Stars

Stars Employee Reviews

Salaries are hugely inflated to the amount of work anybody does. Doesn't matter which department, everybody claims to be overworked but in reality they sit around watching TV or cruising the Internet, some "work from home" or schedule "almost all day appointments" so they still get paid without taking time off. No work ethic among employees.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No work ethic
Worked lots of weekends but the was compensated with time in lieu. Lifesaving business so lots of emphasis on medical procedures and training. Not for profit so was able to learn how to support and assist with a foundation.
usually work is on the weekends and the hours are very manageable. hours are often late but the mangers are great and understanding people who are very considerate of your time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late nights
I worked 12 hour shifts starting at 6 am. I worked a rotation of 4 days on and 4 days off, This was a term position as we were testing a work alone system for an oil and gas company. I also registered sites throughout western Canada that were to be monitored. Everyone was positive and very helpful. It was a very upbeat work environment and I learned a great deal about what STARS did and how very important their work is. Management was always available and willing to help and/or answer all questions. It was very difficult to say goodbye when the time came. I made friends that I will enjoy for many years to come