Statistics Canada
Happiness score is 79 out of 100

Statistics Canada Employee Reviews

Canada611 reviews

Decent pay for the kind of work, they let you work in your own way but are available to help you. upper management was a bit out of touch but the direct supervisor was excellent

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Out of touch upper management

Did enjoy working there in 2016 but not in 2020

Deliver census to area assigned, learned the importance of statistics and how they are used, I am not putting anyone down but I would never work for the crew leader I had in 2020 as I Quit because of him. the hardest part of the job was contacting people sometimes. Going about my day doing my job and enjoying the weather as well as meeting people.

Pros

Being outside and being able to plan where I would begin.

Cons

Bad crew leadership, was not allowed to do job the way I was trained, had someone from another area do my area, betting amongst crew leaders. These are some reasons.

Insights into Statistics Canada

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great temporary job

Coworkers and managers were nice, work was mindless but kept you busy. Met some great people and had lots of interesting conversations. Would recommend as a temporary/summer job.

Pros

Nice coworkers and managers, fun events sometimes

Cons

Boring

Excelente job

You can do your own schedule , excellent support and management. Also you have the opportunity to know about the Canadian culture. The web is excellent and the wage too.

Good place for Census enumerator

I worked as an enumerator in Summer of 2021 and it was a great experience. My team was great, my crew leader was very friendly, and it was nice to walk around and get to meet new people in my community.

Worst work experience I've had in my life

I d cided to become an interview position after working on the 2021 census, because the team of people I worked for was amazing.They recruited me in September and I didn't start my first shift until February. It was a roller coaster of miscommunications and mistakes on their part. I should have known it would be bad just by the interview process, but decided to give it a chance.The job itself is fine, but the management is so poor that it'll drive you nuts. I am routinely not paid for my shifts because of processing errors and issues, even if I email four to five people to confirm something it still doesn't happen.I live in one of the most affordable cities in canada, and pay $600 less per month than the average rent here, but I can't survive on my full-time salary with them. I've been borrowing money from family members between my paychecks.I've been in the workforce for 17 years, thought I would take this as a way to make money more regularly after running my own business, and it has completely destroyed my mental health.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Everything else

salaire jamais recu

je n'est jamais recu mon salaire, les gens qui etait responsable etait gentil mais ne sait pas ou me referer pour avoir mon salaire

Fun work with no possibility to advance

Fun place to work if you like to talk to people. Make lots of calls. Management is horrible however, and the chain-of-command is ridiculously unintuitive. No one at the top knows what's going on at the ground level.

Excellent

Excellent for the training and the other enumerator who are both in the next few weeks ago and the 38inches aren't too much trouble with the other enumerator

Pros

So much for your reply

Cons

Ceartúcháin ar fad and the other day the next few

Well run organization

The organization is well run and you have the opportunity to rotate and move up. There is a wide range of expertise here and it gives you the ability to learn new skills

didn't like it

job wasn't for me, I hated going to people's houses and enumerating them, it felt uncomfortable. manager was great tho and super helpful, there is no work-life balance

Relaxed workplace

Federal job with good salary and benefits. Nice and professional people. Work life balance.Good mix of different surveys.Not stressful work.Scripts that are easy to follow.

Productive workplace with your own desk. Management is professional, fair and impartial.

This is a great place to work if you don’t mind staying focus on your job and being monitored or rated on a regular basis. The pay rate is expected for a government employee. The hours are also the same as expected for any regular government job on a federal level.

Productive and fun

I loved working with statistics canada and their team.. We worked well and efficiently together.. it was contract work so I was sad when it ended!! But it was worth the time it too to complete the taste!! And you got to know the community better!!

Fun and Easy going

Working at Statistics Canada is quite relaxed. The tasks are not difficult and management is nice and easy going. The training process is helpful and insures you understand your tasks. Workers are friendly and help in improving yourself and tasks. I really enjoyed working at Statistics Canada.

Pros

Flexible hours and Good Management

Cons

Work Schedule hours can be varried may require weekend shifts

Enjoyed the job, interesting

Productive and fun , spending time outdoors, exercise, fun people , interesting, gained valuable experience, exploring new areas, places never been before

Environment de travail correct

J’ai travaillé en tant que agent de recensement et c’etait super bien

not a bad place to work, people are kind and freindly

coworkers were good to work with, some managers have a chip on their shoulder so it depends who you got and they do have some favoritism. I would go back.

Great people to work with

You can move up quickly in Finance if you're motivated. Pay needs to increase, however, with the current cost of living. Entire organization is very much in favor with a new hybrid model, allowing people to choose to telework.

Opportunities to learn strong communication skills.

There are a lot of opportunities for learning/courses, everything from aboriginal studies to diversity and data analytics. Interesting work dealing with the public in a confidential manner. The role feels like an important contribution to society.

Good

I am just reviewing this to get access to reviews at a company I want to apply at. Stats Can was a decent job for the Census. Management was pretty good, the whole operation was pretty loose as it was a quick hiring/working period.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Statistics Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement