, and mental health. As one of the employees, I am going to be taking advantage of new programs such as the new fitness bootcamp to continue bettering myself and my health. It's not just a job; it's a lifestyle change to better yourself.

Pros

High staff morale, beautiful scenery, opportunity for advancement

Fabulous place to work

Ste. Anne's provides a great work environment that has wonderful guests and great staff to work with. All of the staff I interact with are friendly, helpful, and want to get the best out of each other. I am constantly learning new skills and traits that translate into my everyday life. There is great food, lovely spaces, and an overall positive atmosphere. I would recommend Ste. Anne's to anybody!

Pros

High staff morale, beautiful scenery, opportunity for advancement

Fast-paced, entrepreneurial and caring

I have been at Ste. Anne's for 12 years and I love my job and the environment! Every day is different and the days fly by. The staff here are caring and nurturing - the needs of our guests are paramount. The management works hard to make good decisions for the guests and staff alike and their doors are always open for feedback and to provide assistance. We are well paid (especially for this area) and we have a very comprehensive benefit package. There is even a compassionate fund to help team members when they are in need and an educational fund to help you continue to grow as a team member and as a person. Some recent changes to our "perks" have resulted in some people lashing out on-line, but these were just perks and not part of our compensation and benefits. The company is changing up some of these perks so that they are more beneficial to all team members and I think once they are implemented they are going to be incredible.

Not worth the job

The turnover of servers in the dining room makes this so not worth the job application. Yes, the girls are all so nice and make for a fun team, but ALWAYS being short staffed and working with new people gets old real quick. And it’s all due to the RIDICULOUS micro-managing of the dining room management. The current dining room manager is a complete liar, has no opinion of her own, only is concerned about herself and strictly only does what she is told to do. I do not recommend applying for ANY serving jobs at this facility. The wages are tempting but absolutely not worth it at all in the long run. LOOK ELSEWHERE

Pros

Higher wage

Cons

ALWAYS short staffed, awful dining room management

Look elsewhere

Don’t be fooled or enticed by the slighter higher wages, working here is not worth the cost to your mental health. While the staff are outstanding, management will be ungrateful and no amount of effort will ever be enough. The incredible reputation of Ste. Annes as been built on the backs of the dedicated staff who go above and beyond daily to take care of its guests. The online reviews will eco that. But although the care and mental health of it’s guests is top priority the care and needs of the staff are recklessly ignored. This past year alone several programs have been cancelled including a gym membership, a yearly day spa pass for your birthday, and discount program for one designate. The staff discount was dropped from 40% to 20% and most importantly the RRSP program so many long time staff relied on for their retirement was suspended without notice pending a replacement program in the future TBD, which may never happen. The departure of many long time staff this year and turn over of management has made a bad situation much worse. The dining room has had 5 or 6 managers is the last few years and both housekeeping and front desk have lost key management. The moral of the company is low and has been low for sometime. There is no sign that the owner and directors will make any beneficial changes as they choose to believe they are doing a good job based on the spa success, great reputation and popularity built by the front line staff.

Pros

Slightly higher wages, but the yearly raises will be around 1-2% which doesn’t even reflect inflation.

Cons

Everything, staff are great, and some of the guests are wonderful. They would be appalled if they knew.

28 October 2019
I am sorry to hear you were unhappy in your role with Ste. Anne’s. Sometimes you have to take responsibility for yourself in a work environment and work with your managers to resolve concerns. It sounds like you did not make this attempt. Some of your claims are incorrect and or distorted. As far as mental health goes, we have a very supportive Benefit program for mental health assistance that is easily accessible. Usually when somone is having stress affect their work life they do request some assistance from HR but I have had no such request from anyone in the Dining Room. We actually replaced our external gym program with an internal program where membership at Ste. Anne’s Gym and personal training are provided complimentary with our new on staff personal trainer. This allows us to cover off more staff and do so right on site. We did adjust several costly programs that made it difficult for us to achieve a sustainable business model. There was no one affected retroactively and there was a grace period. Our replacement program was always going to be based on the business numbers and will be launched when we are able to do so. I am not sure which long term staff you are referring to who left the company due to these changes. I do not have a single one who indicated this and recent departures from the dining room were not long term staff. Our change of Dining Room managers was due to a promotion, a maternity leave, a life changing situation and someone who left to run their own business. No one left due to job stress. Managers and Directors have an open door program -

Fair pay, great co-workers, beautiful location.

I am an RMT at Ste Annes and overall find it a great place to work. The people I work with are amazing; fun, friendly, and helpful. It is fast paced and busy but that means we are busy and have a consistent and predictable paycheque which I never had while self employed. The pay is fair and the benefits are good and as employees we are eligible for EI and CPP. The company also tries to find alternative work for employees who are injured. The grounds are beautiful and a provide a great break from a busy day. It can be stressful, as any job can, but the pros far outweigh the cons. Fair pay, great co-workers, beautiful location.

The best

I have been with Ste Anne's Spa for over a year. I love my job. Every employee at the spa is so kind and friendly. Every time I walk through the door I get big smiles and a warm welcome from everyone from our guest services team and everyone I encounter along the way to the dining room. The dining room is a very busy faced paced environment, however the team work is exceptional. All the servers, managers and hosts will jump in, in a heartbeat to help each other out. Shift flexibility has also been provided for a number of staff who have "special restrictions". There is an excellent benefits package and special incentives provided to full time staff which focus around the health and wellbeing of employees. I love coming to work on this beautiful property, and the guest reviews we receive on our customer service skills speaks for itself. I can honestly say I think I've found my forever job here at Ste Annes and am so excited to learn and grow through out the company.

Pros

awesome coworkers

Cons

very busy but makes the day go by faster at least

Over 25 years employee

Ste Anne’s is a amazing place to work. I have been a employee with Ste Annes Spa for over 25 years and have watched it grow from 15 team members to currently 200 team members. As any work environment there are always some challenges especially with the growth we have experienced these past 30 years but our management team, amazing co-workers, open door policy and the HR team truly makes this a great environment to work.

Pros

The location, wage and benefits.

I have nothing to say

Beautiful place on the outside that’s it they just lost their designer will see how things work out there I just have nothing more to say but have to fill up the characters

Great people work here

I've been in charge at Ste. Anne's Spa for the past 30 years, taking a small family B&B with 5 part time employees and turning it into a world class destination spa with over 200 wonderful employees. Our guests always tell us that the thing they love the most about this place are the people who work here. Over the years we've seen a lot of employees come and go for a variety of reasons, that's the nature of this business.

Beautiful place to visit, not so fun to work!

Extremely busy place all the time. Always short staffed in dining room. Dining room manager and supervisors do not work, want to be paid to stand around at the podium. Very high turnover of staff and management. Could be a really great place to work if wages were higher and people actually want to do their job. Excellent benefits package for full time employees and super friendly staff in all other departments.

Pros

Amazing food, beautiful country setting

Cons

Way too understaffed all the time!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STE. ANNE'S SPA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement