Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

Found 49 reviews matching the search See all 1,352 reviews
Stanley B&D
PRODUCT SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga3 December 2013
we'll a typical day for me at SB&D would start at 7 and end at 4:30. would love to elaborate but not here.

Thank You.
Great company to work
GIOS- Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Stanley Security-Mississauga23 September 2013
Stanley Black&Decker is the best place to work. The employees are great, good to get along with everyone. They treat the employee well.
Pros
Best environment and the culture to work.
Cons
Nothing to tell so far
A very fun place to work with excellent management, training, tools and team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2013
*A typical day at work would be communicating with customers, any issues that they have, resolving them but keeping in mind to stay within company's policies and guidelines. Keying orders, responding and following up on e-mails. Making sure meeting all the deadlines is very crucial. Keeping updated all the time regarding any changes within the company. Lastly staying organized and planning a head is the major success for me each day.
*I have learned many different ways of being professional, some of which are staying organized, how to plan my day, multitasking, learning how companies work on day to day basis, how to communicate with customers at all levels, and much much more.
*I think that it is very important that management is fully knowledgeable about the company its policies and procedures. Management is a big part of each firm I believe and how they present themselves is what matters and shows within the team. I've had excellent management to work with very educated about the company, understating, patient, and with excellent organizational skills.
*Co-Workers are also very important to me. To me it just makes it going to work really exciting knowing that I've got excellent co-workers to work with. Who are friendly, respectful and helpful and make the work place a really comfortable place to work in.
*Hardest part of my job I think would be sometimes situations come up where customers are so upset that they want a decision made right away for there issues. In situations like this it's had to agree with the customer on the phone, but keeping in mind that they
  more... are upset I try my best to make them satisfied that I would speak to a manager or look into the companies policy to make sure I resolve there issue as soon as possible, and also keeping in mind not to hurt any company rules and regulations. I always like to challenge myself!
*I love my job, the people I work with and dealing with customers, and internal sales field reps. I make every moment enjoyable for myself. I look at everything very positively and enjoy everything I do on daily basis at my work place.
Manager and team members are kindly, cooperated
Software Test Designer / Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2013
1. Check email and meeting.
2. Check testing system and overnight result.
3. Start today's work
4. Discussed issues with co-workers, always got useful info.
Great work enviroment
Pick and Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 January 2013
Great staff very friendly
fast paced
alot of hands on and always learning new things
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
heavy lifting
A fun and productive workplace.
Branch Administration (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2013
A fun and productive workplace. I've learned invaluable skills that I can now take with me and apply to any future employment. Advancement within the company is quite fast if one applies themself
Pros
excellent employee benefits
Loved it, but free trade took jobs away, unfortunately.
Material Handler, Black and Decker Mfg, Brockville (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON21 November 2012
Enjoyed working there, if you were a worker, not afraid to go the extra mile, you were treated with respect. Was like one big family for the most part, and 95% of everybody got along pretty well. Learned so much, got a forklift operators license, and moved into so-called man jobs. Fair place to work as long as you proved yourself.
I enjoyed doing the work as well as working with others.
Electro-Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kanata,Ont11 March 2012
The company was focused on presenting products that were suitable for the market place.
Pros
free lunches