Stantec

Stantec Employee Reviews

I worked at Stantec for about a year. When the covid pandemic hit, I got temporarily laid off, my manager had no work for me. Its a good starting job, good training. As for management, the manager was very bad at communicating with their employees and would never have team meeting or plan something outside of work with the team. As for salary, they don’t pay nearly as much as you should be.
Pros
Free coffee, nice coworkers.
Cons
Bad management, poor salary
I had great time working for Stantec, and was able to grow within my team and company. Great perks and benefits. Though I wish they paid little better.
Every review I received from current employees was - they are not paid adequately An awful workplace culture and top down management system of stagnant employee and office enthusiasm
It is a well-organized company designed to benefit the managers and explode the beginners. Generally your growth is dependent on your direct manager attitude. What I said is for Markham office.
Pros
Chance to be involved in big projects
Cons
No promotion, low income
I have worked for Stantec a few times over the course of 10 years. The people are friendly, knowledgeable and dedicated. The management treat everyone fairly and treat consultants and staff equally. They do their best to keep the best team available for their clients and use staff and consultants to build that team. As a consultant, I try to work at Stantec every opportunity I get.
Pros
Excellent work environment, competative pay, strong client list.
Cons
They will choose staff over consultants for certain roles.
Nice and best home office work environment all over Canada, worked from home during Covid-19. Excellent Field Execution Team. Very responsible and professional work team.
Le travail au sain de l'entreprise est agréable, bonne collaboration avec les collègues et le management. Bonne réactivité du management avec la covide-19.
Pros
collaboration des collègues
Cons
salaire moyen
Stantec has an excellent team mentality culture. People are always willing to help one another despite many commitments and an overall fast paced environment. The chargeable hours and time cards keeps people accountable for their time and productivity which is both a motivating factor but can also be a burden. You quickly find out if your personality and work ethic suits the service-based engineering consulting work. You are respected as professionals and not micromanaged, but everyone is accountable for their work. There is equal pressure to complete engineering projects “right” as it is to finish on budget which can be frustrating and an added stress for project managers and staff. Expect to work on many projects concurrently and flip gears at the drop of a hat. This is the reality of most large consulting engineering firms; however Stantec is one of the better workplaces. The people are excellent, a wonderful work place environment, room for advancement, and will always be something to learn given the diversity of projects. The biggest downfall is the work-life balance since it is certainly not for everyone. Highly recommended for those motivated to learn, grow and shape their careers. Our group has excellent management which may differ from other groups.
Pros
People, collaboration, growth, experience, salary
Cons
Work-life balance, stressful
L'équipe du bâtiment et de l'administration étaient super. J'avais une collaboration de tous. Lorsque j'avais besoin d'aide, je trouvais les réponses facilement
The company itself as an entity is fantastic to work for. I had noticed that upper Management does whats best for the management's best interest not the employee's.
Pros
Some of the great people you could ever meet, Company functions, Pay and Benefits
Cons
Good learning opportunity Very matrixed corporate structure Some undefined processes Good tools available Questionable support from leadership Remote work available
The pay is greats really though it's the experience you recieved at Stantec! Stantec is a company that will build a great resume due to the projects that you can be involved in!
Pros
Salary is slightly above average
Cons
Assistant are always coming and going
Great workplace, good for introducing students to office environment through summer jobs. Would highly recommend to apply here if you are a university student looking for a summer job
Stantec is a corporation of many business units that do not collaborate very well when it comes to taking advantage of the benefits of the good performers versus the under performers. Example O&G is hurting now, but do not benefit from the Infrastructure Units high performances, resulting in massive O&G layoffs
Working environment are very good, team work, agile methodology and project based management system; You can have the opportunity to do different projects with different technology.
Ineffective management is entirely driven by hierarchical profit-driven company structure. Get experience, try not to get jaded and then get out, because it's a machine for protecting managers' jobs at the cost of your labor, job security and opportunity for advancement.
I learned a lot of skills that were not 100% covered in school which makes me more comfortable when I'm working in the lab or out in the field. Management is good overall, however some people could use some interpersonal skills when talking to their employees about personal matters or some work related matters. Hardest part of the job is that it can be stressful when management want reports and lab results before we can process them properly. What I enjoy the most, is being on the road going to various communities and talking to people of different culture and experience.
I found it a challenging place to work. The managers would take work, leaving not enough work for employees and they would be given credit for doing so. They would have 98% efficiency, leaving employees struggling around 50% having to use leave with out pay to fill timecards.
Lots of great people and challenging projects. Organization largely built on acquisitions creating many layers of management and difficulties in advancement.
Great place to work as a field employee, amazingly for a large company, you don't feel like just a number. I was always treated fairly, and as someone with chronic medical problems, they always were very accommodating.
Un beaux équipe de travail. Travaux bien planifié. Beaucoup de respect Des bon formations pour la sécurité des employées au travail. Des bons formations professionnels Un bon directeur du département génie civil