Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 3,992 reviews matching the search
it was fast paced and stressful but you’re well supported and the management is so understanding and welcoming. good place if you like moving around a lot and staying on your feet
Pros
benefits, pay.
Cons
tiring, customers
I'd like to work here as a teen to make more money this year to help kids and older people living in poverty people started to help me by aplying an online job
23 November 2020
Thank you for taking time to write a review on your experience at Starbucks Canada. We care for each and every partner deeply and we are listening to your feedback. At Starbucks, we strive to create a positive experience for all partners (employees). If you do have any questions or concerns, please connect with your manager, keep up the amazing work!
I really enjoyed the free drinks and my partners I would work with on a daily basis. My manager was awesome with time off requests for all partners. However, they and other supervisors gave me no support whatsoever. Manager has no control over any of their staffers. There was blatant disrespect and bullying every day, between manager, supervisor and staffers. Manager was well aware of issues and let them continue. I told my District Manager about what was happening in our store and they did absolutely nothing.
Pros
Free drinks before, after, and all breaks.
Cons
No support whatsoever.
Working opening shifts at 5am was not the best, but having the ability to change my schedule according to my university classes was great. Loved the team I worked with.
16 November 2020
Thank you for taking time to write a review on your experience at Starbucks Canada. We are so thrilled to see that you had a great time working here. At Starbucks, we strive to create a positive experience for all partners (employees). We hope to see you in stores again soon.
My experience training in Ottawa was amazing. Then when we got to petawawa, it was a shhh show!! No support from upper management when it came to store issues. DM was not a Leader!
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Upper management
Working at Starbucks was one of the best job that i ever loved but the issue is your entire management and co worker who make you feel left out at some point of your life.Not everyone is same kind. I had a great manager and few co-workers were good but again the inner politics are not great enough ..So ,i would only recommend this job if you can deal with discrimination .
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Discrimination by upper management
Loved it!! I learned plenty working at Starbucks as a high school student. I had many benefits which I used for dental purposes and many other .orr. great!!
The company is great because you get benefits but if you have a bad manager like it was the case for me it's horrible. It took them 2 years to finally fire her, which was unfortunate because so many great employees left because of her. It's a fast paced job, requires memorization but when you have a great team (other than the manager situation) you will love it. Great first job and lots of opportunities to advance in the company.
Pros
benefits, free drinks and coffee
Cons
can be very hectic
20 November 2020
Worked for a year at Starbucks, the culture was consistently disorderly. Supervisors never on the same page. Manager chooses favourites and befriends those she feels she gets along with, doesn’t attempt to connect with her entire staff. Very selective. Many days felt like a high school atmosphere. Was consistently told that women wouldn’t get to move forward in the business bc that’s how it went... overall lack of: professionalism, tact and leadership skills= High turnover, low trust/confidence in team.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Long hours, low wages considering service expectation, inexperienced leadership that favours selectively
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
If you are disabled in anyway avoid working for Starbucks, the company doesn’t appreciate disabled workers of any kind. HOWEVER, it was a very fun job especially if you like to learn new things all the time, almost never boring, had a fantastic work “family”. Very sad I had to leave.
Pros
Free drinks on shift
Cons
Extremely fast paced, stressful, not hearing impaired friendly
Fast paced , never a dull moment , a place where creativity and high energy is accepted . I really enjoyed working there because I like to keep busy and make people happy there you can do both !
If you're a people person this is a good job. I loved every part of the job except the constant customer interaction, but I'm an introvert. Coworkers had a tight bond, and the work had awesome perks.
Pros
Free Coffee, Free Food, discounts
Cons
Customers
23 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback while working at Starbucks Canada. We are listening, and your feedback is invaluable. At Starbucks, we strive to create a positive experience for all partners (employees). We hope to see you in stores again soon.
Starbucks gets a 2 star rating for the few DM's who created a warm, supportive, welcoming environment. Although the job can be very challenging with high expectations, it can be the most valuable rewarding experience of your life. It's a job for those who love connecting with people and who love developing people in a complex environment. With that being said, corporate manager will make or break your experience. High turnover within corporate, sometimes driven by promotions, means a constant change in corporate leadership. More often than not, corporate managers stray from the culture, values and mission statement of Starbucks which leads to a horrible experience. It's a luck of the draw on whether you'll experience leadership or management. I gave a 2 start rating.due to personal experiences with corporate that lacked inspiration and support.
Pros
Growth, dvelopment, customers, perks
Cons
Corporate people who manage instead of lead.
26 October 2020
I LOVED working there. I had a great relationship with my managers and co workers. The shifts vary greatly for availability, but if youre okay with that type of work then its good. Benefits are good, they treat their employees well. Would definitely consider returning.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
early mornings, non consistent schedules
There are opportunities for advancement and lots to learn here. Of course, you're being paid a poverty wage but that is offset by benefits and flexible hours. The workplace is incredibly diverse and welcoming to people from all walks of life. Some shifts are stressful but that can be said about working anywhere.
26 October 2020
i dont understand companies who hire and protect bullies. manager was one of the worst people I've ever met. when I told her I as quitting because I needed to care for aging parents while also attending university, she told me she wouldn't hold it against me that I was quitting!
Management turnover is ridiculous. The company goals changed half way through my time working there. The environment went from people enjoying their jobs to constantly stressing about when your next write-up would be. HR is not your friend for complaints about your manager nor will your district manager help. If you find a store with a great manager who will support you then I say go for it - but it’s few and far between. They lost me as an employee as well as a customer.
Benefits
Cons
Management environment
26 October 2020
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback while working at Starbucks Canada. We are disappointed you had a negative experience. We are listening, and your feedback is invaluable.At Starbucks, we strive to create a positive experience for all partners (employees). Our leaders at Starbucks care deeply and take this information very seriously. We have captured your comments and will share your feedback with the leadership team in your area to prevent this from occurring in the future. All the best with your next role, and we hope to see you again in our stores.
I mean. If you miss highschool it's a great place. Expect to have your hours cut for no reason and to be understaffed majority of the time. Nothing but petty drama and rumours. If you're not super attractive or a pushover you'll be bullied and treated horribly. Dont have any mental illness issues either, you'll get in trouble for it.
Pros
Free drinks on breaks
Cons
Terrible management, highschool drama. Low pay.
Starbucks really tries as a company. They do care about their employees and as an employee you receive lots of benefits. don't remain at minimum wage for long. automatic raises twice a year, tips, a weekly markout (pound of coffee), plus lots of room for advancement. Its a job where a lot is always expected of you and always feel like falling just a little short because there is so many high expectations. been with Starbucks for the better half of a decade and have to be aware that things are always changing. managers are either great or awful, really just luck of the draw.
Pros
markouts, free coffee, medical and dental
Cons
expectations, shift work, coworkers
13 October 2020
fast phased, very tiring and pressured in greeting customers, however benefits are really good and the company supports your needs. Sometimes its fun to work esp if its busy time
Pros
benefits, free drinks
Cons
physically tiring
30 October 2020
Starbucks as a company is amazing. They really care about you person.Lots of great benefits. It’s a fast pace work Firemans. The best thing is you get free coffee :-)