Statistics Canada
Happiness score is 79 out of 100

Statistics Canada Employee Reviews

Canada604 reviews

Excellent

Excellent for the training and the other enumerator who are both in the next few weeks ago and the 38inches aren't too much trouble with the other enumerator

Pros

So much for your reply

Cons

Ceartúcháin ar fad and the other day the next few

Fun work with no possibility to advance

Fun place to work if you like to talk to people. Make lots of calls. Management is horrible however, and the chain-of-command is ridiculously unintuitive. No one at the top knows what's going on at the ground level.

Insights into Statistics Canada

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Well run organization

The organization is well run and you have the opportunity to rotate and move up. There is a wide range of expertise here and it gives you the ability to learn new skills

didn't like it

job wasn't for me, I hated going to people's houses and enumerating them, it felt uncomfortable. manager was great tho and super helpful, there is no work-life balance

Relaxed workplace

Federal job with good salary and benefits. Nice and professional people. Work life balance.Good mix of different surveys.Not stressful work.Scripts that are easy to follow.

Productive workplace with your own desk. Management is professional, fair and impartial.

This is a great place to work if you don’t mind staying focus on your job and being monitored or rated on a regular basis. The pay rate is expected for a government employee. The hours are also the same as expected for any regular government job on a federal level.

Productive and fun

I loved working with statistics canada and their team.. We worked well and efficiently together.. it was contract work so I was sad when it ended!! But it was worth the time it too to complete the taste!! And you got to know the community better!!

Fun and Easy going

Working at Statistics Canada is quite relaxed. The tasks are not difficult and management is nice and easy going. The training process is helpful and insures you understand your tasks. Workers are friendly and help in improving yourself and tasks. I really enjoyed working at Statistics Canada.

Pros

Flexible hours and Good Management

Cons

Work Schedule hours can be varried may require weekend shifts

Enjoyed the job, interesting

Productive and fun , spending time outdoors, exercise, fun people , interesting, gained valuable experience, exploring new areas, places never been before

Environment de travail correct

J’ai travaillé en tant que agent de recensement et c’etait super bien

not a bad place to work, people are kind and freindly

coworkers were good to work with, some managers have a chip on their shoulder so it depends who you got and they do have some favoritism. I would go back.

Great people to work with

You can move up quickly in Finance if you're motivated. Pay needs to increase, however, with the current cost of living. Entire organization is very much in favor with a new hybrid model, allowing people to choose to telework.

Opportunities to learn strong communication skills.

There are a lot of opportunities for learning/courses, everything from aboriginal studies to diversity and data analytics. Interesting work dealing with the public in a confidential manner. The role feels like an important contribution to society.

Good

I am just reviewing this to get access to reviews at a company I want to apply at. Stats Can was a decent job for the Census. Management was pretty good, the whole operation was pretty loose as it was a quick hiring/working period.

A lot of frustration and having people yell at you

I though being an enumerator would be a fun and interesting summer job. It was neither. People avoid you, yell at you and can be quite threatening. I do not recommend this job unless you have a very thick skin.

Pros

Able to set your own hours

Cons

Mostly everything else

Unusual doing cencus during covid

I enjoyed working as a cenus enumerator, my supervisors were excellent!A bit awkward to get pay stubs thro e-post.We had to use our own computer and phone as we worked from home.Not many people were willing to answer calls from a "private caller".We were compensated per day for using our own equipment but then taxed on that as if it was salary.

Pros

Casual attire, some work outdoors, work in own neighbourhood

Cons

Some of the software was a bit finicky to work with, Using own phone meant fewer people answered our calls.

Productive, fun workplace, great support system. Totally enjoyed my time.

Flexible work balanceGreat support sytem - supervisor was always there for you when neededInclusivityHardest part of the job was dealing with irate people due to political viewEnjoyable part was dealing and knowing the neighborhood.

Pros

Awesome work environment.

Cons

Maybe OT pay, Stat pay, Increase hourly pay

Busy but good colleagues

Good place to work, workload can be heavy at times. Good opportunities for advancement, really good benefits and flexible schedule. Good salary as well.

Excellent workplace, incredible training to make you succeed.

Field InterviewerI was part of the 2021 Census Team, it was the first time most to the Census would be done online due to Covid. I got to talk to people from all over the world and from every Province in Canada. Very enjoyable and rewarding job. Management is the best you can ask for. The hardest part of the job is to get people to trust you and complete the information. There are many scams out there and sadly people have been taken advantage of, and identities have been stolen. Great workplace culture and you are doing a great service to Canada. Love It!

Pros

Great management support.

Cons

Job security

Great, forward thinking, great place to work

Eight month contract, learned the ins and outs of recruiting, interviewing, file management. The job was very enjoyable, fast paced, and management was very fair. I would highly recommend Stats Can to anyone.

Pros

remote work, great team, great hours

Cons

excellent work environment with lots of flexiblity

caring and helpful management, room for independent and group work, flexible hours to work around my student schedule, clear expectations with regular check-ins

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Statistics Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement