Statistics Canada

Statistics Canada Employee Reviews

Canada454 reviews
Employed as Staff Services Supervisor for 1981 Census
Hired in a term position to staff positions associated with 1981 Census and lead a small HR team responsible for Pay and Benefits. Following Census moved to Regional Office and offered a promotion. Reported to District Manager. Major accomplishment was obtaining benefits for part-time employees which made up 60% of the workforce.
Great Place to Start Career.
I have worked for StatsCan as an Enumerator and a Junior Statistical Assistant. I was pleased with the collaborative and friendly atmosphere that effectively communicates on how to get the job done.
Good working environment
Good working with different people and cultures. Good salary compared working in the privates. We have.a very good relationship with my supervisor and colleage.
Pros
All culture environment
Cons
Temporary employment
Great opportunity to get to know your community
Great opportunity for anyone looking for short term challenging work. Your an organized and meticulous leader with the ability to keep tight deadlines and will work long hours sometimes. It’s a great job for someone who is able to work with different personalities and stay focussed (stay sane) while problem solving. Great experience but the wage was a little disappointing.
Dont think that you'll be getting full-time hours.
Hours of operations are from 9am-11pm. Usually 5.5hr shifts, but never full-time hours in a week. Yearly wage increases and $0.20 premium if you're bilingual. Surveys range from calling businesses to calling the general public. Cubicals, but you won't ever get the same one.
Very fast pace and corporate culture
Being in a Statistical environment, you need to be a conservative style at heart. Changes takes a long time to happen. Protecting information/data is your prime goal.
Great Work! Great People. 😄
It's obvious I Love it! Great People Fun Work. I have a Degree in Statistics so along the lines of My education. Would recommend to anyone wanting a Great Pre Start to A Career!😀😀😀
Census 2016
It was a very interesting position. Worked on Aboriginal reserves collecting data for census 2016.

Worked with local guides from the reserves learnt a lot from them.
It is fairly boring
The job is fairly boring unless someone answers the phone which happens once about every 6 phone calls. It can be difficult to convince people to do the survey.
Busy work environment
I really enjoyed this job as it gave me the opportunity to visit the community to complete the forms necessary for Stats Canada. It was seasonal as per Stat year.
great
love it, I liked it and had fun. good place, good place.
great environnement, joyful, no stress and just enjoying working there really.

people are fun. no drama, just peace.
Contact généralement agréable avec les citoyens
Prise de rendez-vous
Rencontre avec les sujets

Prise de données

Préparation de rapport de rencontre

Remise des rapports

Règlement de cas difficiles
Very innovative environment
Great management culture and fast-paced innovative environment allowing diverse projects with different kinds of data. Serving clients internal and external.
Isolated and poor direction given to interviewers
Good for flexibility of schedule and federal benifits. Motivation and direction are lacking, but management will find scapegoats if something goes wrong. Numerous attempts to harass interviewers into resigning, including threats about the jail time involved in confidentiality issues.
Remote work and little training ongoing.
Good Job
I am happy to be on a team that provides public service. The job is well paced and provides a good balance of challenge and reward. Site is professional, leadership is well trained, and the shifts vary so I can enjoy my own goals outside of work.
Very structured and organized but to the detriment of employees
Very structured and organized but to the detriment of employees. StatsCan runs like a well tuned car for the most part, but with some growing pains. The employees are treated like a herd of cattle doing monotonous work day in and out. And it's almost like there is a cast system you would see in India; management won't acknowledge you unless you have a degree or belong to their cast.
productive, stressful
Very stressful and productive at the same time. While you go around and collect information from each household you'll never know if you end up with friendly or approachable or resident owners. Also, your success depends on the trust of your Supervisor on your capability if you can handle the job well when you submit the data needed for each household. Some Supervisors can be very supportive but some also can be very demanding or overbearing.
telephone interviewer
personally, it was a stressful job because a lot of it dealt with talking directly to respondents who are usually bombarded with phone calls. Otherwise great place to work.
envvironement de travail
ce fut très plaisant de travailler avec une équipe fantastique
fun
I felt it was a very rewarding job. I learned a lot about myself as you work a lot on your own and there is a lot of driving. I enjoyed this job a lot and would do it again if the opportunity arose
Good place to work with a good salary
I really enjoyed my time there. I didn’t do an interview but I did have to do a written exam. I applied In February and only received an offer in July. The other employees are great very friendly. The job is a little boring but you get to listen to music and dress casually.
Pros
Friendly staf, relaxed work environment
Cons
Long hours; takes time before getting a call
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Statistics Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2