Stantec
Information from Stantec:

Stantec Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant15 reviews
Canada15 reviews
There is a change in the culture on the company wherein other company cultures has invaded. It is no longer what it used to be. People do not come first anymore.
This was a wonderful company to learn all my Administration education from. Staff was wonderful and I had many different jobs to do. I enjoyed my work day and the people around me.
This was a confusing place to work. I found that I was often told things that were not true, ranging from small to large. An example of a small thing was being told repeatedly that I would be getting two monitors but then that got switched to one. An example of a larger mistruth was being told "there is a lot of work here." One day I showed up to work and they told me I was switching teams and before I knew it I got called into the "big boss" office. He terminated my contract on the spot (harshly) telling me "there is no work here." I felt they could have been nicer to me by being more upfront about things, instead of creating all of this confusion that left me hanging.
Pros
Great pay, nice office, good training
Cons
Confusing place to work, lack of respect
Was hired on with all kinds of promises of advancement opportunities. Statements such as this is a global company so there are relocation opportunities as well were used. Showed up to work Monday morning after a year and was told I no longer was employed. No warning, no explanation.
Pros
Big company
Cons
bad management
This place lost its soul. It's driven by the bottom line and not by caring for the welfare of its people. I appreciate everything I've learned from them.
Loved working for Stantec, great people, lots of great perks for the staff. I would have loved to stay working there except for the downsizing of the departments so thought it was time to look for another job.
I came to work ready to work. I learned a basic knowledge of their computer programs. I enjoyed being kept busy during my shifts, and keeping the files organised. Deciphering the handwritten letters from management in order to type them into Word programs.
Pros
Learning about how land surveying works
Do not recommend this organization for someone looking for a positive work environment
-No job security creating undue stress on employees as they are constantly let go on a weekly basis

-Remaining employees obtain additional work load with no pay increase and continue to face uncerainty (job loss can occur at anytime)

-Pay freezes for 3 years with staff already being underpaid

-Forced office closure that is unpaid

-Improper systems in place lacking control

-Good work life balance

-Decent benefits

-Pay is not good or bad, slightly below average

-Poor Management in place, do not know how to coach and mentor employees
Pros
Good work life balance, decent benefits
Cons
Job Uncertainty, pay freezes, poor management
Great place to work, started out as file clerk and climbed to an executive administrative assistant to VP of Human Resources
Good starter position when getting out of university and in to an administrative position. Great for Engineers and Architects.
Management cares about employees. People are awesome. Office morale is great. Salary is good. Work duties are consistent with skills.
I love the people I work with as many of us came from Cimarron Engineering prior to being acquired. I greet everyone with a great big hello and smile. My day consists of supervising the administrative team and produce deliverables for project services oil & gas engineering.
it was fun
It was very friendly

but it have no job security

•a typical day at work

•what you learned

•management

•your co-workers

•the hardest part of the job

•the most enjoyable part of the job
I worked for Stantec for 8 years. Enjoyed my job very much. Raise every year. 400+ employees, with offices all over the world.
Pros
winter gala every january, raise every year.
• Data entry for the vegetation and wildlife departments
• Re-organized the company library

• Editing and compiling reports

• Summarizing expenses for the accounting department

• Worked on projects as a part of a team
Pros
the people
Cons
lots of overtime