StarTech.com

StarTech.com Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Good Coop Experience
It was a good learning experience with lots of new stuff to learn about.
Met lots of good people who want the best for you.

Can get busy at times

Would Recommend
Good people, good company
StarTech is a good company to work for. The people are nice and the vision is strong.
They are going through a transition from a small to a larger company and with it the standard growing pains.
Excellent company to work for
Awsome company culture, great understanding of work/life balance and once you are hired in the company; there are many areas to advance in to with provided support to help you go in your direction of choice.
Best Job I have EVER had.
Bar none this is the best job I every had. Right from the get go they care about their staff. It starts with amazing training and onboarding and goes right through the entire company. Never had a question that wasn't answered quickly and honestly.
Pros
Incentives, bonuses, great work life balance, managers who care.
Cons
Medical benefits could be better but are still pretty good.
People make the company
Great culture, good compensation. Work hard/play hard.

Too many managers and constant shifting of strategy. Used to be an excellent company but they are now struggling with employee engagement. Very few employees are over 40 unless executive or admin level. Three to four years of shifting strategies and terminating employees (long-term included) have made it a different place to work and now people that would never have left are looking for other roles.

Many good people work here but keep their options open as StarTech.com is always switching directions/strategies with new executives and prior to a few years ago, this was a plus for all staff. Now, staff are left wondering how their jobs will be impacted.
Pros
Generous, good staff, flexible environment
Cons
No guarantee of advancement or long-term job.
Great company -
This is great company but not perfect. Picture a driver changing lanes incessantly - this is them - but they succeed. Nobody there would likely argue with this assessment. You can do a lot worse than working here - you will learn a lot.
Love working at StarTech.com!
I've had a great experience working at StarTech.com. There is a lot of opportunity to grow within the organization - both within your own team and cross functionally to other departments. StarTech.com is growing fast and you are able to gain valuable experience being part of the growth and success while learning from some intelligent leaders. I would definitely recommend StarTech.com!
Excellent leadership changes over last 2 years
Amazing company! Around 20% growth every year, continues to expand globally every year and should move from $287 million last year to $500 million by 2021. New President hired 2 years ago who is a great leader & new Chief People Officer last year who's exactly the person needed. Positive attitudes across the board. Great quality products, lots of career opportunities, great benefits, very good work/life balance, privately held, paying quarterly bonuses over 100% & reinvesting in the future. Get on board and be part of a success story!
Pros
Cons
If you don't like change, it's the wrong company. New challenges every day when you're growing at this pace!
Not for people with disabilities
When I informed them of my disability they put me on indefinite probation. I went to the labour board and successfully won the case. I was disappointed as I initially liked the job.
Overall great place to work whether you are beginning your career or looking for a higher ranking position. Great culture and team environment. A lot of activities and a true feeling of camaraderie.
Customer Advisor
Great place to work, create culture and amazing people to work with.
Variety of different tasks, which makes it great and non repetitive.
A growing company with lots of opportunities
A fun place to work. Most co workers have decent education and are easy to deal with. The culture is really good, with lots of company events organized throughout the year.
Worse place to work
If anyone is thinking about working for this place I wouldn't. I found them to be very unethical and the managment to be very untrustworthy.If I could give this company a rating of 0 I would.
Cons
the entire management