STARTEK Employee Reviews for Customer Support Representative

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 2,278 reviews
Best job ever
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 January 2019
The job I had here was for a cell company doing customer service. I took phone calls and wrote emails. This included changing rate plans and features on customer accounts and pulling call details and creating spreadsheets for the customers.
Pros
everything
Cons
long hours sometimes
not a fun place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 December 2018
This job is not for someone who enjoys being active and moving around. You sit at a desk all day and get screamed at by customers on the phone for issues.
Call Centre
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 May 2017
This was the second time I worked in a call centre. After working there I will never do it again. They were very rude, unappreciative, and very difficult to work for.
draining
customer support (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 July 2016
If this is the only place that will hire you then take it till something better comes along, basically anything else will beat it. The lack of support and the constant complaining of customers that you really cant help makes for a long day.Low pay is also a great part of the job.
Pros
zip
Cons
awful
I enjoyed working with everyone that was part of the Startek team.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 February 2016
I learned to work in a high-paced environment.
I learned how to work well in a team environment.
I learned several organizational skills.

Co-workers were mostly helpful towards one another.

Having to work in an environment which was continuously timed. Ex: timed telephone calls timed bathroom breaks etc. This type of environment made you feel as you were treated robotically. It equally felt as though you weren't trusted to perform your work in true honest nor loyalty.

When you were experiencing any form of difficulty, help of supervisors was provided when available.
Pros
Bonus incentives.
Cons
Competitive environment, lack of trusworthyness.
Good Hours, Poor management.
Customer Business Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 November 2015
Startek was a great place to start working while I learned about computers and worked on my typing speed. The other co-workers there are very nice but management is poor and doesn't co-operate with the employ and gets angry easily. Hours were great when looking for a full time position. Over all a good place to work if you can deal with american customers over the phone that can be quiet rude sometimes.
Pros
over time.
Cons
poor management
terrible place to work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 September 2015
underpaid for the stuff you have to deal with.
over taxed on paycheques, and HR/ payroll refuses that there is anything wrong. when there clearly is.

benefits are way too expensive, 40$ a month for a single person? on top of the 250$ thats being taken out of my cheque from taxes. no, i need every single penny of that small paycheque.

they promise room for promotion, when there is no room.

no coaching, they go straight to termination without any warnings.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything
Productive and fun workplace with pin pong table
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 June 2014
There was no typical day at work, since everyday was different. I learned how to use new software and how to de-escalate customers. The management there did the best they could at helping you resolve conflicts that you were not sure with. The co-workers were extremely friendly and upbeat. The hardest part of the job was to calm down customers when there was errors in their account that was reoccurring. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of helping out customers and making them happy.
Great Pay
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  kingston, on6 June 2014
Great pay but not the best place to be if you have a family. Not very flexible with hours, and lots of politics. I learned better communication and problem solving skills. Co workers were great and made the time there enjoyable. Hardest part was being pregnant and not being able to move around.
Pros
computer use
Cons
not flexible
Harder than it looks.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 February 2014
The people I worked with were wonderful and very helpful. The supervisors and managers were great people who would help anyone who needed it.

I unfortunately could not handle how many angry people called in each day. I am usually a very happy and cheerful person but it wore me down very quickly.

I have learned that I greatly prefer to speak with people face to face. It is much easier to diffuse tense situations when body language and facial expressions are able to be read by both people.

The highlight of the job is the caller who recognized my voice and ended up being a friend of my late grandfather. Not only was I able to help them with their inquiry, but I was also able to save them money by updating their services.
Pros
Excellent co workers and bosses
Cons
very angry customers
work there if your have no other choice
Cusomter Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 June 2013
getting yelled at by up to 60 to 80 strangers a day depending on the day... I learned never to work at all call center again... the management admits themselves startek is like a high school so that's saying a lot... the co-workers are the only reason people keep their job there (and i'm not enough try to rude or hate, thats just how terrible the kingston, ontario company is).... most enjoyable time of the day smoke break
Pros
awards to staff in order for them them to hate their jobs less
Cons
everything, except for the few decent people you meet while working there
Go somewhere else..........
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario5 April 2013
Your better off working elsewhere, they consider you to be readily expendable without any consequences to themselves. CYA and find a better place to work.
Cons
they'll throw you out at the drop of a hat.
Very Stressful
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 January 2013
It was a very difficult environment.
Felt like a child and a prisoner.
Pros
close to home
Cons
all the negativity
A nice organisation to work.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 June 2012
Difficulty in procuring, feel like stopped growing,multiculture environment,nice people to work with,
Pros
provide variety of facilities
Cons
attitude of showing no care
enjoyable
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON22 May 2012
management used alot of games/incetives to keep moral boosted while taking calls