Stantec Consulting Employee Review

View all Stantec Consulting reviews

Excellent field work experience in the workplace
Junior Ecologist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 March 2014
This was my first time working the the field as an employee rather than as a volunteer. I always felt safe to express my concerns and felt comfortable in my work environment.

I learned how to manage my time, how to prepare for bad weather conditions, and the traveling made me a wonderful driver. Also, I become very familiar with the paperwork that needed to be done when environmental assessments are conducted.

Everyday, I was doing something different. I spent a lot of time traveling to my field work, but then also spent days in the office doing paper work.

I learned how to be responsible for myself in the setting of a large company. I learned how to do my own expenses, rent cars for myself, and what was expected in a field environment whether I was working alone or with others.

I enjoyed working with everyone at Stantec. I got to meet and collaborate people on all levels.

There weren't many aspects of this job that I found hard. I felt physically challenged in the field at times, but I enjoyed what I accomplished.

The most enjoyable part of my experience at Stantec was learning the different aspect to environmental assessments, and feeling like I was making a difference in my own community.

Overall, this position trained me to be an exceptional field worker.
Pros
Excellent working environment and a great opportunity for learning.
Cons
My expectations were met.

Other Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

stressful, competitive work environment
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sidney, BC2 April 2018
For those without morals this is a good place to work. terrible management, not very positive work environment, stressful trying to meet utilization target when low on work
Pros
a lot of smart people to learn from
Cons
terrible management
Great Co Workers
HR Service Centre Tier 2 Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2018
Co workers are great, excellent benefit package, workload extremely high, no approval for overtime, yet you can get your work done without over time. Support from leader was missing.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
not enough time to get all the work required completed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.