STE. ANNE'S SPA Employee Reviews

Family like work environment
Baker (Current Employee) –  Grafton, ON15 December 2018
I have worked at Ste Anne's Spa for more than 4 years now, in multiple departments but I am currently working in the bakery. The managers here are very caring people who will go out of their way to help their employees as much as they can. Within my department especially there is a very close bond and family like work environment. The benefits and additional incentives are truly excellent.

There is a lot of employee turn around within the company as a whole, which is to be expected in the hospitality industry, but if you are a good worker who gives their all you will be taken care of.

I truly enjoy working here and can honestly say that I feel like I am a valued part of this department, and company.
Pros
Excellent benefits
labour relations nightmare
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON4 December 2018
Bakery has nice enough Managers, but cannot manage their staff. Very toxic environment in there. It's a workplace harrassment situation waiting to happen. They are so desperate for staff but won't train appropriately when hired. I felt bullied the whole time by the staff and not supported at all by HR.
Official response from STE. ANNE'S SPA
20 December 2018

We do respect feedback from all of our staff and one of the main principals of our culture is identified with each and every employee by the owner on the day they are hired. The Open Door Policy allows all employee’s access to someone who can do something to address their concerns, they may speak to any manager any time including the Owner and HR Director. We have never had a complaint from anyone in the bakery department and we only have a couple of employees who left this year both on good terms. What you are saying in your review is patently untrue and libelous. Whoever you are you were not a Ste. Anne’s employee.

Multitasking, never a dull moment
Sales /Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Grafton, ON3 September 2018
A great learning experience and a team environment. The reward was seeing the guests satisfied and resulting in repeat clientele. I developed a great relationship with may clients over the phone and in this industry you would be dealing with many people with diverse backgrounds and 100's of calls on a daily basis. The job was very multitasking where I would be booking a reservation on the phone, on line chat, and following up with emails. The job also required each reservationist to have a daily cold call quota in which we all had to complete before the days end. The most rewarding aspect of the job was not just the selling but the relationships that I built up over the years with many guests!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Late hours
Exceeds Expectations
Administration (Current Employee) –  Grafton, ON6 August 2018
Working at Ste. Anne's has exceeded my expectations in every way. I expected the typical small company environment and all drawbacks that come with it. I was COMPLETELY wrong!
- Pay and benefits are comparable to that of many large companies.
- Management culture is respectful and contributes to a team oriented environment. I can confidently say that you approached any manager with a question or issue, they would go above and beyond to make sure it got answered or addressed. The same can be said about the owner who is actively involved in the business and goes above and beyond to make sure employees are happy.
- There are many opportunities for advancement whether they are in the department you are hired into or whether opportunities open up in other departments. It's not uncommon for new positions to be created or for employees to move departments - both provide employees with options for advancement that allow them to capitalize on their strengths and grow their skills.

One thing I was surprised to learn about Ste. Anne's is it's not just a spa. Working in administration I've had the chance to work on each of the different areas of the business. Whether it is the spa, bakery, farm, or retail product line there are always new challenges to tackle which keeps work interesting!
Pros
Team environment, reasonable pay and benefits
Incredible workplace focused on health and wellness
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Grafton, ON23 July 2018
Working at Ste.Anne's Spa gives you the opportunity to work in a highly positive work environment. Not only are the guests happy, but the staff always have a positive attitude. The opportunities for advancement, above fair treatment, and perks employees receive are just a few of the elements that lead to the high morale. You are encouraged to be yourself and will be trained to fulfill you potential to advance throughout the company. Working at Ste.Anne's provides an amazing opportunity to build lifelong relationships not only with staff, but guests who frequently visit. The culture working here really is spectacular and is something that can only be fully described by experiencing it yourself!
Pros
High staff morale, beautiful scenery, opportunity for advancement
Does not disappoint.
Spa Director (Current Employee) –  Grafton, ON23 July 2018
I have been at Ste.Anne’s for over 15 years. I know from the moment I walked in the door that it was where I wanted to be. I have built my life around this place and it is a good and happy life! Working in a resort environment isn’t for everyone, we are working to create special moments for our guests and a lot of times those moments don’t follow a traditional Monday-Friday 9-5 routine. If you don’t mind an alternative schedule and you are not afraid of hard work you will fit right in as part of our work family. The owner is onsite just about every day and genuinely cares about the employees and guests. This is not a traditional resort with busy and slow seasons, this is an established business that is busy year round. If you are looking for a meaningful career and have a heart for service, you will not be disappointed.
Pros
Health Benefits, Complimentary Dayspa, Beautiful work environment, the very best people.
Cons
Not a traditional 9-5 job.
Ever Growing Ever Changing
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Grafton, ON20 July 2018
It is never dull the tremendous ongoing growth of this company is exciting and allows so many opportunities for moving across and up in the organization. There is a high level of excellence required to be a part of this company and not every one can cut it. No bad attitudes are welcome here. The benefits are amazing.
Pros
Contributes to medical marijuana as an alternative to drugs for those who prefer.
Cons
Keeps you on your toes
Great Place To Work
Facilities (Current Employee) –  Grafton, ON6 April 2018
I would reccommend working at Ste. Anne's to anyone. If you show potential and work hard it gets noticed and you are compensated. There is a comment on here speaking of wage and benefit cuts. I can say that in the 5 years that I have been working there, that hasn't happened. In fact it has been the opposite fir me. I went from making $14/hr when I started to almost double that and stand to make more. They also offer rsp matching, full health benefits, funding for training, and they will even pay for schooling relevent to your job. The only downfall is that it can be stressful but such is the nature of the hospitality industry especially when it is a high end resort like Ste. Anne's. Overall if you can handle the demands of working at a luxury resort and are able to meet challenges head on then this is the place for you.
Pros
Fostering work environment
Cons
Demands a solid work ethic from employees
Loved my 20 years here!
Host (Former Employee) –  Grafton, ON27 February 2018
Excellent workplace if you are a motivated hardworking individual. Salary is good and co-workers make this a great work environment. I worked in a variety of departments from dining and housekeeping through to guest services and reservations. If you are willing to work and have an upbeat personality you can do anything at this company!
Pros
Work with a great staff
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Look elsewhere !
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Grafton, ON21 May 2014
year after year job satisfaction falls. Management adds more and more work on while cutting staff. Many lay offs the last few years have proven job security is minimal. Wage cuts and benefit cuts happen every year as well.