Starbucks Employee Reviews

Great stepping stone
Canada - Store manager/shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montrèal & Edmonton23 February 2018
I worked for startbucks for 5 years in more than 20 stores and in the campacity of shift supervisor up to a store manager.
I really enjoyed the dedication to customer service and to treating people with friendliness and heart. I loved the "families" each stores' team had and how I got to watch many of my coworkers grow as people with the help of those around them.
I admire the level of organization and how the company is always evolving and trying new things. You must be able to embrace change to succeed with Starbucks .
Pros
Great benefits, free drinks, regular breaks, great regular customers, and flexible work hours
Cons
Sometimes stressful, sometimes customers are monsters
Great work environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2018
A typical day at work varied depending on the time of the shift. Morning shifts were busy with customers and evening shifts were typically quieter but involved more cleaning. The store was incredibly well managed and that's what made working at Starbucks so enjoyable. There was an ideal balance between our manager having high expectations and understanding that as students our lives were also extremely busy.
A fun loving and happy place to interact with different people.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 February 2018
Working at Starbucks has been a great experience for me. Being an extrovert person I love meeting new people and through starbucks that has been possible. Every one out there is so supportive and open-minded. My work is basically at the front as a cashier like greeting customer, taking their orders, and serving them coffee.
Pros
Free 3 drinks
Cons
Great place to start as a first job
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC21 February 2018
Starbucks was a great first job to start out at. Enjoyed my time there thoroughly. Would highly recommend working at starbucks because of its atmosphere and staff members.
Good
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2018
I enjoyed working at Starbucks. I am a coffee lover and I learned how to make all my favorite drinks. The pay was good too. I had a good experience working here.
very productive
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 February 2018
it always kept me on my toes and it was never boring with all different types of customers. the day to day routine made it easy for me to come to work and do my job everyday with the same care and satisfaction, day after day.
Very fun place to work!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto21 February 2018
This place was incredibly enjoyable to work at! I learned a lot and met wonderful friends. I felt taken care of by management and never felt taken advantage of.
Fun but gets boring
Barista (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB20 February 2018
I have worked for Starbucks for almost two years, I used to love my job however I was promised things that weren’t followed through on and I also just don’t enjoy going to work anymore.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2018
Starbucks is a great company to work for, they take care of their employees (partners) and there is lots of room to advance your career. That being said you have to put in your time and work hard, nothing comes easy, but there is plenty of room to grow and develop within this company.
Pros
Free Coffee, great benefits
Cons
one of the best places to work, helpful managers, kind customer. and fairly easy and simple work.
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 February 2018
definitely my favorite place to have worked, the managers actually helped workers through the day and even when closing. the workers were very kind and the customers were always respectful.
Pros
free coffees, fun work, meet new people
Fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2018
Friendly coworkers, fun and easy going. I made so many friends working here and still see some regularly. Great place for someone that needs caffeine, haha.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2018
but the customers can be terrible. I like the focus on education, and the flexible hours. The best part of working at starbucks is the endless clients you get to meet and connect with.
Pros
Free drinks, 30% discount, free coffee beans/tea
Cons
Standing up for hours, busy periods.
Was fast paced and very busy, was fun to work at.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK18 February 2018
It was a great place to work at, the co workers were fantastic and the shift were really fun. I enjoyed getting to know people and to help their day a good with a good cup of coffee.
Great company and Values
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2018
I felt this place was great, but not upper management. I felt there was to much stress and every manager I worked for was over worked. They over expect of their managers. Culture was okay, great benefits and work life balance
Pros
Benefits, free coffee, hours
Cons
Can be alot of gossip
Good place to work; decent benefits and hours
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 February 2018
Great work environment with tons of room for improvement. Management varies location to location, but I seemed to get lucky and was always working under wonderful managers.
The benefits are great, hours are flexible, and there's plenty of room for moving up in the company.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Cons
Stressful at peak hours
environnement agréable et productif
Barista (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC15 February 2018
Une journée typique au travail se résume en quatre mots: service à la clientèle. Peu importe les tâches que je devais exécuter, nettoyage, préparer les boissons, etc.., offrir un bon service prenais toujours le dessu.
J'ai beaucoup grandit au niveau professionnel grâce à cett emploi, car il m'a permis d'améliorer certaines mes compétences. J'ai appris à travailler plus efficacement, à rester organiser et à offrir un service à la clientèle hors-pair malgré l'achalandage aux heures de pointes. Le management était exemplaire. J'ai beaucoup appris sur la culture de l'entreprise et l'importance du rôle que joue le marketing pour des grosses entreprises. C'est vraiment grâce à cet emploi que je me suis intéressé à la comptabilité et à la gestion. L'aspect le plus difficile était de garder son calme en tout temps et ne pas se laisser emporter par la vague de stresse que dégage les clients. Tout de même, les clients et les échanges entre ceux-ci et moi-même constitut l'aspect le plus agréable de se poste.
Pros
repas gratuits, efficacité au travail
Cons
Courtes pauses, pas beaucoup d'opportunité de grandir
fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2018
It was a good experience
surviving the customers coffee every morning feels like making their day better and had a nice coworkers and manager but the salarers wasn't good for someone who work so hard for the store and ending up getting a low salaries.
Good First Job Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 February 2018
Fun work environment, specially for young people, a lot of work, fast peace, good benefits, MSP paid, flexible schedule. If you are looking to have a good first experience, this is the place to work for.
Pros
Good benefits, MSP paid, flexible schedule
Cons
Heavy load of work.
Rules
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 February 2018
Long days, cranky people, social therapist not paid like one, deal with over entitled mothers pushing 3 rats around. Coworkers were here and there, decent and meh.
fast paced, friendly and fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 February 2018
Make customer connections, take customers' orders, pay attention to allergies, be welcoming and friendly.
Maintain the cafe, complete trainings, hit sale goals, offer new drinks and foods on the menu.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

58.4K