Starbucks Employee Reviews

Great Experience in a Warm Environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience working as a barista at Starbucks. It taught me new skills, such as the ability to make craft beverages, which as served as an asset to my future employment endeavours.

The overall atmosphere and environment was warm and welcoming, and the was great communication between team members.
Pros
New skills
Cons
Early hours (5am)
Friendly staff and great company
Barista (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON18 April 2018
There's always something to do, the work days can be long but the partners are usually quite kind and easy to work with. Management was always professional and accommodating.
Pros
friendly work environment, room to succeed
Daily Challenges
BARISTA/SHIFT SUPEROVISER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 April 2018
I love when i arrive to work and the general playbook is every changing with the day , weather , cliental , and avilability of Products, it motivates you to keep striving to accomodate and work withing the means and continure to implement your skills and work duties to manage and keep things running effectivly. I started 5 years ago as a strong certified Barista, and within the last year have worked as a shift supervisor to gain the expereince to work for a company or managment team.
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
difficult to advance and move up when so many young Students looking for work
Good Job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 April 2018
Good Job, excess amounts of coffee, staff discounts, and major benefits for all employees. The rush isn't for everyone as it tends to get insanely busy during cold beverage promotions in summer.
Great staff Pleasent workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON16 April 2018
Very friendly and welcoming work environment. Co-workers and supervisors were always kind and supportive, Great team environment for a student or someone looking to be a part of a team
Company is amazing. Management sucks
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
The management changed about 3 times since I got transferred over a year ago. The management gives out a favouritism to certain parties that gives her personal stuff that she will benefit from all. keeps hiring people but provides less minimum hours to those people who need hours. The company is amazing at the benefits for their employees but the management uses her power so much.
Pros
30% off for partners
Cons
management
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
Its a really great place to work! The customers are not always nice so it is important to have patience and be kind. A Starbucks employee must be dedicated and willing to work hard!
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Early Morning
Productive and fun place for either career or part-time employment
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON15 April 2018
The people were amazing. Management weren't qualified to work in Starbucks due to not having any previous experience in the field. Overall, I'm happy to have had such a fulfilling time with the company.
A day at work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Bay & Grosvenor15 April 2018
Everyday is a new day! I got to learn new things and meet new customers. Everyone always helped one another and made me feel confident about myself. Hardest part of the job was when I was learning how to make the drinks and figure out the names of the food. I enjoyed eating and drinking
Amazing Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 April 2018
The staff are amazing, the managers are so flexible so amazing. They really take mental health seriously, everyone is empowered and everyone is wanted.
fun, caring, inviting enviorinment
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 April 2018
It was like a big family to work with. I was able to make connections with both the customers as well as my co-workers. It made the work easy and fun.
Fun workplace environment, with many nice coworkers
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2018
I learned how to make many different drinks, both hot and cold, and seasonal. I also learned how to be a cashier and how to use a cash register, and how to handle money when a customer handed it to me.
Pros
Free drinks, discounts on food
Excellent place to start working
Barista (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB13 April 2018
It was a great experience and honor to work at such a place like Starbucks. The staff and managers taught me lots of skills to start my work life. I would recommend anyone to apply and start working here to begin their work.
Great benefits but high turnover rate
Barista (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC13 April 2018
Benefits are great, but still only get paid minimum wage, even when there for over two years only a few cents over. Been through three store managers since store opened in 2016, bad partner morale as a result
Great Enviroment
Store Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada12 April 2018
Great environment to learn and grow. great atmosphere among emplyees, flexible hours great with great benefits . great leader ship team, in stores, district and corprate
Great company - bad location/manager
Barista (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 April 2018
I loved working for this company. My particular location had some weird vibes however. The manager was great in most aspects, just that she really frowned upon calling in sick which lead to a very unhealthy environment, with many baristas vomiting in the backroom when they were told they had to work their shift despite being ill.
Pros
Free drinks - any size!!
Cons
Bad manager
Fun and Fast-Paced Work Environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver11 April 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with colleagues and customers. A typical day at work can range from constantly busy to having some quiet moments in the store. Hardest part of the job would be handling unreasonable customers. Starbucks has good benefits for their staff. Managers tend to try to follow the availability you provide them with to ensure work/life balance.
Pros
Free drinks during shift
Cons
No fixed hours
productive place
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 April 2018
In terms of retail / barista /cashier / customer service Starbucks is good for a temporary job, nice for students or for part-time work, if you need it.
Good overall experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2018
It was a great place to work while in University. The hours were flexible to fit around my schedule. I thoroughly enjoyed working in a high speed environment with a great staff.
Fun first job, great place to start
Barista (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC10 April 2018
Experience depends on your coworkers and employer, my coworkers were great and I had such a fun time! Starbucks overall was a great place to work as a first job, their training program is very extensive and teaches everything you need to know about the drink menu. I learned a lot about customizations, and really listening to the customers preferences to make suggestions about drinks they would like, Starbucks is all about making the customer happy. Pay is terrible, basically no raises even if you are a star employee. So... a great place to start, learn about coffee and gain experience, not a place to end up.
Pros
Free drinks, discounts
Cons
stressful during rush

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

59.1K