Staples Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 October 2018
Great people to work with. Very knowledgeable and friendly. The associates are always happy to give good information, and answer any questions the customers have.
agreable
l'aide d'un chariot élévateur manuelle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 October 2018
un bon environnement de travail, professionnel, beaucoup d'heures
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 October 2018
Very good place to work. Good hours and very good benefits. Hours were very steady and reliable. Would definitely work there again if the opportunity presented itself.
Fast Paced and Great People
PRINT AND MARKETING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 September 2018
Great staff to work and learn with. Always a lot to do and different types of jobs to keep you occupied. Great benefits and team building events for employees. Very fast paced.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Under staffed
Good place to start for experience with customer service
COPY LEAD/KEYHOLDER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2018
Good people
Competitive benefits
Good place to work during school to gain some retails and customer service experience in a busy retail environment day in a day out
Pros
Easy to advance
Cons
Lazy people do get away with their laziness
Relaxed environment with lot's to keep you busy
Temp (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 September 2018
Was over all a very relaxed environment, with lot's of opportunities to work by yourself if you preferred or as a team. Management was very informative and helpful, and co-workers were very easy to work with and got the job done as much as the next person.
The most challenging part of the job of course is being on your feet and constantly moving and lifting for eight hours a day, so make sure to dress comfortably and bring the right shoes! Overall, I would do a job like this again in a heart beat!
Technical Consultant
Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 September 2018
Classic retail sales experience while also being a technical consultant for both individuals and businesses. Client interactions are mostly positive. The position does require you to either be interested or willing to learn about the technical/IT field.
Overall enjoyable experience
Great Temp Experience
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 September 2018
I was assigned to Staples warehouse as a Temp. The managers were very nice, as well as the full time employees. They made work feel easy with their flow of activity. I would recommend to anyone who is interested in a physically demanding warehouse job.
great work experience but bullies for management
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 September 2018
Working there is great the copy centre is small and you get close with your other copy people but when it comes to management getting involved they can intimidate and bully you everyday that you go home crying,
Pros
discounts up to 15%
Cons
terrible managers
Fun to work here
Cashier/Print & Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC17 September 2018
Coworkers are kind and productive, diligent with their task-work and knowledgeable about store processes and standards. Managerial and supervisory staff are constructive and well-suited.
Great place to learn about office equipment.
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 September 2018
During my time at Staples I assembled office chairs and stocked the shelves. I found the management at Staples quite knowledgeable and helpful. I enjoyed my time working a Staples.
Pros
Friendly management.
Dont work here
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 September 2018
Don't work here. Not worth it.Management bad. High employee turn around. No matter how little hours you get, you are still expected to make sales quotas.
Great for starting
Remote Customer Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 September 2018
The company has a laid back corporate cultures. There are very limited opportunity for advancement. The salary is ok for starting but it definitely not enough to live off of.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Communication delay
Satisfied worker
Senior Consultant Business Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia6 September 2018
As a sales person I usually sold a lot of things and people would come to see me personally.
I wanted to sell more but had no options in what I wanted to sell to the customers.
Good coverages and Benefits
Pros
It fits my field of expertise
Cons
No options in sales
Dun work environment in a strong sales culture
Account Manager/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK5 September 2018
Great staff from top to bottom, benefits, great hours, easy parking, consideration for physically disabled, secure safe working environment
RSP program to save for your future or help buy your first home.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Commission can vary
Poor management, little hours, relatively easy work
Merch Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS4 September 2018
For a first job it’s alright.
Hours (9-9, 9-6, 12-5) are great for students, high school or university, but don’t expect to get a lot of hours unless you’re a tech person. Hours are given to them more favourably, so look forward to maybe one hour shift per week.
Back to school season is great for hours if you’re looking for a summer job.
Management at Bedford is shakey. Head manager is known to blame and yell at her associates for not pushing customers into buying something they very clearly did not want, but gladly accepts praise and credit from her superiors when the store does well.
Schedules only come out on Thursdays... very little notice of shifts.
Pros
Great colleagues, lots of hours in the summer
Cons
Verbally abusive management, very few hours September-July
Average minimum wage job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 September 2018
I didn't really enjoy working at Staples. I was constantly shorted on hours. I gave them full availability and they gave me minimal hours and complained they had no staff willing to work. Some managers were great, some not so much.
standard bigbox electronics gig
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 September 2018
standard big box electronics gig.
sell more services beyond what the customer is looking for

stocking printers is a great workout at work - some of the large laser printers average 40-60kg
Stay away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS1 September 2018
I am a person with a learning disability and after 10 months I was fire for being to slow at productivity even though I disclosed my disability. I was place on an action but wasn't given any official warning prior of being terminated...
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Get fire if too slow
fun place to work
cashier/ printing and tech sales (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC31 August 2018
they are really nice. they give us training time by time in all departments. It is not really hard for me because i love my job and i give my best in my every job whether i like it or not and i am always willing to learn new things
Pros
15% off in school supplies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K