Star Security & Investigations Employee Reviews in Barrie, ON

3.2Job Security & Advancement
Observing activities of people in concerts.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Canada13 August 2015
I have worked with Star Security for 3 major events which are: Wayhome Festival at Oro-Medonte, Veld Music Festival at Downsview Park and lastly the most recent one was Boots & Hearts Festival at Oro-Medonte.

I have worked both day and night shifts in the mentioned events. While working for Star Security, I have lots of things including new ways to observe people and their activities. I was taught to pat down people, and search them of any sharp metals, and unsealed items. I made many new friends at these events and even got to meet them again in the rest of the events. My co-workers were mostly all caring and helpful in all types of situations. I think the hardest part of the job was probably working at Veld Music Festival because I was assigned a position by my supervisor where I was to watch fences/barricades and prevent people hopping over. I was also given permission by my supervisor to calmly cooperate with those jumpers to stop and if not, we were told to engage to try to take them down and radio the police immediately to make arrests. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I worked for major events, it wasn't like a normal job for me because I lived there for 4 days with my co-workers and we worked but also enjoyed the experience.
Pros
Free showers, 3 times meal everyday, free access to vip/concert areas even after shift, high pay rate
Cons
Day shift was burning hot, night shifts were freezing cold