Stantec
Information from Stantec:

Stantec Employee Reviews for Project Coordinator

Project Coordinator8 reviews
Canada8 reviews
There are many good people at Stantec who try to make this a great place to work. The social committee works hard to bring all kinds of events to the office (beach volleyball, pingpong tournaments, chilli days, etc). However the company has grown significantly over the past 5 years and what was once a small, integrated, friendly office has turned into a conglomerate business who only seems to care about the bottom line. Executive management places so much weight on filling out forms and reporting that middle management is left with very little time to manage their projects and team members. Junior staff are left without a lot of guidance to flounder in figuring out the business and management's expectations.
It was a horrible place to work. They treated people unfairly, fired people for no reason at all - called it a reorg. Leadership had no idea what they were doing.
Stantec is an incredible company with incredible opportunities. There are many sectors within Stantec, so your advancement or management is dependent on the business line you are a part of. Overall, I would recommend an opportunity with Stantec. Compared to other companies in the same industry Stantec seems to pay low-medium, but the experience is worth it. I am happy to have been a past employee of Stantec.
I was hired by Stantec due to the request from EPCOR. Once my services were not required at EPCOR, I went back to Stantec. Unfortunately the Oil and Gas industry took an unexpected turn. Stantec can no longer keep me because of the cancellation of many projects related to the Oil and Gas industry.
Management is supportive to the employees.
There is lot of interaction with different divisions of the company which provided a wide scope for gaining experience in the different field of work the company have to offer.
Stantec is diverse. Stantec is very involved in growing as a company. There is a great work place culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships with co workers.
Usually busy day assisting project manager.
There have been some valuable knowledge on pipeline engineering and management that I learned.

Good relation wit co-workers who are friendly.

Hardest part of the job is to constantly dealing with unplanned changes.

being able to achieve greats results despite constant changes in design factor.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
advancement opportunity
Stantec operates in a highly structured and disciplined environment with tight dead lines. Management is fairly reasonable but some of them require coaching on how they relate to employees. Co-workers are excellent by and large with the odd exception. The hardest part of the job is work/life balance, depending upon deadlines you are up against it can be very stressful. Pay and benefits were very reasonable and the most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment when a project was completed successfully.
Pros
Decent work atmosphere with all required admin support
Cons
Stress to get jobs completed on time and on budget
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stantec?