Starbucks

• Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Barista

Working there was fine, fast and a lot to learn at the beginning but it’ll work out. you need to learn how to move fast especially in a drive thru store but that always takes time

Pros

free shift drinks

Productive and fun workplace

It is a demanding job and sometimes a bit stressful due to the number of customers. But gets along perfectly with a good team. You learn a lot about the different areas that surround it, and it is a good place to grow within the company, since it provides many facilities to promote. They value effort, attitude and a job well done.

Collaborative workplace

Co workers were the only thing that made me stick around for as long as I did, pay and benefits were barely enough for a teenager at the time, management was fair but upper management would constantly cut hours to save on operating costs.

Pros

Free Starbucks drinks

Cons

Low wages

Very organized company

The company offer many things in terms of a major company.The team culture is great and also you are provided decent health benefit from company.Highly recommended

It is a fun workplace, the job itself is not hard at all.

Fast-paced and very busy. But the time goes by fast while working and it's fun to come up with new drinks. Free drinks before your shift, during your breaks and after your shift. 30% off of food while working and overall 30% on food and drinks when you are not working

Pros

free drinks

Cons

very busy, customers can be difficult at times

If you like feeling valued and respected don't apply here.

If you have a good team and good regulars you'll have a good day to day however the company lets customers walk all over you, and generally have no regard for your well being.

Pros

good discounts benefits are second to none

Cons

consistently understaffed company wide lack of respect from corporate

They don’t care for loyalty

Gender pay gap still exists here unfortunately. The upper management is never held accountable making it pretty miserable if your manager is breaking the rules or not preforming all their duties. Company doesn’t to anything to show/make you feel appreciated or valued. You have to barter with management for time off. You are expected to work the weekends unless you’re a favourite staff member. You will also be bombarded by management and staff trying to get shifts covered on your time off. Understaffed, and super busy so you will feel overwhelmed almost all the time, expectations are way to high for the level of staffing they think is acceptable. Customers are rewarded for treating staff horribly with free drinks only encouraging the abusive behaviour to continue on. Overall, not worth the free drinks.

Pros

Free drinks, 30% discount, free bags of coffee each week, vacation pay

Cons

Weird hours, no work life balance, understaffed, pay, management

The store and team around you will determine if you want to stay with Starbucks or not

- Non-stop busy especially during the holidays- Short staff at times and management do not care to add hours and does not get why customers complain why their service is slow- Can be fun depending on management team- Great benefits, discounts, and pay for experienced partners- Will be stressful and depressing at times

Pros

- Many free drinks - Benefits and pay - Meet great partners and customers

Cons

- Staff shortage - Management - Strict for no reason, ruins the partner and customer experience

Was a great company in the beginning

When I first started at the company, it was very family/friendly work environment, then when the company got a lot bigger, it became all about the numbers and bottom line, there was no sense that the higher ups care about you anymore. Also customers use to be good, but with the "customer is always right" motif, they created their own entitled customers/problems.

Pros

Great as a first job. Benefits as a part-timer.

Cons

Higher ups do not care about you. Low salary/wage expectation. Understaffed. Entitled customers

Decent for Part-time, but not for long term

It wasn't bad for a part-time minimum wage job, can be high stress dealing with customers. Depends on your manager, my first few managers were amazing, but we went without a manager for a while.

good place to work higher up management can be very controlling

overall a good place to work besides the higher up management being so controlling, nice people to work with. customers were usually always nice and would et tips sometimes

A good job to have through college and high school

Ive worked at starbucks 9 years, its a really good part time job for me as i work through my apprenticeship at my other job.The management always works with me to get my hours in how id like them. It can deffintly be demanding, but its good fundamentals if you’re young on how to work productively and to troubleshoot problems quickly. It can be a lot of fun to work here. And you get stocks and over 18hrs a work week you also get benifits, its pretty incredible.

Pros

Fun work environment. Meet a lot of people. Good pay

Cons

Mentally demandib

Great employees and very useful skills can be learned from this environment such as multitasking

Good work environment. Management could use some help, just seemed to rotate to often which would always cause some issues every few months. Lots of rushes and mobile orders etc. to keep you busy throughout the entire shift.

Pros

great team atmosphere. excellent coffee and good for students.

Cons

rude customers, management that doesn't do much about it (i.e. stand up for employees.)

Fast paced and complicated/frustrating work environment.

Free coffee is great but wouldn't recommend if you value your mental health. Don't bother applying if you aren't willing to give the company free range of your time.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Draining, huge schedule commitments

Fast paced workplace with good benefits

Very fast paced environment. The benefits for this job are quite good, so definitely worth considering. Customer service is always a bit exhausting, but its manageable as long as your coworkers have your back.

At the end of the day, it’s a corporation, but it’s still a very good job,

I love the customer service aspect of it, and the company offers many perks (paying for school, stocks, insurance) but it’s a very fast paced environment with many stress factors but whose focus is profit driven.

Fast paced and stressful. Always busy

The experience was good but the schedule is limited. They cannot offer you too many hours. I think sometimes you get paid a little unfair for the amount of work you do because your understaffed.

Pros

Free coffee, great people

Cons

Rude costumers and really stressful sometimes

Fast-paced work environment, Never a dull moment! Fun and enjoyable to learn making drinks and be a certified Starbucks Barista! Free drinks before shift, during break, and after shifts!

Pros

Free drinks before shift, during break, and after shifts!

Cons

Fast-paced, high traffic, busy environment

a good place to work

Partners at my store were nice & helpfula typical day at work - busywhat you learned - customer service skillsmanagement - was good at my storeworkplace culture - goodthe hardest part of the job - fast paced environmentthe most enjoyable part of the job - making fraps

days go by fast

Great place when I first started, manager and shift supervisors were super supportive and we had a huge crew so nobody was ever stressed about time off/getting shifts covered. Moved to another location and had the worst time of my life. Manager was horrible, always short staffed. We had a few lifers who just made everyone's lives miserable. District manager never listened to anyone's complaints about nightmarish store manager.

Pros

free drinks, discounts, always tasks to do, structured breaks.

Cons

Bad management, stressful if you're a supervisor, repetitive

sooo good and everyone is so nice.

I really love this amazing company because everyone at starbucks is so friendly and helpful. I think it is impossible to find a better organization in the retail industry better than stARBUCKS.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

19K