STARTEK Employee Reviews

Found 179 reviews matching the search See all 2,256 reviews
Call Centre Experience
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 April 2019
The first thing I learned is that you can't take things personally as customer would call and be very upset, but it had nothing to do with you.
There are a lot of policies and procedures to learn as well.
I didn't have the best experience, but I worked there when they still had overnight shifts and that's what I worked. It wasn't great for my mental health and therefore I think I have a bad perception of the company. However my boyfriend has worked there for almost four years and still loves it. He actually just got promoted. So I honestly think it depends on the person and personality.
Pros
Beside Tim Horton's
Cons
Working overnights
its closed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 April 2019
it is no longer in operation it closed its doors in 2011/ it was a inbound call center for att/ we troubleshooted and did billing and set up plns. it stayed open for 10 years which was their contract with att, when it closed its doors alot of people were out of work
Pros
na
Cons
na
good place to work. wonderful people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 March 2019
I was at Startek for over 17years. The job is good, great people, benefits. I would recommend it as a long term place of employment to anyone. They havfe events and barbeques and giveaways to employees. They make it a fun place to work
Pros
Good people
Cons
When they downsize they get rid of highest saleries rather than low performers
Big American Company to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 January 2019
This is the another way of serving customer over phone, solving inquiries and gives you opportunities to grow more within company at admin positions. Your hard work will pay off someday.
Best job ever
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 January 2019
The job I had here was for a cell company doing customer service. I took phone calls and wrote emails. This included changing rate plans and features on customer accounts and pulling call details and creating spreadsheets for the customers.
Pros
everything
Cons
long hours sometimes
before Startek became Atelka and Atelka became Ttech
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON19 December 2018
Startek was a fun place to work there was a playful atmosphere, from Nerf gun wars to games and pot lucks. overall it was a fun experience. there was proper training when new services came out and management was on the ball and barley passed the buck.
Pros
was about the employees and how they can make things beter
Cons
long hours at 12 hr shifts
not a fun place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 December 2018
This job is not for someone who enjoys being active and moving around. You sit at a desk all day and get screamed at by customers on the phone for issues.
Would work here again
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 November 2018
Had to watch your back, very stressful but there was calls that were not bad. Enjoyed working here at times as co workers made it better, and between calls you were able to joke around, and you could bring something to do along as it didnt involved paper or pens
Pros
Full time hours, medical accommodations
Cons
Under staff
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 November 2018
This job has a lot of incentives for having great quality assurance scores. Speaking primarily to retail store agents was awesome. Activating cell phones all day was the greatest
Healthy working environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region28 October 2018
Startek has taught me how to handle various problems, at the same time, communicate with people in a professional way. It has helped my practice my patience in achieving solutions to many problems, customer experience. As a customer service representative, I was able to enhance more my English Speaking skills.
Pros
Approachable supervisors.
Cons
Small compensation.
Relaxed environment with lots of room for advancement
Staff Supervisor/QA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON19 October 2018
I enjoyed my time there. While it was not "for me" the environment and culture was fantastic. I was more than happy to go in to work every day. Good memories there that I won't soon forget.
3 out of 10
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 October 2018
I have worked here for over 10 years and don't even make $1 over minimum wage. StarTek does not give decent wage increases anymore, and does not treat their tenured employees with any seniority.
Pros
Easy, no dress code, full time hours, some benefits
Cons
Undesirable shifts that make it very difficult to have an outside social or family life, mostly hires very young/juvenile and immature youth.
surprisingly rewarding if you're willing to put the work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 September 2018
Overall, they did fine by me. Annual reviews were generally on time, and raises given. Had lots of fun -- you can't shirk the phone calls, so be ready to work. Pressure, ultimately, is what you put on yourself, rather than by management.
awsome is all i can say
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 September 2018
before startek closed down it was one of the best places to work in regina they helped me improve my customer service skills from poor to excellent with weekly reviews on my progress i wish they were still around becauce i would still be working for them today
It was a nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 August 2018
Friendly staff
give you time to finish notes
moral is good when i was there
gave people plenty of training time
organized
job advancement possible
Pros
people are supportive, easy access to HR
Cons
location
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 August 2018
My Startek job was my first full time job in my life. With Startek, i learned to talk english as we are on the phone the whole time we are in the job.
Pros
Learned to communicate better
Cons
it was challenging at first however rewarding.
Fun and Enjoyable working environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 July 2018
Was a fun work environment with a lot of work related incentives. hours were fine for the pay and regular hours.
I didn't like how the management was more friends than work related employers, they stuck together when complaints were made.
Sometime building more of a family environment at a workplace is not the best when serious complaints come up and get pushed under the rug
Overall, an okay place to work.
Business Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 July 2018
The people I work with are great and fun to have around. The biggest problem is the disconnect between management and employees. Little to know communication and there's no sense of ownership. If you go to them with an issue, they'll try as hard as they can to make it someone else's problem.
good overall
Business Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 June 2018
the job is what you make of it, continuous training and engagement from leadership. customers were a bit strong willed at times. lots of bonuses if you performed.
Pros
fun and engaging
Cons
stressful at times and long commute from where I currently live
call center always has its ups and downs
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON2 June 2018
Learned the basic fundamental steps in becoming a leader. I had a great deal of mentors in this place that invested time on how to coach and interact with employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
it closed