Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

Behind the times
Management (Former Employee) –  Canada18 May 2018
Disappointing in how their employees are treated. Given the image they put forward, you would think they would try and achieve an inward appearance that at least mimics their exterior values. As we have all been told, beauty comes from within.
Pros
Nice office, good people.
Cons
Out of date
Great workplace, wonderful people
Oracle Developer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Stantec, they offered a very good work environment and opportunity for advancement.

The offer a really good benefit program and a flexible work environment.
Stantec offers professional chgallenge and job satisfaction
Q/A Inspector and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta14 May 2018
I was quite lucky in that I worked for a great manager who inspired, supported and provided support for my remote job responsibilities. Stantec is a very professional organization and the long-term career rewards are what anyone would hope for.
Large payroll group of about 20
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2018
Payroll has a great group of employees who are fun to work with. We do group lunches, celebrate special occasions and recognize service years across the company. Payroll is across Canada, including Quebec and is quite busy.
Pros
RSP contributions
Cons
Work between Christmas and New Year for the payroll group for some of the time.
stressful, competitive work environment
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sidney, BC2 April 2018
For those without morals this is a good place to work. terrible management, not very positive work environment, stressful trying to meet utilization target when low on work
Pros
a lot of smart people to learn from
Cons
terrible management
Great Co Workers
HR Service Centre Tier 2 Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2018
Co workers are great, excellent benefit package, workload extremely high, no approval for overtime, yet you can get your work done without over time. Support from leader was missing.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
not enough time to get all the work required completed
Its fun working at stantec
Electrical, Instrumentation Designer & drafter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2018
The work place culture at stantec is excellent. The peoples are friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the stantec job is every year stantec is participating in City Co-operate chalange.
Positive place to work
Human Resource Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
5 years in and this is hands down the best place I have ever worked. The leadership is more than fair, and flexible. The people are awesome and friendly.
Good Community
Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 March 2018
God community to be a part of and great management team. I enjoyed the people that I worked with. They could benefit from developing their work culture.
Great overall job.
Jr Field Inspector / Contract Administer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON28 February 2018
The best good experience I have ever had, good group of people. My project manager was always very understanding and Stantec pays for gas from driving to and from job sites, which is very beneficial, a lot of companies would not do that. Overall great job conditions.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Field conditions
A corporate world
Sr. Environmental Specialist/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 February 2018
This is a good company in general. The salary, benefits and people are great. Remote offices are difficult to work in due to a disconnect between the people and it's divisions. Utilization must be kept high in order to keep your job. The company has great structure and room for moving up the corporate latter. Business development is structure in a very corporate manner. Overall, it's a good place to gain great experiences, good connections and relationships.
Pros
Good salary, benefits and company structure
Cons
lack of work for certain offices
New Skills and Knowledge
Associate / Senior Acoustical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 February 2018
My tenure here on a contract was relatively brief and did not allow for much time to develop much in the way of new business as was apparently expected by management. Management had a vision but no mission as to developing new business
Pros
New Skills and Knowledge
Cons
Management Inattention
Hung out to Dry
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2018
This was a confusing place to work. I found that I was often told things that were not true, ranging from small to large. An example of a small thing was being told repeatedly that I would be getting two monitors but then that got switched to one. An example of a larger mistruth was being told "there is a lot of work here." One day I showed up to work and they told me I was switching teams and before I knew it I got called into the "big boss" office. He terminated my contract on the spot (harshly) telling me "there is no work here." I felt they could have been nicer to me by being more upfront about things, instead of creating all of this confusion that left me hanging.
Pros
Great pay, nice office, good training
Cons
Confusing place to work, lack of respect
Gangster paradise
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
Terrible, poor & manipulative management with rude behavior. They built cults within the studio groups. If you want to be independent and avoid politics than this company is not for you .

Most people are avoiding studio meetings. The studio directors are great manipulators, with low-ranking manager / supervisor puppets ..

The biggest employee turnover ever..... Based on the company yearly report, last year they hired 100 new staff to compensate on employee loss. And every year its same old story... Generally speaking it takes 1-3 years for new employees to leave the company .
Growth opportunities not available. Often talented individuals are forced to job-hop from one company to another in order to grow in status and compensation..
Work-life imbalance. Due to constant company restructures, you have to work longer hours and weekends just to meet deadlines.
variety of projects
technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2018
Good opportunity to work on varied projects, but have to speak up or they will keep you on the same type of accounts.
Became too large a company. started to feel like a number.
Decent benefits while i worked there
Have made some life long connections
bit of a revolving door
have to fight to be paid market value
benefits
Cons
large company.
Great environment to gain experience
Materials Tester (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 February 2018
From my experience with this company I was given the opportunity to gain experience not only within the lab but also out in the field. I would recommend Stantec as a good and safe environment to work
Good people, poor salary/benefits
IT Applications (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2018
People are great to work with but salary is low and benefits keep getting scaled back.

Management and leadership is good but doesn't know how to handle poor toxic employees (not many but painful). Management of resources is weak as they try to keep their heads above water. If you are good at something you don't like be prepared to do it for awhile.
Pros
People
Cons
Benefits, salary
Interesting place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta22 January 2018
Was hired on with all kinds of promises of advancement opportunities. Statements such as this is a global company so there are relocation opportunities as well were used. Showed up to work Monday morning after a year and was told I no longer was employed. No warning, no explanation.
Pros
Big company
Cons
bad management
stantec
Survey Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2018
A spectacular work environment that was both challenging and engaging. As a survey assistant, not only was I confronted with the challenges of surveying, but it was also necessary to interact with the public in a professional capacity, as some work was done on private residences. A great place to work.
Bad company don't go there
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2018
The worst company I have ever worked with. As soon as they lost bids on projects, they started to lay people off and kick them out in a very insulting way.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.