StandardAero

StandardAero Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
Good company
It is a very fun place to work. Great people; helpful and team work is laudable. Good benefits. Endless things to learn if you're willing to take on more responsibilities.
Overall experience was good.
Working at StandardAero was actually not bad, it was relaxed most days but there are time it can get pretty busy. Most managers were also technicians and that helps them understand the work on the floor and how to manage a team. Work culture is really good, we had a close team where everyone communicates to each other. Work life balance was actually pretty good, you have various shifts.
Was a good profitable company but new CEO liquidated assets.
Overall it was a pleasure working in StandardAero. It gets stressful sometimes when ten-thousands of an inch tolerance must be achieved. Co-workers are working as teammates and bosses are caring for the health and safety of employees.
Laid back and relaxed workplace
I have worked at Standard Aero for almost seven years, I find the work repetitive and almost as a assembly line. I am looking for a more rewarding opportunity.
Keep looking / Do not recommend.
Morale is at an all time low in plant 6. They need to look after the employees that have been there for a long time. The Wages are the lowest in the industry. There is way too many polices. There are 100's of them..... Enough to drive you nuts. People need to work together rather than creating snags and tattling like little kids or for that matter writing another policy. Upper management does whatever they want. They need to work together with senior employees to figure out better production rather than listening to bean counters.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Way too many polices. Low wages
Great Culture
StandardAero is a great company to learn international business in and has a great culture.

StandardAero gives employees the opportunity to grow with great benefits and great leadership.
Great community
Love the people I worked with. Great community. Lots of extracurricular activities. Flexible shifts and lots of overtime available
meh
as a trainee going into an a big atmosphere like standard areo is not a fun time. Asking questions felt like it was frowned upon. like they say " theres no such thing as a stupid questions" just don't ask questions there. buncha know it alls. for the amount of work you do the pay isn't that great either .
We treat each other like family
Started as an Admin assistant then Parts Controller then Sub Contract Analyst. Learned a lot along the way from very good people who were always willing to help me improve.
Pros
bonuses and free lunches every quarter
Great Company!
Amazing place to work at, I learned a lot and had a great time with my co-workers! I had the opportunity to build an grow and learn in this amazing company.
Great working environment
Great working environment with excellent employee benefits. Cross trained in both new parts procurement, subcontract purchasing and calibration.

On-site gym and cafeteria are a bonus.
Pros
on-site gym and cafeteria, flexible hours
Cons
job security
Good workplace environment, hardworking employees
Aerospace company that's focused on growth and delivering a good product. Fast paced working environment in order to keep aircraft moving. Employees are hard working and dedicated to meet customers' requirements.
Pros
Periodic BBQ lunches and Christmas Party
excellent team driven environment
Was a fantastic environment to learn and grow out of school. Supportive mentors and co workers. lots of opportunity for new employees to learn and take on challenges or projects
Enjoyable Workplace
Enjoyed working there, company culture was inclusive, Management willing to listen. Most enjoyable part of the job was leeway to make decisions and assistant senior management
Decent place to work at
Flexible start time
Great people

Good place to work at until they decided to move the company to Winnipeg. Low raises unless liked by supervisor who power trips.
Productive MRO facility
I worked for the company when it was Vector Aerospace. Management was great and I enjoyed working there. Unfortunately, shortly into my first year of full-time employment, Vector was bought by StandardAero and later the facility was shut down. Naturally, morale has been low ever since. I cannot give a fair review of this workplace
Standard Aero gave me all the training a person could ask for
I Grew as a person as well as an employee I was given the opportunity to challenge myself. With Standard Aero I was basically given the freedom to express my Customer Service Skills, My computer skills, I gave Presentations I created learning logs. I felt appreciated for all the hard work I put in. I carried an afterhours phone and worked from home a lot of the time. Until one day the company was bought out, and a lot of what we did from Canada was sourced out to the USA. Because of the outsourcing the logistics team was minimized.
Pros
Logistics Team was a close knit team I didn't feel like I was going to work.
Cons
Outsourcing and Management changes brought the moral down company wide
Productive and a great place to work.
I was first an NDT Inspector; then moved into quality. Excellent training program. Good coworkers overall, some very good cell leaders/managers. The workplace culture was very good. I learnt the importance of quality. Personally, I never had any negative things to say about this employer and would highly recommend StandardAero as a great place to work.
Pros
Christmas party, excellent training program, family orinteded.
Cons
Good operations based company culture
Operations based company with great culture, but more geared for manufacturing/operations work schedule and benefits. Fantastic to work for and support for internal promotions
Pros
monthly employee/team lunches
Cons
Structured time for work
Could be more informed and active when it comes to personal development of staff. Knowing what staff do what and when would be beneficial. Winning or loosing at your career should be based on skills and effort and these things need to be noticed and acted on.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Staffing not accurately monitored
Good culture, abysmal pay
The company in years past had a small business feel. It didn't pay the best, but the structure of the company and home like feel kept people around. Lately however it feels cold and corporate. Job security is no longer a good feeling and the pay has remained poor.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor wage