Staples Employee Reviews

Found 1,033 reviews matching the search See all 10,377 reviews
Great
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Newport, Cardiff, UK23 May 2019
I have good experience working at Staples. The management was great. Work environment was good too. Management was supportive. I recommend this place to work for sure.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 May 2019
Horrible hours. Horrible management. Horrible pay. You will only get gold hours and be treated with respect IF the managers like you. If they do not like you they will disrespect you and treat you like garbage. They pick and chose who they like. The company cares about nothing but profit. They do not care for their employees. If you have a choice, don’t chose staples
Fair place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sackville nova scotia15 May 2019
I love working there but feel i am in a position that i am unable to succeed in as well as i have moved twice to higher levels but have not gotten any increases in wage i feel that is very unfair
Pros
Very welcoming
Cons
Very little pay
Not the best
Tech Associate (Computer Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 May 2019
The job is good, and you learn alot, but the pay for the amount of work you do is not so good. Management is caring and alot of room to learn new things.
Amazing place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE, AREA, SALES ASSOSCIATE (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON13 May 2019
This place is amazing to work for when your young and starting out as well (maybe as a second job). It teaches you everything needed to know when heading out into the real world; sales, organization and communication. All key attributes needed to be successful. Great flexibility and stable job, as well as a good networking place, wide range of people to talk too.
Horrible Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC12 May 2019
If you want to be overworked with minimum pay then this is the place for you. They will bully you until you quit if they have no reason to fire you and if you make a complaint, they will tell you to quit if you are that unhappy rather than deal with the issue at hand. In addition one of the managers always snaps their figures at you, puts their hands in your face mid conversation and screams at you from across the store. They are the most selfish management team and they don't care about the well being of the workers but only how good they look on paper.
In crowd or not
Sales Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON12 May 2019
Work for staples for many years as a sales support lead primary responsibilities were planograms, cycle counts ,presentation, merchandise flow, At the beginning the store was fantastic to work for. Then new management came on board And they did not care about their employees all they cared about was money. The worst part is they pick and choose who they liked if they liked you he got away with everything. If they didn’t like you they treated you with no respect. I applied for multiple different promotions and got denied for all of them just because the Manager did not like me after a while I’ll try to go back to the same company and they gave me some story about head office was dealing with application for my position if you want to be treated like a doormat and have no respect from others that staples is a job for you take it from me that’s been there for many years
Pros
Good ppl
Cons
Bad management no respect or anybody else’s opinion
Supportive team and good work-life balance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2019
I learned to work well in a team and operating cash systems and becoming better at sales. An okay company to work for, sometimes stressful with lack of organization and difficult expectations from management, but in general nice customers and a good and fun/supporting team.
Pros
a supportive team and okay work-life balance
Cons
not a lot of hours
Very good place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC8 May 2019
I just loved it to work there. All management is amazing so helpful and so supportive. If you have any problem they always have time to talk and solve it.
Pros
You get good discount
Cons
N/a
Fun coworkers and a relaxing job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2019
You can learn so much at Staples from chairs to pencils to computers. The place, in general, is a nice place to work. Break time is very good. They treat very kindly.
Exciting & Fun
Temp. Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2019
Is was a part time job but I was an Temp. Stocking Associate which the company which location & met some friendly people & was an easy job to work at.
Pros
2 breaks & 1 hour Lunch
Cons
Not to much hours but good friendly people
Dynamic environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 May 2019
Many different departments with very different views and approaches to work ethic from each. Led to confusion for those who cross trained between one or more but allowed for experience in dealing with many unique responsibilities.
Job quality depends on location/management.
Tech sales/consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2019
So I worked there for a handful of years. Worked in several stores, and was promoted a few times, even took a demotion when I moved across the country. The quality of work seemed to change dramatically from location to location.

I had worked with management and GM's who were FANTASTIC - best manager's ive worked with to date.

I also have worked for management that was utterly useless in application. I left the company due to management essentially pushing me out the door by having unreasonable requirements, that actually negatively impacted how I dealt with customers, and were unwilling to listen when you mentioned this fact.

Head office used to be pretty lax about stuff, we used to be able to bend the rules slightly... Now, they want cookie cutter stores where everything is 100% identical to eachother.

I used to be one of the top sales people in the district. Since then I'd lost my passion for sales, with more and more metrics and robotic conversations being expected of me each day.
Pros
No two days are the same, benefits package was pretty comprehensive, discounts on tech is always nice.
Cons
Bad work/life balance often requiring home based unpaid training, head office is becoming more demanding
Busy work environment with lots of tasks
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 May 2019
As a tech associate a typical day starts with tracking down inventory that is scattered around half the store and physically confirming that we have the number of items specified. While doing this you are to also assist customers with finding products they need. Upon finishing the inventory you are to pull new inventory and stock shelves with it while still helping customers. As the day comes to a close you are to clean up items left on the floor and at the bottom of shelves as well as bringing product to the front of the shelf to make the shelves look orderly.
Decent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 May 2019
Management was what made my job mostly tolerable. Had a great management team that facilitated success in the workplace. I could see this job being much worse if management was not great.
Decent starter job or transistion
Resident Technician (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON3 May 2019
Ok place to start in a retail environment. Learn your customer service skills before you move on. Benefits are great. Opportunites to expand knowledge through vendor courses
Benefits
Cons
not a lot of opportunities to grow
Good company
Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2019
Good company overall to work with, No stability in Management. Company going through major changes and makeovers.
Wage is ok to survive but hard to work somewhere else with staples as of work timings.
productive and fun work place
Cashier/Copy Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON30 April 2019
amazing managers everyone is very friendly and amazing to work with. Great hours for students. Laid back work place environment. Many opportunities to grow and branch from staples business.
experience
Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2019
Great work experience, very fast paced work environment to keep you busy. Everyone lends a helping hand to accomplish the tasks at hand. Very team oriented.
Pros
free lunches
Fun Working Environment
Office Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Winkler, MB28 April 2019
A typical day at work involves replenishment of stock, updating inventory, printing price tags, effectively merchandising stock to drive sales and dealing with customers to find the items they require.

It also involves answering product related questions and providing knowledgable feedback.

We have a wonderful workplace culture, with supportive management and friendly co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers. On a personal level I find the low wages difficult to accept when the company is doing so well, our increases are performance based but locked in at a maximum of 4%. So even when you exceed expectations on a review you can never reach the maximum threshold for your position due to this maximum set level of increase.

The most enjoyable part of the job is excelling at what you do and knowing that you have added value to the customers overall shopping experience.
Pros
Company benefits with medical and dental coverage.
Cons
Very low wages and they often reduce your working hours when business is slow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K