Starbucks Employee Reviews

Certified Barista/ Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2018
The job at Starbucks gives you a unique opportunity to meet with people, interact and get to know them. Its a an amazing customer service environment one can get.
Great workplace with friendly co-workers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2018
My typical day at Starbucks: Change screw shoes and ware apron-log in -greet customers, take orders, make payments,make various drinks, toast breads, write daily log - daily clean - settle accounts -cleaning-log off.
I learned how to serve customers, how to make group work,how to work under pressure and also some other communication skills.
The company has work inspection by weekly and monthly. it was well organized. They also have safety course online and small meeting with sales manager.Furthermore, they care employees a lot and celebrate birthdays for employees.
The hardest part of the job is in the rush hour. When a 10 m line in the front of cashier, we had to know how to cooperate with others and how to improve work efficient.
The most enjoyable part of the job is greet customers.different personal characteristics taught me a lot communication skills and made a lot of friends.
Pros
Free coupon for lunch
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON7 May 2018
Great place to work. Biggest downside is that they ask alot of you. And although work life balance is preached it's not respected. Be willing to dedicate all you time, and getting away from your phone will be a thing of the past.
Pros
The culture, partners, and customers
Cons
long hours, lots of last minute work loads
Great!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 May 2018
it was a really fun place to work! I worked full time and usually worked the morning shifts.

I've never been a barista before so it was a really new experience

everyone was super friendly and helpful while I was there.
the hardest part of the job was peak while we we're understaffed and having lots of people call in sick so it really slowed the team down

but aside from that, the customers were really friendly and the staff was amazing

best job ever!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
understaffed
Fast Paced Enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 May 2018
Working at Starbucks like most other restaurant is a very fast paced work environment and requires the ability to multi task. The most enjoyable part of working there were the people I got to work with, they made it fun to be there.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
often had long rushes of customers
Opinion
Barista / Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2018
I loved working for Starbucks Canada, really flexible great team and management. It was a great job to have while in university with great benefits and flexible hours.
Good and Bad Days
Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 May 2018
The people you work with are usually great, however, at both locations I worked at, there was drama. Regular customers are usually rude and don't tip, and tips are so minimal. You get denied a raise because you "make tips." Lots is expected from you, especially early in the morning and when it's busy.If you can't keep up, this isn't the job for you.
Pros
Free drinks, health coverage after 3 months
Cons
Early shifts, rude customers, complaints
Enjoyable work atmosphere and excellent customer relationships.
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 May 2018
Starbucks is a leader in the customer service industry for a reason. The company has taught me to enhance the customer experience by connecting and making best moments with them. We build relationships with each customer that walks in the door. Along with exceptional customer service, Starbucks has taught me to multi-task in a high traffic environment, while remaining calm and collected. The most enjoyable part of the job is the partners who work there.
Pros
Great benefit packages, for part-time workers, also.
Great atmosphere
Starbucks Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 May 2018
I really do enjoy working for Starbucks. The ever changing menu and customizing really help keep you on your toes. The district Manager is always available to help out and keeping you informed.
Starbucks Barista
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB4 May 2018
Great benefits and really fun, creative people to work with.

-Team work is vital
-Maintain principle of customer service, even in difficult situations
-Learning how to make the most out of few resources. Whether that means dealing with ingredient outages, or a lack of man-power
-Money handling

Want to know more about Starbucks?

Ask a question
Fast-paced and Fun
Manager and Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB4 May 2018
Fun, and busy work environment, great customers and amazing partners to work with. Company has very good benefit plans, stocks, and a partner discount for everyday use.
Fun and easy going
Barista (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 May 2018
* Lots of cleaning, stocking and serving customers

*I've learned lots about patience

*Management is generally good although complaints that may arise about a manager are often ignored

*Workplace culture is generally fun and uplifting; there can be a lot of workplace drama

*The hardest part is dealing with difficult or rude customers

*The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and having the ability to drastically improve someones day
Okay
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC4 May 2018
Loved the atmosphere and customers. Management was a mess and I worked there for three years and never made more than minimum wage. Was written up for being hospitalized
Quick paced environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB3 May 2018
Balancing the tasks at hand while maintaining the customer experience. Learnt time management skills. Most enjoyable part was connecting with the customers.
Pros
Beverages during shift, making connections with customers.
Cons
The occasional customer who treats the employees like they are worthless, management not standing up to the customers
Fun workplace with the best people.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
It's busy on daily basis. But working at Starbucks, you will learn how to deal with customer and of course, give the best customer service ever. It's always fun working at Starbucks especially when you finally become family with your co-workers or as we always call them, partner.
Pros
Free drinks
Team Work
Team Member/Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2018
-Working as a Team/Team work is important
-Maintain principle of Customer service Concept
-Learning techniques for preparing drinks
-Clean and Tide workplace
Pros
Left over snacks or treats
Cons
Lifting ice
Great work atmosphere
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2018
Really great atmosphere to work with, all the employees were very nice and easy to get along with. Most customers were very nice and respectful and although the store could get busy it was always manageable with the team. The free beverages while working is definitely an added bonus.
My favorite job.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 May 2018
Working here has always been very fun and easy. The job itself is fairly simple, can be done by most. Coworkers became close friends. A great job for students.
Pros
30% off. Free mark outs weekly. Great benefits. 3 Free drinks per shift
Cons
customers can be very rude at times
n/a
Barista (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 May 2018
can be very stressful depending on the mangers. Some managers are not fit for the job, People tend to take their stress out on you. But if you can hand that its a pretty decent job
grate comapny
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 May 2018
Starbucks has good roots that makes for a good company. at the heart of the company they care.

I dont want to put anymore in here and im only doing this so i can move on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

59.5K