Starbucks
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 4,143 reviews matching the searchSee all 50,409 reviews

Fun and supportive coworkers but terrible customers

Starbucks has an incredible training program and I have learned a lot from this job. There are a surprising amount of benefits for every level of employee, and I always have fun with my coworkers at every single store I've worked at. It is very fast paced though, and I am almost always exhausted at the end of the shift. What I hate most of all must be our policies with the customers, as it has given everyone at my store a very difficult time recently.

Benefits

Cons

Customers

Great job for students!

I had a great time working with the company. All the staff was incredibly nice and I became friends with almost everyone. The manager however was kind at the beginning but had unreasonably high expectations for my self and ultimately was my reason for leaving.

Pros

Free bag of coffee weekly.

Cons

Scheduled hours all over the place.

Cafes are great

Fun workplace with great coworkers. Regular perils of retail, and corporate culture. Putting in effort is required and rewarded with ample opportunity for promotion if they like you.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Moving away from cafe culture

Multi tasking, fast paced and need to be good memory

Management are friendly, but too much restrictions from this company. Too much drama with employees. You need to be a multi tasking and good memory person.

Pros

10% employees discount for food, drinks and merchandise

Cons

Always changing schedules

Fun place to work, avoid working at a mall

You really have to suck up to your managers here to get the schedule you want. It is sometimes based on seniority but other times not...just depends on the store you work at. Time goes by quickly and overall can be very fun, just don't take it too seriously.

Pros

Good medical benefits, free drinks, free lb coffee weekly, discounts

Cons

Unpredictable schedules

Low pay, intense pressure and stress

Not worth the high energy stress. Always seems to be GO GO GO kind of intensity. Struggling to retain people especially management. Paying their people a wage that matches with their level of expectations at every level needs to be addressed....and much more.

Pros

There are a few....

Cons

A lot more than "pros"

Fast-Paced but fun!!

I loved working at Starbucks honestly, the biggest issue wash always having the BARE MINIMUM staff like you are fully staffed during a rush but immediately after someone gets cut. The company really wants to get those profits in and not pay staff wage. Otherwise I loved the environment, the people and the work itself is satisfying.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Understaffed

Starbucks Towerlane

The worst job I’ve ever experienced. I have been working retail/food for some years and while the actual job is complicated, it’s doable but the work culture is extremely unhealthy. There are only veteran workers as newbies are sure to quit after a few weeks, as veteran workers are condescending and training is so sped up. You learn by making mistakes in which you will then be belittled for. Management is lacking at best, so the veteran workers act like owners rather than your coworkers. They have the highest employee turnover I have ever seen and the compensation is not reflective of the duties and expectations.

Pros

30% discount, free weekly bag of beans

Cons

Toxic Work Culture, Understaffed, Absent Management, High Stress, Low Compensation

Working at sbux

Had really good benifits. The management wasnt to bad but a high turn over rate. Free drink on all your brakes and before and after your shift so that was good.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Work life balance doesn’t exist for management

High salaries and great benefits — but be prepared as a manager to work 50-60 hours a week. And that was before Covid and all the craziness that comes from being an essential service without being a front line worker. I was penalized for being a parent and forced on many occasions to drag my children into work with me at all hours of the day/night.

Pros

Free drinks, great benefits.

Cons

ZERO work/life balance.

Fast-paced and stressful at times

Worked as a barista for five years. The management at my store was often changing and turnover rate was high with new employees. Decent job if you don't mind the fast-paced environment and average pay. It does get busy on the holidays.

Fast-paced fun

It is fun i like food i am hungry it is good please work here good salaries and benefits you should apply the interview is not too hard it is fast-paced

fun, energetic, great staff

don't expect to learn it all in a week, 3 months to make sense. All staff supportive if you don't know the answers. Open availability a must. If you prefer more hours just work at other stores to maintain 20 hours per week for benefits

Pros

free drinks, weekly mark out, free bean stock

Cons

limited hrs to barista's

Great benefits and discounts

Great if you get a good manager but lots of inconsistencies in management and expectations. been with the company 8 years and Ive had some really good managers and some really bad ones. Also there is no grantee of hours.

Pros

Free drinks when working

Cons

inconsistent manager expectations

Toxic place

It wasn't not an enjoyable working experience over the 5 years I spent there. As a general manager I made just over 17 dollars an hour and had zero work life balance.

Stressful

Speaking your mind, or asking questions that would not be included their manual is frowned upon. Very cookie cutter in the way things are done, and they have no patience for employees that ask “the why” behind why we do things a certain way. The pay was good for store managers, but I would probably not go back to work for them.

Pros

Pay, bonuses, stock, free coffee.

Cons

You MUST be a robot or you will not succeed at Starbucks.

Good for students

I liked having health insurance. Coffee Mark out was great. I left because I graduated and got work in my field. Learned invaluable coffee skills. I still go there.

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

Long shifts

Great Job Culture but Poor Management Selection

Work culture is great, it does create a fun and engaging environment. If you can get along with everyone on the team, it’s fun to go to work. However, management needs much more work. When there is bad management or even employees in general, it’s so hard to just have them be evaluated and reconsidered for the job when they’re obviously bringing down the team. Sometimes it’s hard to give feedback and see feedbacks actually being taken into consideration. Follow ups are not often done. It doesn’t actually feel like they take care of their employees really well. The benefits are definitely a plus. But, the salary for almost all of the positions is honestly low for a lowkey demanding job. You’re expected to go above and beyond for better customer experience and there is often more unspoken hard work that goes into having a functional and engaging team.

Pros

health/dental/school benefits, free beverages during shifts, 30% discount on all items, flexible schedules

Cons

demanding job, low salary

I loved working for starbucks

Starbucks was a place to be myself. Everyone was so kind and it was so fast paced that you forget about your problems in your personal life and you just have fun. You really get attached to your co workers and customers.

Pros

Scholarship opportunities, advancement, free drinks and discounts, benefits are amazing

Cons

Shift work, working weekends and the wage

Good temporary work

Overall the team was good to work with, however cliques were there and it was hard to feel accepted and part of a community in the group. The learning curve can be a lot if you're at a fast-paced location, but I was lucky to be at a newer location that wasn't so speedy.

Pros

good pay, understanding management, flexible schedule

Cons

learning curve, cliques

Good place if you're young and hardworking

I was surprised at the amount of cleaning required - very physical. Also, you're are assigned to a role and you can't step out of it (say you're on coffee and the till is backed up - can't jump in to help - a bit odd when someone's overloaded and someone else is available to help). Too many drink recipes to learn (almost impossible if you're an older adult).

Pros

Nice people to work with and serve

Cons

Exhausting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

18.9K