State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 115 reviews matching the search See all 9,038 reviews
Great place, friendly people.
Data Entry Clerk/ Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON26 November 2018
Great place,friendly people and atmosphere. Busy, makes the days go quickly. Get to meet a bunch of people - every day is different. Lots of learning oppourtunties.
Loved my job
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 November 2018
Working for this company was a pleasure. I started at an entry level and quickly worked my way up. Free educational courses always helped improve yourself. I really enjoyed working with numbers, answering phone calls from Agents and insurers. I travelled areas of Ontario, educating Agents on Company software. My day was always busy. My co workers were supportive and fun. We all had our designated areas that we assisted with,each having over 40,000 accounts. Meeting Insureds in our lobby conference room to discuss their policies, accounts and find ways to resolve their concerns. I
Pros
Working with numbers, balancing accounts
Cons
Head Office relocated too far for me to drive.
Productive and faced-paced workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2018
I worked with a great team in a fast-paced environment. I cleansed and assessed data, and performed business analytics. I have gained strong data analysis and programming skills.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 November 2018
Great work environment! Great team environment and lots of customer interaction. Always learning new things and every day is different. Great leadership and training.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
busy
Good insurance position, limited room to grow
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 November 2018
The job entailed spending a majority of your time at work doing cold calls with high sale goals to reach. The work environment will vary from agent to agent - some agents have limited insurance knowledge.
Good Culture
Claims Advisor - Accident Benefits (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON12 November 2018
State Farm offered a great work culture. The training offered prepared you for the role you would take and give you the opportunity to apply the knowledge before you started in that role. Once inside the company your job was secure and it was reinforced to you. The company however viewed your role as one that was equivalent in another department, regardless if you had any interactions with that department. ie. Claims Adjuster in Automobile was the same as an Injury adjuster or Property Adjuster. The company would treat you positively but when new roles in other departments such as Property would open up, they would often take inexperienced people from outside the company and train them instead of letting you move over. Other times they would let you move over, if a position was available however you would not receive an increase in compensation as they viewed the move as a lateral one.
Pros
Great training and development
Cons
Little support for advancement
Was a great stepping stone into the Insurance Industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 November 2018
It was such a nice introduction into this industry. Super small office and the Agent just started out on her own.

I learned alot about the Insurance Industry and about different management styles.

Since the Agent was just starting out she had alot of high expectations but did not give the time and support needed to ensure her team felt supported and secure.

In reality, we were better off being former coworkers than current ones

The location was perfect and the pay was decent for that time period
Pros
Location, near shopping malls and the gym, hours of operation
Cons
Management style, job securit
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2018
make calls to people to tell them that policy was up renewal .

boring sitting in office buy yourself .

management was OK when came in

they where always out

the hardest part is telephone clients and weren't every time we call no one home

but I was alone in office but when lunch i would walk as cross the hall and would talk to the receptionist we got all great
Pros
alone in office
Cons
boring
State Farm is a good place to obtain a broad background in IT
Technical Analyst, Information Security Department (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IL30 October 2018
There is a lot of opportunity for movement into different areas of the company. Employment has been historically very stable for IT analysts. There is a true open door policy that allows access to all levels of managment.
Pros
Adequate benefits and a friendly culture
Not bad
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON17 October 2018
Less work & life balance
less work culture
no management
salary was not competitive
Less chance to move
no team work
But job security is quite good,help
Bodily Injury Representative Review
Claim Representative, Bodily Injuries (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON8 October 2018
Worked there 4 years ago, things may have changed. Management had favourites which impacted if you moved up in the company. State Farm has been bought out and management has changed, therefore things may be different currently.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON5 October 2018
The typical work day for me was talking to customers and doing quote's. Meeting's with the owner. Bank deposits. I would also do supply ordering for office and maintain equipment
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
slow at times
Productive, fun and dynamic work environment
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 September 2018
Very personal work environment as there were only 2 other team members. Very dynamic work environment as well as there were new situations constantly happening.
I worked for State Farm
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CA22 September 2018
I worked and loved working for State Farm Insurance, it was a family feeling and wonderful work environment. They pay their claims and offer excellent customer service when people are in crisis or dealing with a loss. My husband had State Farm insurance when he had an automobile accident and they were amazing to deal with.
Pros
Wonderful company cared about employees
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON23 August 2018
Excellent company, great culture that was always foremost in the mind of peers and management. Very good benefits, overall a great place to work. Sorry that it’s no longer in Canada.
Good
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2018
The job requires Understanding enterprise problems and goals, Analyzing needs and solutions, devising strategies, Driving change, and facilitating stakeholder collaboration.
Company is good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 July 2018
State farm insurance is a good company . very good management.. headoffice very cooperative. In the agency the work environment was good.. sometimes we were asked to stay afterhours without being paid.
Pros
coworkers and headoffice staff very helpful
Cons
agent
Life Company
Life Company Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON24 June 2018
Your desk would consist of several different subjects of work. Each day when you start you would prioritize your day and workload. Over my 15 year tenure, I learned how to change client names, beneficiaries, address, SIN numbers, birthday's, adjust payments, set up and distribute death and disability claims. All levels of management were approachable and available to provide new information about company changes, new systems and support. The hardest and yet most rewarding part of my job was death claims. They were hard to deal with the death of someone but you felt good in helping their loved ones to be at peace and be able to pay for the services. I also loved the people I worked with.
Pros
Free parking, Staff appreciation day and fun days at the office
Cons
working 10-6 shift and missing mealtime with my family
Agent office Team member
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2018
Your experience will depend 100% on the agent you work with. The office I was with started of really well. Positive team and good perks. As the years went on the agent and office manager (married couple) were out of the office more and more on personal holidays/business and expected you to fully run and manage their business with very little support. Concerns that were voiced were ignored leaving you feeling unappreciated. The benefits provided were average. It is a very independent job so you have to manage your work load effectively, especially the sales end of things. Its very easy to get overwhelmed with the small things. The biggest thing I learned- If the agent decides they don't like you or you aren't preforming, they just fire you and move to the next person. You are very replaceable.
Pros
Decent income if good at sales, training provided by head office was very good
Cons
Office gossip, lack of HR support, lack of confidentially by agent
Good
Sydney Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 June 2018
A day at work would consist of answering calls and maintaining the book of business. Sydney was a crook, no one liked her and clients hated dealing with her.

53.3K