Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

Canada4,829 reviews

Found 4,829 reviews matching the searchSee all 57,397 reviews
drinkcoffeebaristabaristaspartnerbeveragefreecustomer

fun workplace environment, very fast-paced, availability is easy to request/change

Overall, I enjoyed my starbucks experience. There were a few bumps in the road, mostly related to management (district) and new hires, but I made lasting friendships and learned valuable job skills. I think this is a good resume builder for someone with little job experience.

Pros

Free drinks before and after shifts, as well as on breaks

Cons

Job is a bit draining for typically introverted people

Funworkplace

I love the staff they all very nice,but lack on training because this store was quute far and they are really bussy especially summer. So the management keep on hiring staff.

Insights into Starbucks

• Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Great Atmosphere

For a part time job it is excellent with lots of employee perks. Hours are flexible and you can float and work at multiple locations for more hours. Great for students.

Pros

Medical and dental

Fun place to work

nice people to work with, and fair employee benefits. However, the workload could be high sometimes, which was a bit underpaid. Good for entry level part time jobs - you will meet a lot of lovely people here.

Fun, always changing environment

Starbucks is a fun and fast paced environment. Flexible hours/ shifts and support from store manager and district manager on advancement and career development.

Pros

Good discount, flexible hours, fun environment

Cons

Rude customers, lots of repetitive motion can damage muscles.

Good first job experience

overall ok the first job can be overwhelming during busy times of the year but overall good experience. Some managers were never there so didn't get a sense of having a strong leader but the shift leaders were often better. But still some were overall too strict about a colour of shirt (dress code).

Lots of physical labour for the pay

Fun to make different drinks and work with other fun individuals. Company cuts labour but still expects constant customer connections. Unrealistic expectations for performance. Benefits are good if you are eligible, but it is difficult to maintain a certain amount of hours with changing demands.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

On feet for long hours

Highly rewarding, but fast paced and a workout.

Overall, I loved my time at Starbucks. I always felt supported in my goals by management, encouraged to set goals and grow, and became part of my community. This job pays above the industry average and has excellent benefits and flexible hours. It can get very stressful sometimes, and your experience highly depends on your store culture and what you make of it. If you're a people person who enjoys being active, I would highly recommend this job. I wouldn't be the professional I am today without my experience at the bux.

Pros

Excellent benefits, flexible hours

Cons

Very busy, high stress.

salary

they could have done better job managing. Nice place to work with challenges. Workload can be tough to manage sometimes especially during peak times. People are friendly.

Pros

free drinks

Cons

salary

Just a number

As a barista, you are just an interchangeable cog. While I was there for 10 months, they went through 3 managers, and there was only 1 employee still at that location when I finished that was there when I started. The shifts changed dramatically every cycle, hours were inconsistent, and my "availability" (even though it was wide open except for two day-time time-slots a week) was not respected during scheduling. Free drinks were a perk, but nearly every employee got the most caloric drink they could because they couldn't afford food on the wages that were paid and hours that were provided. At one point they ran an unachievable "competition" between stores with $2k incentive for all hourly employees. Only by increasing the store's revenue by 30+% in one month could we win.

Pros

free drinks before your shift, after your shift and at each break

Cons

horribly managed

Awesome place for any age

Great environment to work in, whether you want to climb the ladder quickly, have a part time job alongside your full time job, or need to fund your way through school. Very flexible for schedules. Obviously depends in who your manager is, but my experience has been amazing

Fun

Its more than just a coffee shop, workplace culture is amazing. Starbucks is all about customization. You'll know/feel when a starbucks location have a great management/sm .

Pros

free coffee, great for part time

Cons

not much hours

The best

I loved working at Starbucks no complaints, everyone is in a great mood always

Pros

Free drinks every shift

great benefits

Company provides great benefits for workers, can be slightly toxic at times so finding the right store you fit in well with is key to longevity with the company.

Hero to riches

Such a great place to work always had a great manager who cared a lot about every single person on the team. Everyone was great and pro work to get stuff done

unpleasant working environment and no support from managers

working in this company is terrible! there is absolutely lack of support from supervisors. the working environment is toxic! no flexibility in working hours

Pros

free drinks

Cons

not flexible with the schedule

Love the people and coworkers, but…

management and executives made the environment untenable. Workplace politics, zero support. The benefits are decent if you can put up with the other aspects though.

Starbucks at TRU

horrible, the management is awful and i have been written up for being sick, i feel that i get no respect, i recommend any other starbucks but this one

Cons

everything

Was sad to say goodbye

Although short time there, definitely learned alot about myself and how to be a better manager. Was sadly let go along with hundreds due to covid aftermath. Great training program and the support throughout my whole time was second to none. I hope to go back when and if positions open again.

Pros

Support, pay, benefits and work culture

Exhausting

I know many people who have worked at many startbucks locations, and the theme seems to always be great, friendly, accepting, supportive coworkers, but insanely horrible managers. managers who are made managers to young/too early and power trip HARD. Don’t even bother trying to report something to higher ups because it’s impossible to get their contact info and when you do, they don’t care.

Experience is entirely dependent on local management

I had a few amazing managers that really made my experience fantastic. I love the company, I loved sipping on coffee all day. I loved the customers and my coworkers. A great manager can make your store a fun place to be. A bad one can make it feel like a nightmare.

Pros

- coffee - leftover pastries - vacation days! - advancement opportunities

Cons

Schedule depends on one person, do they like your work ethic? Cuz that usually determines where they'll put you, Some customers are ridiculous. You need a level head and self confidence to deal with them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement