Staples Employee Reviews

Inventory Integrity
National Inventory & Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  New Zealand and Australia16 April 2018
Multi City Warehouses
Logistics
Recruitment and Training
Cost cutting
Continuous Improvements
Lean Methodology
End to End Supply Chain
Employee Apprisals
Pros
Extensive travelling
Cons
Away from Family
Bon employeur
anonyme (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC12 April 2018
Bon employeur, bonne équipe et bonnes conditions de travail.
My First Job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON10 April 2018
Working at staples as a cashier was my first job and I had so much fun. The management and employees were great and we all worked well as a team. Their training process is also very well done.
Not a good place to work
Furniture Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 April 2018
Don't get support from management. Alot of favoritism in the workplace. Nothing is organized, managers don't give clear instructions, back room is always dirty.
Great place to work at with great management
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 April 2018
I was lucky enough to work from home. I worked at the claims department and i would open claims for customers. Working from home was great but long hours in front of a computer with high volume calls made it somehow difficult for me. Everything else was great
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
High volume of calls
They expect something for nothing.
Print and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS6 April 2018
Depending on the department you are in, the managers will expect you to do not only the job you were hired for, but other departments jobs too with little pay. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a lazy worker, but when you, one person, are expected to do a 6 person job and get in trouble when you can't get it done, it really kills your spirit. They also do not like giving second chances for mistakes. What I mean is, if you are unaware you are supposed to do something (or not do something) they do not give you another chance, they instantly write you up.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Horrible managers
Strict Management Little Benefit
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 April 2018
The company is very strict on policy, the managers make time to ensure that you have a balanced schedule but nothing else. Sales are forced and you feel obligated to push extras on customers even though they do not need it.
Pros
Staff are very friendly
Cons
Strict sales
great atmosphere
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC2 April 2018
nice coworkers and understanding bosses that always take care or employees, they are patient with both employees and customers, help new ones learn how to handle their jobs with patience. they are suer fun to work with as well
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
finishing late some days
Mismanaged
COPY AND PRINT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 April 2018
Had a good group on employees but management isn't trained in all aspects and is unwilling to support the team fully. I often found myself in need of a manger to fully provide a customer solution and they were unwilling to respond.
Fun to work
Tech Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 March 2018
- Not the best pay
- Amazing staff
- Slightly pressured sales without any real consequences
- Fun atmosphere
- Lowest prices
- General manager was very nice
Good place to work but a lot of politics and the rules always changing.
Fax Department (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 March 2018
Entered fax orders/email orders and helped with phone orders when the queue was busy. Custom imprinted orders for businesses and schools. Contacted customers for any irregularities on their order.
Pros
Stock purchase plan, RRSP matching
Cons
Needed a doctor's note for just about everything, had too many games going on (coloring, guessing games etc), timed bathroom breaks
Work for them for a LONG TIME
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2018
Okay company to work for.
I had a good boss and a fun staff to work with. Also customers make it fun. I would work for them again. Maybe if I was offered a manager position
Amazing place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NS26 March 2018
The workplace environment is friendly and positive. There is lots of opportunity for advancement within the company. The staff and managers are always eager to help. Working for this company has been amazing. The pay as well as commission is well above what I anticipated it to be. Overall a wonderful place to work.
Currently enjoying my time at staples
Cashier/Tech associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 March 2018
I'm currently working here and I have very few complaints. The management is nice and the fellow employees are also very nice and helpful. The hours are flexible and the breaks are fair.
Technology Sales Area Representative
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 March 2018
The best thing about working with Staples is the flexible schedule, great part time job for students or if you have a second job. The pay is very low (15 cents over min wage) and not a lot of performance based rewards. Also not a lot of room for growth within the company. Managers were friendly and is a welcoming environment. Work with a lot of great people, however there is a very high turnover rate and a lot of new people on a monthly basis, which led store being understaffed frequently. Great job if you like doing sales and learn a lot of new things.
Pros
1 Hour long breaks when worked over 7 hours, 10% off electronics, 15% off Office Supplies, Easy to book time off, flexible schedule
Cons
Low compensation, not a lot of room for growth, were understaffed many times.
Its okay as a student
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON21 March 2018
Its a decent place to work as a student looking to make some money, however, no room for advancement or hours despite being a veteran associate. Managers are decent with being accommodating, however good luck getting hours as the company is strapped financially.
Pros
Decent co-workers
Cons
Poor hours, not enough.
i learned a lot here
IT assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 March 2018
it was a co-op placement and i did data wipes and the occasional troubleshooting and spent the rest of my time doing sales and stocking. i learned a lot about troubleshooting and sales, management was very forgiving and all my co-workers were friendly.
hardest part of the job is sales because of the knowledge required, and the best part is learning IT
Staples
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB18 March 2018
I have worked with Staples for 2 years now, and I really like working there. I have learned to work in many different areas of the store which helps me expand my skills as well as being able to expand my knowledge of products and services that enables me to help customers better. Staples has been really good with working around my school schedule while giving me the hours I need to pay the bills. The managers are really amazing.
Pros
Good student job
Cons
sometimes getting shorter shifts
Great Place to work
Sales Coaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS15 March 2018
Training and development of associates, Very diverse in its hiring practices, Job challenge was dealing with the various personalities while ensuring success or sales goals
Pros
Opportunity to make great commission
Cons
autocratic management team
Sales Area Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2018
Sales representative responsible for assisting and advising customers on products throughout the store.
Conducted regular inventory and product availability.