Starbucks

Canada4,743 reviews

Found 4,743 reviews matching the searchSee all 57,079 reviews
drinkcoffeebaristabaristaspartnerbeveragefreecustomer

Good for advancement

Lots of advancement opportunities and great work-life balance for baristas.Good job for students or people looking for full time work.You must be okay with m as making costumer connections as this is the most important thing to the company

Pros

Benefits. Free drinks before and after work and on breaks. Free pound of coffee every week

Cons

Customers are entitled

fun as long as you have a good team!

It varies from store to store but having a good manager and co-workers can make it a really fun job. It is definitely fast-paced but it makes the time go by fast.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

not great tips

Insights into Starbucks

• Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Fast paced

Enjoyed my time working there. Good scheduling and team. The leaders were nice and considerate and they hired capable individuals. They are pretty flexible when it comes to availability.

Pros

Employee Discounts

Cons

Can get very busy at times

Fun

busy, fun, collaboration, Learned problem-solving skills, Busy especially during the business daycoffee brewing, store maintenance, engage with different costmersprovide excellently coffee Starbucks experience

Pros

free coffee

Cons

wired costomer

really fun for a part time job

once you get used to the environment it gets really easy and fun. i only work part time and there is a rush once in a while but since u work at evenings it isn’t not as bad as the morning rush

Fun place to work but each store has a different culture

Starbucks overall is a great place to work. I would strongly recommend before applying to go in and order something and sit down and see if the particular stores atmosphere fits you as I've worked at many different locations each store has a different culture though the quality standards should be the same across the board. Be yourself and understand if you allow yourself to be outgoing and open. Starbucks will bring out the best in you.

Pros

Benefits, Tution reimbursement.

Cons

Long hours, fast paced environment and customers can be atrocious

Awesome

Made coffee for wonderful costumers under even more wonderful management. Would recommend anyone to work here, as you gain new skills and knowledge everyday.

A lot of internal problems

The job is okay. A lot is expected of you. If a problem arises higher management (above store manager) do not seem to care or fix the problems which leads to a stressed out manager and workers below them. A lot of issues went on with some people at work and our complaints seemed to go in one ear out the other which resulted in good workers leaving due to frustration.

High school drama in the workplace

Terrible. Worked there for three years and it was a complete waste of time and terrible for my mental health. I think they have changed now but it was terrible back in my day.

Fun place to work, bad company

I loved my time at Starbucks personally, just hate the morals and ethics of the company itself. They give opportunities to advance if that is your thing but it was also a job where I felt quite incompetent at times because I was slower.

Pros

Free drinks on shift, great benefits, ability to advance

Cons

Long shifts, customers

Job was is hard

Job is hard and sometimes can be stressful but the management and the co worker are all so kind and respectful. Cons is that sometimes you're working alone, as in all by yourself. That's stressful specially when it's busy

Can be stressful, but always fun

Customers in Starbuck's, more times than not, know what they want. The stress is that everyone comes to Starbuck's. Most of the time, work is busy. I see that as a good thing, since time passes by pretty quickly.Your co-workers are always a fun bunch! You're probably mostly around the same age (HS seniors, or post-secondary students), so it's easy to get along with your peers.

Pros

Discounts on drinks food and merchandise, Work is fun most of the time, Flexible hours

Cons

Sometimes managers are only focused on the numbers, Customers can be rude sometimes, Early morning opening shifts when the sun isn't up yet

great co-workers

I worked here as a teen. I met a lot of great people and the overall job was not that difficult, its the dealing with customers in the citys busiest mall that is hard to deal with. I would recommend it to anyone who is a teenager.

Pros

free drinks

Cons

smelly co-workers

Fun place to work

1) Team work is very important 2) Quite a lot of new partners will complaint about being a CS, they always want to jump on Bar, please remember, if you did not do well on CS, you cannot run the store.3) Let all your customers feels welcome and they are "home".

Pros

great benefits, great partners, fun

Cons

Tired

Don't do it

Starbucks expects way too much from their employees from their employees and pays about $0.20 over minimum wage to say they pay above minimum. It really isn't worth the stress you will go through, and I have worked at three separate locations but all had the exact same issues

Pros

Free drinks on shift

Cons

Great place to work at for students and young adults

i think it all depends on the management but I got very lucky and had a great manager who was always very supporting and understanding. Great place to work at for students and young adults :) made many friends there

Pros

free coffee

Cons

clients

this job opened more doors for me than my college degree

great place to be if you want to strengthen your customer service skills and if you want to grow into a management position; career ladder is very clear, transparent and achievable. as long as you can work minimum required hours, can be combined with any other full time commitment. great benefits for part time workers. other companies will value all your experience as starbucks is known for a very high standard customer service.

Pros

free products, tips, very valued experience, clear growth opportunities, inclusive environment

Cons

extremely fast paced, management can be very out of touch with reality

Great start for skill-building

Great place to learn important skills like how to multitask in a fast-paced, high stress environment and how to handle difficult customers. Days went by quick because of how fast the work was. You could get decent benefits while only working 20 hours part-time. The gossip was too much and the reason I wouldn't go back but it may be different depending on the store.

Pros

Fast-paced, benefits

Cons

Gossip, on your feet all the time

Decent workplace

I never had an issue working here. Great benefits for sure. The pay is meh but it’s a corporate fast food spot so not much to be expected. It is highly stressful however. And the managers often do close to nothing and put all the work on the team leads but get paid salary.

Pros

Free drinks and benefits

Cons

Low pay

Fast paced lovely community environment

The work is a lot to learn at first, and you need to make sure you dedicate yourself to learning or else you can fall behind, and when that happens, it inevitably means something that needs to get done isn't getting done.

Pros

Free drink on shift, good work culture

Cons

Steep learning curve

Super fun place to work

Loved working here, made lifelong friends :)Great training program, loved the discounts, great management team, and loved that the hours worked around my school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement