Stanley Black & Decker Management reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 1,424 reviews
Productive yet relaxed environment with a Lunch area and many events
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Decker, MB5 October 2018
I worked here all through my College years, and looking back it was a great place to work with a wholesome community and excellent management. I would work here again.
Pros
Good people, free tools, free lunches
Cons
Shift is 6-2 or 2-11
they demand loyalty from their employees but when it comes to loyalty from the company to their employees they do not know how to correspond in kind,
Draftsman / Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CA27 April 2017
a typical day at work was continuing with anything that was not completed the day before, or checking with the supervisor for the next project, at black & Decker the drafter were confined to doing drafting, so did not learn anything (I already knew Mechanical Drafting) aside from my supervisor I had no contact with management, the work culture is great because they give the support needed
Pros
yearly picnic, Team Building activities
Cons
long hours when a project had to be done by a certain date
Inbound Logistics (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2016
Cool company to work for. Good management. Organized and clean environment. Offered opportunity for advancement such as forklift/ reach training. Well organized inventory system. Everyone is pretty friendly and willing to help new people learn.
Pros
Overall decent place to work
Cons
Becoming more strict
Great place to work with a poor management
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2016
I worked here for three months. Apart from the management, The staff were great and helpful. If it weren't for the managment then I would definitely recommend anyone to apply there. I learned a lot being a product specialist dealing with customers as well as learning different systems such as SAP to view stocks and cash out customers.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Job Security
Overall Good Work Experience
Multiple positions (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 September 2016
I learned a lot of transferable skills such as communication, time management, mentoring and leadership as well as hard skills like Warehouse management system, RF scanning technology. Co-workers are fun and friendly. Very Multi-cultural environment! Hardest part is commute. Most enjoyable part: being able to work in a positive environment (most of the time) music is often allowed. Management is wishy washy, too many people trying to be or act like management as well mixed messages get sent. Communication on that level is not that great.
Pros
Provided free lunches, and incentives for doing OT (even above the pay)
Cons
day shift is very early for a commuter, punch clock system.
Satisfactory at best
Canadian Finance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2016
The Mississauga head office is generally a so-so place to work at.

Pros include decent co-workers, compensation generally in-line with the market and a brand name that external companies recognize

Cons are a bit longer....
-Incredibly incompetent senior management team, specifically in the Canadian finance department with top management generally clueless about even the simplest of finance concepts, along with top management clearly playing favourites (ignoring everyone else)
-US counterparts can be a handful to deal with
-General lack of direction/motivation/long-term vision within the organization...seems to be a month by month operation (strat plan is a joke)
-Forget about career progression here; company is pretty lean and has not been growing notably for a number of years (layoffs, on the other hand, happen on a fairly regular basis)

Long story short, I don't regret my time here but I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone who is competent and has the ability to look for something better at a more dynamic organization.
great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2016
Great environment to work in.
Great team work and management.
It was definitely a place that I was looking forward to retiring with.
your efforts and great work were always recognized.
Wish there were more room for advancement
had fun on night shift
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON31 October 2014
Good work place
management was helpfull on the shift
co-workers where helpfull
An energetic, safe environment in which to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On21 May 2014
A company that had periodic and regular corporate and division information sessions between management and staff. Annual confidential performance review between staff and management with open input and dialogue. Health and safety of staff is key. Staff work together as teams of friends supporting each other for the success of projects.
very productive with a great management team
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2014
shipments come in early in the morning and we are given the purchase orders to receive the shipment.

I've learned to maintain focus at all times at a fast paced work place.

Our management team is great. They allow us to work independently.

Coworkers can be challenging at times, but in general, they are great workers.

Hardest part of the job is giving 110% for a low income wage.

The most enjoyable part is knowing at the end of the shift that I've done an excellent job.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
low wages
Great company to work
GIOS- Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Stanley Security-Mississauga23 September 2013
Stanley Black&Decker is the best place to work. The employees are great, good to get along with everyone. They treat the employee well.
Pros
Best environment and the culture to work.
Cons
Nothing to tell so far
A very fun place to work with excellent management, training, tools and team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2013
*A typical day at work would be communicating with customers, any issues that they have, resolving them but keeping in mind to stay within company's policies and guidelines. Keying orders, responding and following up on e-mails. Making sure meeting all the deadlines is very crucial. Keeping updated all the time regarding any changes within the company. Lastly staying organized and planning a head is the major success for me each day.
*I have learned many different ways of being professional, some of which are staying organized, how to plan my day, multitasking, learning how companies work on day to day basis, how to communicate with customers at all levels, and much much more.
*I think that it is very important that management is fully knowledgeable about the company its policies and procedures. Management is a big part of each firm I believe and how they present themselves is what matters and shows within the team. I've had excellent management to work with very educated about the company, understating, patient, and with excellent organizational skills.
*Co-Workers are also very important to me. To me it just makes it going to work really exciting knowing that I've got excellent co-workers to work with. Who are friendly, respectful and helpful and make the work place a really comfortable place to work in.
*Hardest part of my job I think would be sometimes situations come up where customers are so upset that they want a decision made right away for there issues. In situations like this it's had to agree with the customer on the phone, but keeping in mind that they
  more... are upset I try my best to make them satisfied that I would speak to a manager or look into the companies policy to make sure I resolve there issue as soon as possible, and also keeping in mind not to hurt any company rules and regulations. I always like to challenge myself!
*I love my job, the people I work with and dealing with customers, and internal sales field reps. I make every moment enjoyable for myself. I look at everything very positively and enjoy everything I do on daily basis at my work place.