Star Security & Investigations Employee Reviews

Fun work
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2018
They are good gave a good work no doubt the only thing I don't ike about them is that they give short shifts like five hour shift due to which I have to leave the work otherwise they are the best respectable
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short hours
Event Management
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2018
Excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for experience in dealing with large crowd at events and stadiums. Everyday is a different dynamic of occassion.
Just overall; Incredible.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON17 May 2018
Travelling to these concerts and events, to be able to work with the shows and keep everyone safe, informed and guided, was the best part. We always had big enough places to hold our crew, always had strong people around for anything.
Pros
Many things were provided, yet each guard was on their own, teaching me so much at the time.
Cons
Extreme people, dirty motels, the hours; early & long
Great Cash Payers
Event security (Former Employee) –  BMO field14 April 2018
Star pay poorly but bolster the pay by paying cash but be warned your vacation pay is non existent. Management are imbassils and have no idea how to mangage staff welfare. Uniforms are sub standard at best and will not keep you warm on a cold day at BMO field so prepare to wrap up well, on the flip side during a hot day you better have your own water as they equally don’t care about staff hydration. Overall it was a poor poor experience during my time with them
Pros
Cash payers
Cons
Don’t give a hoot about you
great place for beginners
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 March 2018
Got to do a lot of cool security jobs such as security a football game, always room to grow and hours are ok if provided with lots of work. lots of shifts provided in summer months.
Pros
football game security gigs
Cons
not always guaranteed a lot of hours so money kind of sucks
Fun work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
Got to work/ see some Really cool events fun working environment! I cannot think of any other security company I would rather work for. Management is always helpful and kind. Thanks Star!
Don’t bother.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 February 2018
Star Secuitry is a bottom of the barrel security company, because of this their management is comprised of the most moronic knuckledraggers you will ever have the displeasure of working for. They will pay you minimum wage (when they actually get your pay cheque to you in time) for standing in the sun for 8-10 hours with no water and a hat only if you’re willing to pay for it.

The interview process is a joke. If you have a pulse Star will hire you on the spot without a second thought. This may explain the state of their management. Save your time and your mind by finding a different security company to work for, perhaps one that cares even a bit about what they do.

Also be warned that if you quit they will ‘convientely’ forget and call you at odd hours to work shifts despite not being employed for many months. Star Security, you can get hired but you can never truly leave.
Pros
Nice bright neon uniforms. The worst in security.
Cons
See review.
Terrible management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 January 2018
They don’t follow through with any promises, you can mess up no show for shifts lose the company contracts and still be employed the “scheduale manager” as he calls himself is an idiot
not bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 January 2018
you just got to do your job and you will do well and they will give you lots of shifts, and the other workers are nice to you if you are nice to them.
A normal security job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON and Toronto, ON31 October 2017
management was professional, no benefits for part-timers, in the summer star has more events than in the winter, some of the guards don't really care about the job but most of the managers and supervisors do care about the job.
Cons
you pick your shifts
fun and enjoyable
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 October 2017
overnights were hard at first, but everyone working there was very helpful and understanding...

good communication between guards and the supervisors
Pros
free food
If you want to be a sercurity gard I recommended this company 100%
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2017
This is the best company to start your security guard career.
Pros
Lots of work in season
Security Office
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
Very great company to work for. Gained an abundance of experience as well as education. Phenomenal management in the office, and always glad to work for them.
Very fun and productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 July 2017
Fun job as it lets you do a variety of different tasks from securing a concert to crowd control at sporting events, quite interesting experience you gain.
fun
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 June 2017
I have no complains with this company that I have worked with 7 years. The only thing is that the company star security is paying me 11.50 per hour. And I can't survive with 11.50
Most FUN and Accommodating JOB
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 June 2017
I can honestly say that this job has been the best job I have ever had. I can create my own schedules and I get paid to be at the BIGGEST concerts and sporting events. The Management are all amazing and super friendly. The pay is above what most make in the security industry so that is also a bonus.
Pros
Cons
Not knowing what event to work
Great and Exciting Events
Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto1 June 2017
Fun place to work with a chance to do exciting security work. Uniforms were affordable and don't over charge you unlike many others. Very flexible with my work schedule as. Great supervisors who make sure you are comfortable with the duties if your just starting out.
Pros
Very Organized
Don't work here!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2017
Worst place to work at. Didn't even give me a washroom nor lunch break. Had to stand for 10 hours and you are not allowed to sit. Look for other security companies!
very boring
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 April 2017
was treated like a pilon the whole time. pay was too cheap, breaks basically weren't allowed because of shortage of staff. and not easily able to communicate when needed. no radio given to myself
Pros
Cons
no breaks sometimes
great learning
Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
working with star is always great. I have learnt a lot from them. they provided me a wealthy experience needed to enhance my skills .talking to people , performing tasks within time and discipline is a part of working with star
Pros
good shifts
Cons
standing shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Star Security & Investigations. Our community is ready to answer.

Star Security & Investigations Reviews by Location