Star Security & Investigations Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Fun work
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2018
They are good gave a good work no doubt the only thing I don't ike about them is that they give short shifts like five hour shift due to which I have to leave the work otherwise they are the best respectable
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short hours
Event Management
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2018
Excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for experience in dealing with large crowd at events and stadiums. Everyday is a different dynamic of occassion.
Fun work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
Got to work/ see some Really cool events fun working environment! I cannot think of any other security company I would rather work for. Management is always helpful and kind. Thanks Star!
A normal security job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON and Toronto, ON31 October 2017
management was professional, no benefits for part-timers, in the summer star has more events than in the winter, some of the guards don't really care about the job but most of the managers and supervisors do care about the job.
Cons
you pick your shifts
Great and Exciting Events
Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto1 June 2017
Fun place to work with a chance to do exciting security work. Uniforms were affordable and don't over charge you unlike many others. Very flexible with my work schedule as. Great supervisors who make sure you are comfortable with the duties if your just starting out.
Pros
Very Organized
Don't work here!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2017
Worst place to work at. Didn't even give me a washroom nor lunch break. Had to stand for 10 hours and you are not allowed to sit. Look for other security companies!
great learning
Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
working with star is always great. I have learnt a lot from them. they provided me a wealthy experience needed to enhance my skills .talking to people , performing tasks within time and discipline is a part of working with star
Pros
good shifts
Cons
standing shifts
Great Summer Jobs & Security Experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Learned lots and met a lot of people in my field of work. This was on the field work dealing with situations and people. Much better then boring Condos or construction sites. Back to school but plan to return next summer. For all those taken police foundation or law and security this is the company for you.
Pros
Lots of work, Variety type of security work
Crazy events
large events (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2016
I worked at multiple festivals where as i worked as a security in the middle of the event to maintain safety through out the whole event while other times i would have to be at the door where i would be frisking other people of the stop that they shouldnt be bringing into the event
Pros
Great enviornment
Cons
Less hours
It's okay..
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2016
Pay very little for bouncer like environment. Expectations are very high although pay doesn't even come close to matching the effort. Shifts are rarely available and when they are company will continue to call you non stop for you to come and work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2015
This company gave me many life skills and taught me management of my time to put into my work life. Also this company assisted me into creating more opportunity openings for future careers
Pros
Free food
Cons
traveled to ottawa and timmins
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2015
this was the most exciting job I've had because i got to escort celebrities at the much music building, also we got to travel all over Ontario with hotel fees paid
Pros
free lunch, 1 hour break, meeting celebs, decent pay
Cons
long hours up to 17 hours rushed breaks
i worked only for 3 days
security guard (Former Employee) –  toronto25 February 2015
i have worked with them in DEC 14. the pay was great. the management is great but the field supervisor not so. mean.

i would like to work in the future.
Pros
pay
Nice people, not much room for advancement.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Markham4 August 2014
More of a mom and pop type of security company. The pay can be good if your position is in demand. Typical day of work would be event security so having people provide their I.D., searching for alcohol and drugs, providing access control and other basic security duties. I learned the knit and grit of security here and the importance of suitable confrontation based on behaviour. The management is very nice and very easy to talk to.They provide positive reinformcent and act as if they are your friends. Scheduling can be problematic, but they are very flexible if you require more hours. Co-workers have all been good people and easy to get along with. Almost felt like a family environment. The hardest part of the job is reasoning with intoxicated individuals and having to detain them when they got rowdy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you realize you actually did somebody a favour when removing them from the prmises as they could have ended up in the hospital or in jail.
Pros
Great management, great co-workers
Cons
Problematic scheduling, different locations
metting many different people
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  toronto6 July 2014
working digital dreams was a very great experience, I learned crowed control the management was supportive, and my co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was the heat it was very hot and it was a long shift over all it was a great experience I meet lots of people and I would do it all over again.
Harsh hours but fun events
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2013
This company over works its employees, without proper breaks and no overtime pay for working the long 18 hour shifts. This company does, however, get great events to work at, but gives no protect at night clubs where there is a lot of violence (stabbings and shootings.)
Pros
Great events
Cons
Long hours, Poor pay, doesn't make the employees personal safety accessible
Star Security is seasonal job based on big events scheduled
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2013
It is a seasonal job, its on call with inconsistent hours. My salary is not enough to pay my bills but it is enjoyable working with them. Working with Star as a security guard has given me experience, especially working in the night clubs as I have become more tough , fearless, and strict for the safety of all people. Overall I have had a nice experience :).