Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 2,393 reviews matching the search See all 29,060 reviews
Alright first-time job
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 December 2018
It was ok for a first-time job, I enjoyed the culture and atmosphere of working at Starbucks. However, I'd say that the hours were never fixated and were definitely always going to change. I did not like how I was asked to come in on my days off. Very, very stressful work environment. Many customers were rude but some were nice. Some colleagues were bullying me but some were kind to me. Never got full proper training.
Pros
Discounted food/drinks
Cons
Unsteady hours, extremely stressful environment
Great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC11 December 2018
Starbucks was a great company to work for. Great benefits and they really take care of the employees. The company helped me meet many people. I have made life long friends
Great place to work overall.
Shift Supervisor & Certified Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2018
Very positive, memorable experience. Flexible scheduling, decent managers, but pay is low for all positions (barista-manager) in relation to workload.
Pros
Proper breaks and rest times, paid lawfully (no scamming)
Cons
Pay is very low in relation to work load and can sometimes be a stressful environment.
Cafe Cafe Cafe
Barista and Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC9 December 2018
J'ai tellement appris sur le café !
J'ai quand même aime mon expérience mais la façon donc l'endroit peu être géré ça pourrait être meilleure
Pros
assurance
Cons
salaire
Fun place to work.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, Quebec, CA9 December 2018
Good day at work.
I've learn my passion to make coffee there. In general its really good. The most enjoyable part of the job its to handout the coffee and see the smile on every customers face.
great company/ not enough hours
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 December 2018
loved working for starbucks. they were unable to give me enough hours. great people customers can be hard to deal with sometimes. free staff beverages are a lovely perk.
Great part-time job with perks
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 December 2018
Typical day includes meeting lots of new and daily customers, making drinks, re-filling stations, cleaning

Able to talk to customers and co-workers
Pros
Benefits include free drinks, stocks that are redeemable after 2 years with the company
Cons
Standing on your feet all day, dealing with unpredictable customers, fast-pace not for all people
Productive and Fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 December 2018
Pros:
* Flexible Hours
* Good Environment to work
* Good Benefits
* Easy repetitive job
* Always have a room for development
* Free drinks!
* Discounts on Starbucks even if youre not woking!
* Free Coffee Beans! YASSSS!

Cons:
* Sometimes bad management, didn't felt appreciated sometimes
* Minimum wage until advancement
* Labor job, being a bartender is NOT JUST being a bartender.
fun work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 December 2018
starbucks is a great work environment with numerous benefits. Everyday is a fun day a work. majority of managers are very accommodating and work with your scheduling needs.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
free drinks end up on the hips
starbucks
Part-time Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2018
everyone is friendly and you lean a lot of new skills and a lot of experience with costumers. improves your time efficiency and makes you improve in memorization because you have to remember drinks. the best part of the job is that you get free coffee!!!!
Pros
free drinks and the benefits
Cons
not enough hours
Starbucks is an amazing place to work.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 December 2018
Starbucks, through my time with them was an absolutely amazing place to work. Between the amazing staff I worked with and the huge amount of benefits Starbucks provided, it truly was an amazing Workplace.

Starbucks taught me many skills through my time with them, and also allowed me to improve my skills that I already had. They taught me organization tricks, food safety - and they helped me become a much stronger employee because of it.

My management at Starbucks was perhaps the best I have. My manager had found the perfect balance of listening to employees for advise and their opinions to problem solve - and coming up with their own ideas.

My workplace was always positive and I was always excited to start a shift their. Everyone on our team worked together well and would use each others strengths to get through the day.

The hardest part of the job, by far was the fast pace. Over time any employee though would find a rhythm and become a great barista. The supervisors also always insured that everyone felt comfortable doing their job so we could be as fast as possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was Starbucks desire to connect with people. They really encouraged us to reach out and make a truly amazing experience with this customer.
Pros
Great Benefits, Friendly Staff, Free Drinks
garb
Barista (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2018
inhumane company, wild customers, physically and mentally taxing. little pay. not flexible. everyone who works at Starbucks develops a a very apathetic attitude towards life and has a hard time getting out of the environment due to an unbelievable work load expectations.
Pros
free coffee, if you like coffee
Cons
no overtime pay
Overall not a bad job while attending school
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 December 2018
Starbucks has flexible hours as to make life easier on students and/or part timers. Benefits were good but was unaware of how to obtain them as manager at the time was not forthcoming with information.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
management
Fast-paced fun environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2018
Depending on the store you work at, it can be a very busy place to work. I have always had a good relationship with my coworkers and overall it is a very fun place to work. Management varies in quality depending on the store. I have had some great managers and some very poor ones as well. Very flexible schedule so if you need specific hours to work around school or a second job it's perfect.
Exciting and engaging work environment
Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2018
Starbucks is a fast-paced work environment that puts emphasis on customer connection and building relationships through meaningful interaction. It does become challenging to speak to everyone and engaging in conversations when it gets busy, but you learn to multitask and develop great people skills. The team you work with plays a crucial role in defining your day. I personally had an amazing team. Training other baristas was difficult because there is a shortage of training hours and our need to be involved in business operations during these hours.
Fast paced
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC3 December 2018
The work is fast paced depending where you work, so it's never really a dull moment especially with a dynamic team. The benefits are good, but the pay we get for making all those drinks + weekly tips feels underwhelming for a job like this.
awesome workplace
Barista / Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON3 December 2018
I had an amazing time working at Starbucks, it had a great atmosphere and everyone was kind and outgoing. I found it really easy to learn new things with help from my trainer et..
Pros
free drinks
Cons
nothing
Worst job ever.
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 December 2018
Worst job ever. Managers and some of the long time working employees that are in power are rude and racist. So suffocating job that you have to ask them even before breathing.
In principle a great company,great benefits. Well structure on-boarding and orientation.
Part-time Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2018
Given my limited experience as part-time worker, majority of the co-workers were very welcoming and patient teaching a newbie like me but as in any organization, there will always be that one exception/person who probably have been on the job too long and lacks the motivation and feels the need to assert her seniority in the position. Can be overwhelming to learn everything in the beginning. The hardest part of the job - the usual challenge of a new employee trying to learn fast, fit in and belong. Most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with customers.
Great company!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2018
I enjoy working in Starbucks and dealing with a lot of people who come to the store. Starbucks has an excellent training for all employees in order to give excellent customer service. Co-workers are like an extended family. Hardest part is just in the beginning when you have to learn the different products and coffee flavours, but once you get used to it, it's really so easy to suggest these items to your customers, which I find the most enjoyable part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

511.8K