Staples Employee Reviews

productive, fun, and encouraging
Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 January 2018
A great place to work on your salesmanship, the staff and your coworkers are always there for you. If you ever need anything just ask one of your manager, they are really nice about things. Always do your best to meet your sales goals and you should be fine!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours if working part time
Great People To Work With
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 January 2018
The people who work at Staples are great to work with! Everyone helps each other. If you have a question or need help with something there is always someone who is ready and willing to help! You're never left alone!
Pros
Lots of team building activities and they allow you to work from home 2 days a week.
Cons
Most of their positions are contract.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON20 January 2018
Working at Staples gave me lots of great skills for a first job, I was suppose to go through the management training program, unfortunately GM's were changed and the new GM was very much in her own head and did not see this process through as previous management had told. I did not see myself moving any further in the company with her as our new GM as we did not see eye to eye on this subject. .
Pros
Amazing Team, great hours
Cons
New GM Pushed Me Out
Good Experience
Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 January 2018
I had a good time working here. I learned a lot about technology and types of products out there. Staff and Managers were very friendly and welcoming.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 January 2018
Fun place to work and learn as a teenager. Decent salary. Clean store. Sufficient breaks . Good schedules. Management could use some work . Overall decent place to work
great team and staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2018
retail work with a great management team. Limited personal growth potential once reaching the management or full time level. Good company and good people
Pros
Tv in lunch room, staff discount
Cons
retail work, limited growth potential with low ceiling
A dying company
Technology Sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2018
Most of the time no matter where you will be yelled at for not selling something the customer does't want. I get it it's sales and I was one of the top sellers in the Edmonton/Northern Alberta district and only rewards we would get it a $25 Gift card to STAPLES. Very unfair company you won't be moving up and Staples is dying a lot.
Pros
Easy to book days off
Cons
Everything, treated badly and many locations and the list goes on.
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 January 2018
Staples is an unfair place to work if you are a part-time employee. Do not give enough training, and blamed for anything that may go wrong in chosen department.
Pros
oo
Cons
management
Ok workplace if you know the right people
SERVICES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2018
Advancement is easy if you have something in your head. Have to be careful with company politics as usual, Most stores are dirty and the people who work there are apathetic.
Alright first job
Staples (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON5 January 2018
I was hired through a jobzone program and was paid by them for the first three months. Things were average for a retail job though I was very young making it hard to relate to most of the staff.
Great!
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2018
Really great work environment and great if you are looking for part time work! Loved the work in the Copy Center and they offer so many useful products and services.
ok place
Facilities, packaging and safety sales (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 December 2017
They came to offer me a nice job with a nice salary and then laid me off after 11 months. worked long hours and non stop e mails.
My manager was very helpful though.
Good place to work.
Sales Area Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 December 2017
Good place to work. All coworkers and management got along which made going to work enjoyable. The store had it slow times and extremely busy times.
Always busy
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB12 December 2017
Staff and employees were fun to work with, Our General manager always made sure we had the proper tools to do the job , And was always available to help out when needed.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Hard to get good employees
good place to work
Technology Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB10 December 2017
was a great place to work, if you work hard and do the job required and go above and beyond they take the time to recognize you. great place to advance your skills and knowledge
Friendly staff, Rivalry and finger pointing.
Technology Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB30 November 2017
Pay is competitive and usually coworkers are friendly and fun to work with. Some ruin your time and take every sale possible from you and blame others for their mistakes. Awesome service and great products. Easy to learn no matter the job.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Competitive pay
Wish i could go back!
Senior Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
The training opportunity alone were worth working here. within 6 months i was working in all departments.
every day i got to work in different department of store and the staff and managers were a pleasure to work for.
Enjoyed the work but management was there to hang you out to dry
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB28 November 2017
Loved the work, and co-workers, but management put their overseeing responsibilities onto the floor staffs shoulders and when they didn't the results they were hoping for, employees were railroaded out the door. Very unprofessional and sneekie.
Pros
Steady, good co-workers, enjoyable atmoshere
Cons
Management very deceitful, unprofessional, and callus.
great working environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON27 November 2017
staples provided me with a great working environment. great system, great management, great coworkers and an overall great working environment. Real nice place.
Pros
everything
Cons
non
too many years to remember
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 November 2017
Truly enjoyed the job, answering calls for numerous companies and talking to a great many people. Everyday was a new challenge and I loved it. Would like to try the job again.