State Street Employee Reviews

high staff turnover
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK4 June 2018
open work environment with flexibility to work from home, good place to gain industry experience. High staff turnover, long hours for some positions no overtime pay.
Stressful Environment
Associate, Operations & Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
A company that will make you work like a slave with very little room for growth.

Great place to get entry level experience and move out.

Extremely stressful Environment
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Long hours - with higher management not encourged to pay for overtime, Salary below industry standards
nice place to start out
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
this was a very good first job, but was not somewhere that I would want to stay for long. Although working from home was nice, i was not a huge fan of the work environment.
Good for experience, hard to build career here.
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  County Louth9 April 2018
I worked with a brilliant team of people at State Street, for the most part I really enjoyed my time there. Current freeze-hire in place for those working in the IFS branch of State Street - those who left were not being replaced and job advancement seemed to be out of the question. This made the job very stressful at times and despite taking on more work as each day went by, this was not rewarded financially or otherwise. Promotion only mentioned when I decided to hand in my notice but I had already felt undervalued at this time and I had made up my mind. Salary also lower than competing companies.

On the other hand, the work experience was great; I met some fantastic people and I learned a lot over the 2 years I worked there.
Pros
I can't think of any.
Cons
Long hours, underpaid and undervalued.
Great company
RISK MONITORING Sr. ASSOCIATE level 2 (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
Great place to work. Enjoy the challenge and always busy. Very fast placed. Attention to detail. Always learning. Change is almost an everyday occurrence, so you really need to be ready to adapt.
Pros
Amazing benefits and people
Cons
worked overnights..hard on everyday life balance
Decent overall
Sanctions Screening Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2018
Great benefits. I learned a lot working at State Street Corp and have expanded my skillset by adding valuable knowledge of internal systems used Worldwide by financial institutions. Hands on experience with Anti Money Laundering applications. Decent overall.
Results oriented business
Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
The people are dedicated and remain focused on doing their best to contribute to the goals of the organization. The head office is in the United States.
Good workplace
Senior operations associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
8.30-6 pm . Overtime is given but questioned depending on the team. Salary is lowest in the industry ,excellent benefits. A lot of employee engagement activities. Training is not that great. Good interiors except for the cafeteria . Education expenses covered if eligible.Training is not very structured
A good place to start your career
Senior Investment/Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2018
- Good working environment
- Good for people looking for their first job after graduation

- Low salary compare to the industry
- Career advancement is cap
- High turnover
Amazing
Accountant, Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2017
Nice I really liked to work for State Street. It is a good place to work at. Nice environment and good culture. Thank you so much for your consideration and support.
Not a fun place
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2017
Absolutely dread working there. It is a sweat shop. They work you really hard. The hours are really long and senior management doesn't seem to very caring.
flex work arrangement
Financial Reporting/Analysis Planning, Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
management - encouraged open communication

workplace culture - flexible work arrangement

most job functions are controlled, or centralized in head office, trending with most basic functions done in offshore locations.
it was ok
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
it was an ok place to work.
good benefits
good place to start
good coworkers and was in the heart of downtown
good coworkers
no complaints
but not a place to be long term.
Productive workplace
Funds Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
A typical day required an employee to print fund specific reports to meet the client's needs. Wire transferring funds between accounts as per the client's need.
Pros
Great corporate culture
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Working with IBM
WebSphere Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indian Cabins, AB10 October 2017
I am working with IBM as middleware administrator my client is SSC
(State Street Corporation). I have learn how to manage the IT project by the help of ITIL, i have upgrade the technical skill set ibm provide the good environment for learning and upgrade the IT skill set. IBM is leading brand its provide the good work culture to the employees.
good
Cons
na
Fair Job Work/Life Balance
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2017
There is a positive job work/life balance but poor management and job culture. For example, there is segregation among cultures, languages, and there is no unity.
First job out of school
Senior Trade Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
This was my first job out of university. I didn't expect much, I was just looking for experience and getting my foot into the workforce. It was my first real job.
Good introductory position
Client Management and Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
Work/life balance could be improved. Training must be taken more seriously, but good place to start training and move to other companies. Free lunches for employees are excellent
Long hours, poor management
Manager, Accounting Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
State Street is a great place to learn the skills to succeed in your career. They offer great employee perks, but depending on the department you work in be prepared for long working hours.
Would have liked to stay
Investment Accountant - Contract (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
Great place to work but was only a contract assignment. Worked with a few different departments when needed and enjoyed my time when I was working there.
Pros
Sometimes long hours
Cons
Took to long to be set up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Street. Our community is ready to answer.

State Street Reviews by Location