Staples Employee Reviews

Found 933 reviews matching the search See all 9,797 reviews
Best job ever!
Sales associate, Receiver and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 February 2019
Working at Staples was the best years of my life by far! I mean, it's retail so you won't be making millions. But the structure, management and team building activities are superb!
I highly recommend Staples!
Pros
Cons
Salary
eBay Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2019
I've worked 14 years at Staples. Its a great company, a good place to work, grow and learn. Its like my second home. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Not such a great environment
Sr. Technician / Technology Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Weston, ON8 February 2019
management is switched way too often. Which leaves no room for team to be fully established with one culture before bringing another. Worked with the company for over 2 and a half years. great at first, and just went down hill due to superiors not understanding what a real team felt like.
If your inept you will go far. Good at what you do? You will stay where you are.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 February 2019
Each store manager is able to interpret the management of the store in their own way, particularly if they meet sales targets.

I saw managers hitting on young girls to the point of them quitting because they knew their complaints would not be dealt with or believed.

An inept employee who was good at smiling and being demure to male superiors was promoted over a staff member who was more knowledgeable and sales proficient, but not as attractive.It is apparently easier to promote dummies and leave the competent people to do the real work so as to avoid trying to replace the better employees.

Avoid all Staples as you end up working for managers that are only interested in getting financial rewards at your expense. You may get a gift card for $25 while they get a nice bonus.
Pros
work experience for students but not a career.
Cons
Anyone above a lead sales associate
endroit plus au moins propre
Commis (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC4 February 2019
employer gentil et agreable mais la place est plutot sale
Productive workplace
Copy Center/Tech Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2019
Management does a good job of pushing the employees to do there best. I really enjoy the people who work at my branch, all around very good, nice people.
Pretty Good and Fun
Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2019
Most people are nice and friendly, there are some bad days where there are bad customers, but usually its pretty good. Most of the other employees are friendly and willing to help when asked.
Working at Staples
Copy Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2019
Working at Staples was a wonderful experience. As mentioned in my resume, I worked there for 6 months. The reason why I left is because I had to move, otherwise, I would've absolutely love to continue working there.
was just a take down job
Seasonal Labourer (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON23 January 2019
we helped move the store location
was a fun experience
nice people didn't interact with customers
took inventory of everything and shipped everything out of the store to different stores
Good student Jobs
Comis aux ventes et support (Former Employee) –  Joliette, QC21 January 2019
Good student Jobs, not much more really. For a student job it was perfect, much more better than any other alternatives.
Pros
Scheduling flexible
Cons
Not a long term job
great!
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 January 2019
very good! loved working here! relaxed environment. great opportunities. excellent management. self development and growth. recommend working here. all the best.
Great people to work with
Tech Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB17 January 2019
I really enjoyed working there part-time while I went to school. This job was really flexible with all sorts of schedules. Some of the management took some getting use too but they were all apart of a common goal MAKE THE CUSTOMER HAPPY.
Pros
People
Cons
the costomers
Hard work, amazing teams, fun, competitive.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 January 2019
I loved working at staples.
Everyone is extremely competitive, but also at the end of the day the teams are a team and work hard together to accomplish our goals.
We always would plan fun events and days to just take the stress out of work and enjoy each other.
Pros
Management is always willing to help if needed.
Cons
Sometimes the work load was a lot and rushed without enough training.
Status quo
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2019
- Does the bare minimum at everything.
- work days are routine
- learned as much as managers wished me too
- workplace culture was repressive
- most enjoyable part of the job is being unsupervised
Hard place to work
customer care, checkout and some accounts (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB10 January 2019
The hours are. not good, the you are expected to do large amounts for work for little pay. I learned that I should be grateful when I get a nice place to work.Management can have favorites and doing not give everyone the same chances. It seems to me that everyone is trying to strive to achieve the managements good side and not concentrating on their work. the hardest part of the job is dealing with co-works and management. Going home
Pros
can not see any
Excellente entreprise.
Technicien (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC10 January 2019
J'adore cette entreprise, nous sommes pas considérer comme des numéros, mais des personnes entières, malgré la grosseur de la compagnie. Une famille! Le seul défaut est le salaire, ils ne sont pas assez compétitifs.
Pros
Proche des employés, pause payées
Cons
Salaire non compétitifs.
It was alright
Easy Tech Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 January 2019
More responsibility for a $2 premium
Not too bad unless we get flooded with people and no one tries to help you. The services were the things we needed to sell the most of course, but sometimes we were encouraged to up-sell the services we provided. The one I worked at was a revolving door because we always had people leaving.
Pros
Store discounts?
Cons
It's retail
So-So
Cashier/Copy Centre (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 December 2018
Taught me a lot about being a cashier, and taught me a lot about making binding and cerlox books, making posters and blueprints, black and white and coloured print outs as well.
Salaire non équitables -- assurances sociales super
Conseillere en impression (Former Employee) –  Joliette, QC28 December 2018
Avantages sociaux super!
Le bémol est le salaire des associés en informatique vs ceux dans les autres département n'est pas du tout équitable! Certains gagnent plus en quelque mois/1ans versus des employés en place depuis des années! ON a l'impression de se faire prendre pour acquis. Mais les employeur sont super conciliant travail/famille et compréhensif
Good work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 December 2018
Very good work environment. Staff is very helpful and the management is also very supportive. I was able to learn a lot of new things here. Job duties include working with stock and helping out customers.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K