Starbucks
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Canada3,820 reviews
Found 3,820 reviews matching the search
Productive, engaging and collaborative workplace
- Friendly environment with a fun and collaborative workspace
- Challenging tasks and fast-paced environment that improves your sales communication and relationship management
Pros
Interpersonal Communication
Cons
No support. Micro managed.
You have no life working for this company. The most degrading experience no positive support from district manager you can’t keep staff wage does not support what you have to go through
Past paced and rewarding environment.
A typical day starts with a cup of fresh coffee, and ramps up to interacting with hundreds of customers. You quickly build relationships with regular customers and have time to perfect your drink making skills.

Always a great team setting, even on the busiest days when one of the machines is down, or the milk is running dangerously low, everyone pulls together to make it work and have a laugh in the process.

I have worked for seven (!!) different manager in my time there and can say they all truly cared about the success of the store and the well-being of their employees.
It's a good job to have
no matter what people might say, working at starbucks is good. benefits are great, the environment is normally great as well. pay is pretty low but they make up for it in benefits and making you feel that they care.
Great part-time job. Low pay. Flexible hours. Easy work. Fast paced.
Management was super nice. Very fast paced, I worked a food court kiosk. Breaks are split into 3. 15 mins, 15 mins, then 30 mins. Lots of customer service experience here. Very good experience to have on your resume.
Wonderful Atmosphere, Fantastic Workplace
Loved Starbucks, left due to the opportunity to follow my dreams. Would highly recommend this employer to all individuals that are fresh out of high school or are simply looking for an opportunity to supplement their income in a flexible manner.
Great part time work for students
great part time or full time work, ability to advance, great working environment.

Great flexibility and lots of training opportunities, highly recommend
Great job
If you love customer service jobs then being a barista is the job for you. Working here helped my work experience grow. I learned a lot of new things that I will keep with me for future jobs.
Super fun place to work
Great place to further your skills and meet great people. Management is amazing and the overall culture is super exciting and relaxing. Love building relationships with customers and coworkers.
Lively workplace atmosphere, with a diverse group of co-workers.
I loved my time working at Starbucks and would have happily continued my job there had I not been given a once in a lifetime visa for New Zealand. All of my co-workers were very warm and energetic, and so hard working. Everyone had their own lifestyles and hobbies outside of work but all got along really well, it felt like a family.
Might be good for some people, but not for me
If you are an extrovert and don't mind getting micromanaged by a supervisor with a big ego, then this is a great job. Was not for me at all. It did, however, make me more social which I am thankful for.
Excellent experience
You learn how to work in team, leadership, to deliver orders on time, how to interact with costumers, manage your own time, value of time, to study your products to give an excellent service, and others.
Good for students or as a second job
fast paced environment but very easy to learn. Management was good at my store but it varies from cafe to cafe. Starbucks is a great start for learning how to work in customer service.
beau avantage sociaux
Tres belle emploie cependant la mission de starbuck est de moins en moins respecter
Productive and fun work environment
I have worked at Starbucks on and off for a couple of years and I always enjoy the fast-paced environment. The employers and coworkers are always great company and make the job more enjoyable.
fast paced customer service environment
Overall an alright place to work part time through school. The success of the workplace was very dependant on the management team. Having bad management made the workplace unbearable and decreased the productivity.
Hit or Miss depends on which store you work at
Overall Starbucks has very strict universal standards, but each store dynamic is very different. It is a fast paced environment but strives to nurture each employee.
As a supervisor you will place orders, deploy the floor following structure, lead clean play nights, do inventory counts, and coach ur team.
Very positive workplace supportive of development
Starbucks has a seamless communication structure that allows for fast and efficient information distribution to all partners at their appropriate levels. The training and mentorship that you will receive during your onboarding and throughout your career is second to none.
Of course, the human aspect of the job pre determines conflict however the conflict resolution training and the companies dedication to their safe space policy truly does allow for a very cohesive and harmonious workplace.
Fun workplace
Fun workplace, everybody got along well. Its a great place to work if you are passionate about coffee.The work environment is very social and relaxed.
Great benefits for part-timers
For part-time work I would highly recommend working here. Especially single parents as there are so many benefits to being an employee. They treat their workers fair. HOWEVER, if you have a invisible disability - make sure you meet several different location managers before making a decision. Some are great with supporting your needs and others are very insensitive. Altogether it’s a great place to LEARN. Their environmental action in stores could be improved with better recycling from employees and more composting.
Flexible and fast paced.
Super team based. Flexible hours. Fast paced work environment. Definitely perfected the art of multitasking and time management during my time here. If customer service comes easy to you, you'll thrive at Starbucks.