Stantec
Stantec Employee Review

Good people, badly managed

9 December 2019
My coworkers were great to work with, but management has problems getting and keeping work. The work-life balance can be stressful, with managers saying "no pressure to work overtime, but this deadline is coming up fast" and when there is a shortage of work, there is so much pressure to be productive in other ways.
13 May 2020
Same role
Structural Engineer In Training (Former Employee) - Regina, SK
Amazing supervisor, Good work life balance and good projects. being my first job out of school i enjoyed it. I got a fair bit of on site experience which is important as a civil engineer
13 February 2017
Same role
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN.
4 October 2019
Same location
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) - Saskatoon, SK
Hired as Project Controls to build the BHP Potash Mine East of Saskatoon. The 5 year contract was cancelled due to the slow progress of the shaft development by other contractor. When construction was suspended, Stantec terminated the services of all 41 of its employees working on the site.