Stantec

Stantec Employee Reviews

Fair Engineering Company.

I was at the wrong time at the company. The Economy of Alberta was very low. At that time lay-offs started. I leave before that happens to me. My frustration come because the manager created false expectations when they brought me in. This is part of the game in consulting firms. They must show that they have the best resources to present proposals. The company pay well. The benefits are better than most similar companies. I don’t have chance to know the company better because the Transmission Lines Division was isolated in a separate building. But I hear that many people please with the company.

Pros

Good benefits, good salary.

Cons

Not job security

Ok

Was not there too long but overall a great company. People were welcoming, work was challenging to start. Benefits were great, time off if needed. Christmas was off but had to use your own vacarion days to do so.

Temporary position

It was an awesome position and I thoroughly loved it. I wish there was more work available at this time and I will be more than thrilled to work again.

Awesome Company to work for

I have worked in Stantec for many years and really enjoyed the environment. Managers are very professional and friendly. Stantec appreciate talents.I worked with my managers and my staff in the best work environment I've experienced.

Pros

Great Company culture, friendly Environment, Awesome managers and staff.

Cons

in any basket you can find bad fruits.

Honesty

It was a place to work….not a recommended one, They treated people unfairly, fired people for no reason at all. Leadership had no idea what they were doing.Very messy and irresponsible. Space is fair though and location is near good restaurants.

Pros

Restaurant outside of work

Cons

Everything especially management

Great people to work with. Feels like a family!

Overall wonderful place to work. Coworkers are wonderful felt like a family together. Management is supportive as well. Loved organizing the company events, BBQ’s, United Way, Kids Ability and so many other events. Management supports further growth and training. Yes the ping pong table was enjoyable as well as the lunch time card games, volleyball and the bicycles we could use!

Pros

Coworkers.

Great Place to work

I was there for a couple years. learned a lot, got promoted. Loved the work. Could have been trained a little more for the second job, but nothing too serious. Overall great place.

Great design firm/Corp Culture

loved working here, was in FAS for 5 years as a collection/credit specialist, AR. Great culture, corp and people. Great information system and overall corp support. Not a stressful environment. Good collaboration and opportunities for all.

Toxic workplace

The overall workplace was toxic - starting from leadership teams although you'll find some great peers to work with. Very limited opportunities for growth and advancement and you're only as good as your last project. Salary is not competitive. You can also expect to work long hours and be over worked until you burn out and are eventually forced to leave.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Long hours and overworked

Je me suis senti comme un numéro

Gros roulement d'employés et mauvaise gestion du bien-être de ceux-ci.. Personnel pas très sympathique à mon égard. Placent des gens sur des projets comme une agence de placement (ne pas travailler directement pour l'entreprise mais souvent pour l'un de leurs client lié au projet)Beaucoup de formations (souvent inutiles) qui prennent trop de temps dans nos horaires et il faut compenser pour ses heures manquées.Les employés ne se connaissent pas beaucoup étant tous sur des projets differents.

Pros

Bons avantages sociaux et bons salaires

Cons

Pas un bon endroit si on cherche l'esprit convivial et d'equipe

Jobs at Stantec

See more jobs

Organized and Respectful

Stantec is a well organized firm with a fairly rigid management structure. It is a consulting engineering firm and so constantly struggles with selling a project for fees that do not necessarily have sufficient contingency for when a job becomes more complex than anticipated, but they also know how to seek change orders. It is a fast paced intense work environment, but they care about their employees (ergonomic workstation assessments, staff events, employee review processes). This is a good firm to grow in.

Pros

Well managed respectful of employees

Cons

Wage growth after entry is quite restrictive and you must advocate for your fair salary.

Cool place to work. You get to learn a lot. Management is pretty helpful

Working at Stantec was a good experience given the fact that the company is a world renowned engineering company, however the job culture in the department I worked in wasn’t the best, I felt like my peers as well as manager was not up to date with current working trends, there was not much collaboration going on and I excel best in a team environment.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Slow paced, boring environment

Not a good team environement

It really depends what project manager you work with. Some project mangers are extremely helpful in teaching you and advancing your careers. Mine was not. Other members of my team trained me. They would pass on tasks they'd been assigned. The teams main project manager rarely assigned me tasks. Would tell me I needed to find work to do on my own. But when I asked if I could do any tasks, I would be told not to. Therefore, I would often be forced to use vacation time and be sent home, while other team members were working overtime. I was not ever kept in the loop of what was happening on our projects. It felt like a popularity contest.

Pros

Foosball table

Cons

Poor Management, assignment of work

Good company to work for.

I had great time working for Stantec, and was able to grow within my team and company. Great perks and benefits. Though I wish they paid little better.

Every review I received from current employees was - they are not paid adequately An awful workplace culture and top down management system of stagnant employee and office enthusiasm

Good Job for Experience

I worked at Stantec for about a year. When the covid pandemic hit, I got temporarily laid off, my manager had no work for me. Its a good starting job, good training. As for management, the manager was very bad at communicating with their employees and would never have team meeting or plan something outside of work with the team. As for salary, they don’t pay nearly as much as you should be.

Pros

Free coffee, nice coworkers.

Cons

Bad management, poor salary

It is a great company for their managers not beginners.

It is a well-organized company designed to benefit the managers and explode the beginners. Generally your growth is dependent on your direct manager attitude. What I said is for Markham office.

Pros

Chance to be involved in big projects

Cons

No promotion, low income

Stantec is a great place to work.

I have worked for Stantec a few times over the course of 10 years. The people are friendly, knowledgeable and dedicated. The management treat everyone fairly and treat consultants and staff equally. They do their best to keep the best team available for their clients and use staff and consultants to build that team. As a consultant, I try to work at Stantec every opportunity I get.

Pros

Excellent work environment, competative pay, strong client list.

Cons

They will choose staff over consultants for certain roles.

Great working experience

Nice and best home office work environment all over Canada, worked from home during Covid-19. Excellent Field Execution Team. Very responsible and professional work team.

Le travail au sain de l'entreprise est agréable

Le travail au sain de l'entreprise est agréable, bonne collaboration avec les collègues et le management. Bonne réactivité du management avec la covide-19.

Pros

collaboration des collègues

Cons

salaire moyen

Excellent for those willing to advance

Stantec has an excellent team mentality culture. People are always willing to help one another despite many commitments and an overall fast paced environment. The chargeable hours and time cards keeps people accountable for their time and productivity which is both a motivating factor but can also be a burden. You quickly find out if your personality and work ethic suits the service-based engineering consulting work. You are respected as professionals and not micromanaged, but everyone is accountable for their work. There is equal pressure to complete engineering projects “right” as it is to finish on budget which can be frustrating and an added stress for project managers and staff. Expect to work on many projects concurrently and flip gears at the drop of a hat. This is the reality of most large consulting engineering firms; however Stantec is one of the better workplaces. The people are excellent, a wonderful work place environment, room for advancement, and will always be something to learn given the diversity of projects. The biggest downfall is the work-life balance since it is certainly not for everyone. Highly recommended for those motivated to learn, grow and shape their careers. Our group has excellent management which may differ from other groups.

Pros

People, collaboration, growth, experience, salary

Cons

Work-life balance, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement