Staples Employee Reviews

Relaxed & Comfortable environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE14 August 2018
Staples is a great entry level sales career for any aspiring sales associates. With opportunities to improve ones self, there's also plenty of room to grow.
Full of lies
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 August 2018
While I was there I was promised a company that valued work/life balance, the safety and happiness of its staff and a great sales culture. What I got was bullied, harassed and backstabbing, the push to put my job in front of my family, and my mental health, and an environment that breeds drama and segregation. Managers were cruel and would lead staff to make the complaints they wanted to hear so they could fire someone.

Do not work here if you think this is going to be a great place for advancement. Or if you believe they will value you.
environnement de travail intéressant
QC (Current Employee) –  Laval (53)11 August 2018
A bureau en gros j'ai appris a travailler en équipe et à me surpasser
Good and relaxed workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 August 2018
Compnay is good and the benefits are very good for both fulltime and part time employees. The pay is relatively lower compared to competition but great work ethics and great place to work.
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2018
Good company to work for, allot of store and great selection of electronics. It is a good place for student as their first job. Allot of learning chances.
"Good to gain experience"
Client Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 August 2018
"Work life balance culture of the company"
"There are flexible hours available"
"Supportive Management"
"Fantastic opportunities for advancement"
"Solid coaching and mentorship"
Supervisor
Assistant project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2018
Quite a good learning environment, as you should always expect challenging tasks. It gets more challenging, having to deal with the many demands of customers and building collaborative efforts withim team, without the support of management.
Fun environment
Customer Service, Copy and Print Centre (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2018
I wasn't stuck doing the same thing over and over again. I learned lots about making binders, posters, business cards, etc. The management was good and made sure things were always running smoothly. Employees get treated with respect and its a great environment to be in. I wouldn't say theres been a time where there was something I couldn't handle, but the most enjoyable part was that i got to experience new things and made new friends.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Dont have any.
working
Assistant Manager (CO-OP) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 July 2018
Working at staples was a good first job opportunity, with a great environment, and amazing co workers to be able to work with. Physically demanding work due to lifting merchandise.
Staples was a good company to work for
Territorial Account Manager (Field position) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC25 July 2018
Acquired skills /Accomplishments:
o Design of sales strategy scripts, for phone approach, follow-ups, and full sales cycle.
o Creation of a PHP / Mysql web form and online process, for the purpose of closing sales on the phone.
o Average production of customers agreements reaching 150% of set targets, for total weekly revenues of
45 000$ or 2 250 000$ yearly.
Good place to learn about tech & sales
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON24 July 2018
Staples provides a decent training program. Many different opportunities to move around within Staples, Tech/Aisles/Copy&Print. Develop skills in selling warranties & other benefits.
Great place for new to workforce
CashierCopy Centre Associate/Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2018
worked there for three years. Was a great place. Moved through multiple departments. So long as you work hard you have plenty of room for advancement.
Manager
Business Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
you are managing the business and working as a operational manager and managing the store in absence of General Manager on every shift. Good training program.
Good system of filtering customer's needs.
Print and Business Marketing (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 July 2018
Staples does a great job of catering to the needs of their customers, however, I feel that with more allocated resources (including people), the efficiency of their end goals can be achieved much more effortlessly.
Pros
Networking with customers
Cons
Not enough staff positioned in each department.
Fun to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2018
It's a good place to start working as they understand your needs as a student and are really flexible about the schedule and stuff. They work with you in helping you to improve.
Great Management and Excellent Training
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2018
Started as a Sales associate and was quickly promoted to Sales Coaching Specialist. In one year, our sales numbers improved by over 25%. Later moved on to become a Business Development manager in the Mississauga office
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
The importance of Fun at work place.
TECHNOLOGY SALES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2018
Fun at workplace is very important nowadays in not only in retail industry but in every industry as well. Everything is fast paced and lots of stresses and pressure at workplace. However most importantly, it's people who make the difference. Eventually to motivate people and making them happy and stress free, we have to make our workplace a fun loving environment focusing on goals and business. If people are stressed, they can't provide the best they can. So, as a manager in a leadership role, to bring out the best from the people, there is no exception without making them motivated, happy and highly energetic. Fun in workplace is a great culture in the business. With fun, we have to develop and coach our respective team and heading towards our main objective i.e. Business by ensuring best customer experience.
Pros
People will be highly motivated and ready to give the best.
Cons
Some people might take advantage of Fun.
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2018
Great Company to work for. Strong leadership with great standards in their stores. They could have had a larger focus on people development, and developing stronger leaders
Nice benefits & salary - horrible training & management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS25 June 2018
The training at this place is a joke. It was a horrible place to work and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. And by that I mean run for cover. Management have their favourites and if it isn't you, look out. Expect to be a workaholic or you wont succeed at keeping your job. The customers on the phone are easier to handle than the management.
Pros
benefits, pay & decent customers to work with
Cons
everything else
A good job but ...
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 June 2018
This is an amazing job. I have loved it as long as I’ve been here. However after 4 years of loyalty they are still unwilling to take me on full time. There is a revolving door culture with employees. Management won’t offer the job security and advancement that many people are looking for. Don’t work for staples if you want to advance your career because they won’t do anything for you there.
Pros
Good benefits and great co workers
Cons
No advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K