STAPLES Canada

STAPLES Canada Employee Reviews

Found 1,245 reviews matching the search
Able to work and connect with customers for their needs in Info Tech
Come in on time for work, Relax a bit when working on client computers to fix or setup their hardware. Facing with customers and answering their needs.
Pros
Very Flexible in work schedule and vacation time.
Cons
Poor Management.
Environnement de travail détendu
Bureau en Gros est un employeur stable qui permet d'aller travailler dans partout à travers le Canada, j'ai pu moi même en profiter. Bureau en Gros s'adapte à la vie personnelle des employés.
Fun place to work with great managers and colleagues
Staples is a great company to work for. The managers are very supportive and they genuinely want you to excel. I am enjoying every moment working with staples. The only drawback about the company is the low wage paid to associate.
It has a great working environment
I like my job. I enjoy who I work with and for. We have a great work culture in my store. Its a fun place to work but when it's time to work you work. THE PAY SUCKS
Higher management was super power hungry, and selfish. I do not recommend working here as it will cause you significant stress. They expect you to do things that are not your job whatsoever, and you have no choice but to do it if you want to keep your job. Find another place it’s not worth your time
fun environment
Good company with lots of benefits and I like the environment and staff. They treat everyone as family. Everyone is fair and the salary given are also fair.
Staples Home office
An overall good place to work-friendly environment work lif balance is off could be better, Like to see more work from and less contract more fulltime with benefits
Très bon
J'ai appris plusieurs talents que je ne pensais pas avoir, mais j'ai toujours eu le problème du fait que je déteste commencée des conversations. Alors quand il me demandait d'aller vers le client pour leur demander s'il avait besoin d'aide. Je ne le fesait pas je ne fesait qu'attendre qu'ils viennent vers moi.
Pros
Aide beaucoup à développer le travail d'équipe
Fast -paced
You are going to have to deal with clients who walk into the store angry. The people who you work with are really nice and easy to get along with. If you are used to fast-paced and stressful environments, then this job could be good for you (especially in the Copy and Print Center)
Pretty Decent if you don't mind playing the corporate meta game
Overall pretty decent, but there is basically nothing in the way of pay raises, even if you move up and get huge increases in work load or responsibilities. Pretty fast turnaround for junior staff.
Pros
Chill guidlines. Get to work with tech. Not particularly difficult
Cons
No pay raises, no way to move up quickly
good woth working
it was good overall. minimum pay rate. staff was good and coordinated. salary on time......
not much support provided though... learning and fast paced environment.
Working at staples Canada
I am an optimist person. Hard working, dependable, honest, helpful and trustful. My experience at staples was really unforgettable. We had a great management team with great experience. We did learn by lot of challenges such as meeting the daily target on certain products which were on promotions.
relaxed workplace
i love my job at Staples, the managers are very understanding & willing to work with my crazy school schedule. It is a very relaxed atmosphere & most of my coworkers have become friends.
Wouldn’t Recommend
Very little training and support in the business advantage division. You spend about a week training and your on your own. No leads and very outdated sales process.
If i became manager these are the things I would change
Tips try not to get worked up about meeting their goals it will only stress you out they are fast paced because they want to be the best but they really dont have to be.If they were to work smarter than faster I believe this company would go so much farther.
productive fun workplace with good experience
i would recommend the job to friends and colleagues who are interested in that kind of job description. it has a relaxing atmosphere but at the same time very fast paced
The stock picker is always fun
Staples is a fun place to work at. All staff members are super chill and will answer any questions you chuck at them.
The most enjoyable part of staples is when you get to release co2 from exchanged emptied soda-stream canisters and laugh at your coworkers that are jealous, or putting clearance stickers/labels on products.
Dont even bother.
Your just a number to them, they really dont care. All they focus on is the bottom dollar and how to cut even more each day. Horrible atmosphere, horrible management. Just a pure toxic environment.
Horrible
If you like to be taken advantage of and work with management who favour bad employees over good this is the place to go. I’ve worked here for a couple years and it’s not worth the mental breakdowns
Pros
Gives insurance
Cons
Unstable schedules
Good with good coworkers
Staples is an enigma when it comes to a workplace. You will 99% have great coworkers but management will be lacking. A bunch of suits who focus on more money then your lively hood. They care about the store stature and cleanliness but will lack staff and will reprimand you fail to complete these tasks. Its all about results, but the way they go to achieve these results are far from the norm.
A steady part-time job for the inexperienced
While working at Staples I was balancing five courses in my 12th grade. The overall is that the job was ok but I had to leave due to school being my priority. Alas, It paid minimum wage and was a good first retail experience.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Too many responsibilities