Star Security & Investigations

Star Security & Investigations Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews
I was referred to Star from a friend after getting my license. I had some great times working there I was part of a team that took care of football games security as well as the Toronto Maple Leaf tailgate parties in Toronto.
I never felt left out and enjoyed the experiences.
Pros
I gained some experience, team setting
Cons
Pay was low, some managers were very power hungry
Got to listen to a lot of fun music while being treated well and doing my job. I never had any problems with the staff, they all treated me with respect.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I work over nights at a festival and found it to be very boring and cold and exhausting. its hard to stay awake. however the pay is good and you meet many interesting people.
Mostly disgusting management. Terrible pay schedule. Always wrong pay. Mostly terrible work sites. No room for advancement unless you're friends are family. Harrassment occurres.
Awesome place to work for a summer job. Fun environment for a person who likes to attend music festivals while also working. They pay well and proves you with food
s a security officer, your first goal at your job is to keep your post and the people inside of it safe. You may not think that good customer service is one of the attributes that a security guard ought to have. No matter whether your post is at a plant, office building, or in a retail store, as a security guard, you are regularly thought of as “the face of the institution’s brand.” You are usually the first and last person that people coming and going see.
excellent working hours with good pay without any disturbance. gave flexible working hours without any restrictions. no extra pressure on employees. overall best.
If you have good management you can be assured you're in good hands. It's all about relationship building and delivering on your words. Decent work environment when working events.
the supervisors act extremely rude and entitled. only 15 min breaks were given in long 7 hour continuous standing shifts in windy cold weather outside.
Arrive at work, sign in with a supervisor, be deployed to post, work, have a break, work, watch the event, sign out and go home. It can be enjoyable, or tedious, depending on you.
One of the best security agency in Toronto.
Usually gives good work in the GTR region such as beach patrol , equipment watch out , parking patrol.Diye security
With security there is always long hours of standing. I had to get First Aid and CPR Certified. I learned a lot about how to deal with large groups of people, how to escort high priority clients and how to screen people entering an event. The management was always top notch, and they were always willing to help! The hardest part of the job I would say is the long hours you would have to stand, rain or shine, you'd have to come prepared. The most enjoyable part was working events and just having a good time. Music playing, lots of people partying; the atmosphere was energetic.
Pros
Free Entry Into Events
Cons
Long Hours
I was Ambassador for indoor and outdoor concerts, festivals, sporting games, automotive auctions, corporate venues.Regulate and monitor credentials o everyone for specific access to sensitive locations areas throughout venues.
Pros
free lunches or good event locations
Cons
30 minutes
Good atmosphere and great people you can work with and trust to have your back in dangerous situations. Hours are pretty good and you are guaranteed to get hours every week.
They are good gave a good work no doubt the only thing I don't ike about them is that they give short shifts like five hour shift due to which I have to leave the work otherwise they are the best respectable
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short hours
Excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for experience in dealing with large crowd at events and stadiums. Everyday is a different dynamic of occassion.
Star pay poorly but bolster the pay by paying cash but be warned your vacation pay is non existent. Management are imbassils and have no idea how to mangage staff welfare. Uniforms are sub standard at best and will not keep you warm on a cold day at BMO field so prepare to wrap up well, on the flip side during a hot day you better have your own water as they equally don’t care about staff hydration. Overall it was a poor poor experience during my time with them
Pros
Cash payers
Cons
Don’t give a hoot about you
Got to do a lot of cool security jobs such as security a football game, always room to grow and hours are ok if provided with lots of work. lots of shifts provided in summer months.
Pros
football game security gigs
Cons
not always guaranteed a lot of hours so money kind of sucks
Got to work/ see some Really cool events fun working environment! I cannot think of any other security company I would rather work for. Management is always helpful and kind. Thanks Star!
Star Secuitry is a bottom of the barrel security company, because of this their management is comprised of the most moronic knuckledraggers you will ever have the displeasure of working for. They will pay you minimum wage (when they actually get your pay cheque to you in time) for standing in the sun for 8-10 hours with no water and a hat only if you’re willing to pay for it.

The interview process is a joke. If you have a pulse Star will hire you on the spot without a second thought. This may explain the state of their management. Save your time and your mind by finding a different security company to work for, perhaps one that cares even a bit about what they do.

Also be warned that if you quit they will ‘convientely’ forget and call you at odd hours to work shifts despite not being employed for many months. Star Security, you can get hired but you can never truly leave.
Pros
Nice bright neon uniforms. The worst in security.
Cons
See review.
They don’t follow through with any promises, you can mess up no show for shifts lose the company contracts and still be employed the “scheduale manager” as he calls himself is an idiot