Starbucks Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 32 reviews matching the search See all 29,060 reviews
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2018
Working in Starbucks was such fun and the time goes so fast. You can learn all kind of customer service as you are serving thousand to people every day. One thing is very important to clean you as you go.
Most hardest part of this job was clean up messy washroom and I enjoyed while working there the bond with the co worker.
Fun fast paced productive enviroment
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 September 2018
A day at work started out with opening up the store, overseeing foodsafe requirements, ordering supplies, on the floor managing shift breaks, handling customer complaints. I learned how to manage a team of staff, be a good manager staff can look up too. I learned how to effectively take on responsibility of a superior and all the tasks and ups and downs that came with being a good manager.
The workplace was a fun environment where there is always room too grow. The hardest part was the hiring and letting go of staff. I have a bid heart and it was tough putting my feelings aside when i had too let go someone. The most enjoyable part was training and watching the staff learn and grow to be a confident employee.
Pros
Discounted food, sampling the sweets, lots of coffee! Helping customers and making new friends
Cons
Some days are up to 12 hours, getting up at 4am, Letting go of employees.
Great place to work for first job
Barista/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 August 2018
starbucks taught me alot, and I'm grateful for the experience.
Benefits are good, pay/salary are lacking.
Management was often a huge mess in our district.. but that's not the company's fault.
Highly productive
BARISTA & CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2018
Starbucks is not like any other coffee shop that I have worked before. e.g Tim Hortons. Starbucks is a place where you can really give a chance to yourself as a person to really innovate yourself. The condition of management is excellent as they they a systematic rules that provides them with a basic knowledge how the store should be run.
Pros
Free drinks and 15 mins breaks
Cons
Short hours e.g 4 to 5 hrs a day if you're part-time
Fun, fast paced, and good system!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 April 2018
I like the fast paced environment. It was really fun getting to learn how to make all of the drinks. I liked that there was a very specific system being run because it helped things run more efficiently. I wasn't a huge fan of the particular management team, there were a lot of rude supervisors but I enjoyed my coworkers!
Pros
Discount, fast paced work environment made shifts go by quickly, fun job, fun coworkers
Cons
Rude customers, rude management at this particular location
decent job with decent benefits
Customer Service & Master Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2018
the job was okay. free drinks, fun staff, partner discounts, stock options, schooling options, nice customers, and it was fun learning how to make the drinks
Pros
foija
Cons
jiof
Good work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2017
I like the work environment because people are nice and their customers services is really good and they can build good relationship with the customers
Enjoyed seeing regular customers
Customer Service / Barista (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC7 September 2017
Starbucks is a great place to work when you need a flexible schedule, also getting to know all your regular customer and creating a bond with them is also amazing.
Pros
the coffee discount
Cons
the pay isnt that great for the amount of work you do!
Productive workplace with great atmosphere and employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 August 2017
I really enjoyed being able to fulfill orders from that entered Starbucks. I loved how I was able to be a part of putting a smile on the guest's faces as they came through the door.
Pros
Learn more about coffee and the ability to enjoy the discounts
Cons
Can be stressful at times
office
Customer service / barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2017
i always have a fun when i work place and with my co worker . i have a good attitude .my coworking we still have keep in touch. i had amazing time with them.
Great Part-time/full-time
Customer Service / Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2017
Flexibility in terms of schedule. fast-paced work environment. Clients and customers are first and great corporate culture. Employees are treated well.
Great place of work
Barista - Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2017
Starbucks carries many different positions within the floor. My Favorite part of the job was engaging with customers and my least favorite part of the job was cleaning the bathrooms.
Pros
free drinks
Alright
Barista/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chestermere, AB27 January 2017
Not the best job I've had, the experience has been less than admirable. I regularly work with people at the beginning of adult life. It has little to do with engineering but I've learned to work effectively with unskilled workers to accomplish the collective goal of providing a nurturing environment for our customers.
Pros
Free coffee, diverse worker pool
Cons
early mornings, workplace drama, nontechnical work
A good student job
Barista/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2016
If you are a student looking for a part-time job, this is a good option for you. Although it was tiring, it teaches you about work life balance. I didn't mind it.
Good company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2016
this another school in many ways , even though they do not pay very well and sometimes you can get frustrated with the manager and the amount of work you have to do .
Pros
very low salary
Cons
Benefits are ok
Great place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 October 2016
Very busy location, had fun working here.
Great repeat customers, enjoyed conversing with them and explaining new menu items.
Pros
discounted beverages
Cons
part time only
Productive, fun and easy job
Barista/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
A typical day at work is a fun day.
The co-workers are nice and easy to get along with, learning to make drinks is the funnest part of the job.
the hardest part of the job is when we are short-staffed, and there are a lot of people in line, in both the cafe and drive-thru.
Pros
Free coffee weekly
Cons
not enough hours
A nice working place
friendly customer service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2016
This is a great opportunity for me as my first job.Since I worked at a neighbor community area, my co-workers were super friendly, we hanged out a lot and had parties, I was luck that I got in.
Pros
30%off on all products, free coffee every shift, free coffee bean every week.
Cons
unexpected extra work
good benefit, nice enviroment, decent culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chengdu9 March 2016
Great company. Great people. Learned a lot. Amazing benefits; a pound of coffee a week, health benefits, bean stock, Student re-reimbursement program, eco-friendly environment
Pros
Great Benefits, Amazing Work Environtment
Fast-Paced, energetic, fun, onn-going
Cashing & customer service (Current Employee) –  Square One Shopping Mall15 October 2015
During the time that i have worked at Starbucks coffee i have learned a lot. I have become a more experienced customer interacter. By this I mean that i have been able to considerably create bonds with my daily customers, building relationships with them, and having a nice talk or laugh when they are on their way to their busy day. I have also experienced a great deal of team work and communication with my co-workers. We work together in harmony to make sure our customer have the best experience and service at our store each time they come by.
I have mastered the action of multi-tasking and fast-paced working. Since Starbucks is a well known company, we get many loyal and daily customers who are commited to the customer to partner relationships and bonds they have built over time.
Working at a fast - pace while maintaining a good self impression is something very important for each partner. We wana make sure that our customers know we are happy to serve them and help them make their days a lot better.
Susaining a oupositive attitude towards our customers and any given struggle or situation is one of our goals as partners at Starbucks. It is something we must constantly work for everyday that we step on the floor.
Pros
free coffee!
Cons
long line rush

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

511.8K