STARTEK Employee Reviews

call center always has its ups and downs
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON2 June 2018
Learned the basic fundamental steps in becoming a leader. I had a great deal of mentors in this place that invested time on how to coach and interact with employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
it closed
Professional.
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 May 2018
Startek is an extremely great place to work out! Staff and coworkers are very friendly. Working at Startek, you engage with customers frequently. You learn how to help customers and how to satisfy them and resolve their issues.
alright
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 May 2018
Had to deal with some really cranky customers. Will dispute anything. Some customers were good. Fun overall to work at. Had to sit and answer phones for 8 hours can get pretty boring.
Pros
fun to work at
Cons
too many grumpy customers and management was iffy
not the job for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 April 2018
The job is very repetitive with and very boring, management was not very supportive and more interested in the small group they had for socializing then helping new people
Productive and fun working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 April 2018
Great place to work if you are looking to have fun and get paid. This company truly cares about their employees and their needs. They have flexible hours, plenty of overtime with amazing incentives, draws, games, and so much more.
Overall Experince
Team Leader/Senior CCR (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 April 2018
A simply horrible employer who takes little interest in the well-being of its employees.
Have zero regard for social / emotional well being.\
Shift bid process is terribly flawed with so many deserving employees over looked.
Wish I had of had the confidence to leave this employer long before I did
Fast Paced Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 April 2018
It's a very face paced environment with a constantly changing work hours. Everone is willing to help you answer a question or even find the information that you are looking for.
Pros
pool table, ping pong table
Cons
Shifts change to much, no stable hours
Wonderful Place To Work
Business Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 March 2018
Above average wages, benefits, shift work, and paid training. If able to talk to customers and multitask this is the job for you. Each month they offer incentives in the way of promotions, bonuses, game prizes, etc which provide an overall fun atmosphere go work in.
Pros
Benefits, shift work, friendly environment, monthly insentatives
Cons
Far from my home, shift work conflicted with family life, having to learn as you go puts you on the spot, and being disciplined for making mistakes puts a great stress on you
It was a stable job with a healthy social component.
Customer Service Representative, Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 February 2018
My duties changed over time, starting a a Technical Care Specialist on the Nikon USA contract. After that, I was dedicated to all areas of customer service as pertained to the T-Mobile contract.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Very repetitious tasks and little opportunity for advancement.
call center
RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON20 February 2018
inbound call center was a great job. nice place to work. cool in the summer warm in the winter. every second weekend off was great as well and had shift all over the place.
Don't work here
Was acting relief supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 February 2018
I would never go back to this place, no leadership, low pay, even the people I worked with had no idea what was going on daily. When I left, I had to complete my own separation paper work, as no one wanted to be bothered to do so.
productive friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 February 2018
this was my home away from home always loved going to work my team was like family very supportive and fun . supervisor was a great guy always had pizza party and games
Fun but demanding
Bilingual Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  KINGSTON J26 January 2018
The experience to work in in a fast paced environment is very challenging but educative
I was introduced to the world of multitasking while being patient and putting the customers needs first
Pros
Practicing my bilingual and IT skills
Cons
Call volume too high sometimes
not a good job
Activation Aide (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 January 2018
not a good job /carrer. however you do make a livable wage.
you get yelled at all day long by people calling in and you get blamed for everything even though all you did was answer the phone to help them with their concerns.
management pretends to be nice in group talks than become twofaced when they talk to employees in private.
Startek Kingston, ON
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 December 2017
I worked at startek for the duration of two pregnancies, plus about 6 months.

I enjoyed my work there, and worked in several different departments. I was harassed by a customer towards the end, and forgot the harrassment script to allow me to hang up, and found that mentally challenging. I left shortly after.
Busy stressful work environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 December 2017
Not a bad place to work with a decent pay check and set hours. Good job if you enjoy being on the phones waiting for a call. Job security good experience.
It's decent
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 November 2017
The peers are great, the job is meh. No one really cares about the employees, they just say they do. They have good spirit days but the benefits are a joke.
Productive and good work condiition
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region6 November 2017
Good management and friendly superior that will help you out to grow and be professional when it comes to work ethics. The team leader will lead as if she's considering your team as a family
Pros
Friendly superior
Great Team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 November 2017
This was a great job and I love the environment. Unfortunately, we were laid off when the Canadian Dollar made the company less viable and they repatriated it.
Efficient fast pace
Engagement specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 October 2017
As a full time worker , it was good start to step into real world with actual understanding of different kinda of behaviours and personalities. Tend to become more practical.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STARTEK. Our community is ready to answer.