Play YouTube video button
Stahl Peterbilt

Stahl Peterbilt Employee Reviews

Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2019
Great place to work, family run and look after the staff 100%. Everyone has the same goals and it shows in the awards and customer satisfaction.

Very well run in all departments always understanding and pushing staff to become the best.
Excellent Parts Department Team
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 August 2019
I have happily been employed with the Stahl Peterbilt Parts department for 8 years. This department has the best team focused atmosphere of any place I have worked. The department is friendly, and accommodating of special circumstances, and very understanding when family and home situations come up. The company does extra training in regards to communications and working within a team that has been invaluable for developing the atmosphere found at this work place. The pay and benefits are exceptional. The best part of the job is the family-like feel of working within the department. Were it not for an opportunity in an alternate field of personal interest, I would have remained employed here indefinitely, as many other parts technicians have done here. I highly recommend Stahl Peterbilt as an employer, with special emphasis of working in the Parts department if possible.
Pros
Many staff BBQ's and family style meals throughout the year
Cons
No sick days
Great people but service manager needs to change or go.
Service department (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2019
It's really too bad the service manager is not great with his employees. He is to self involved to listen to what the employees need. And could care less about making sure his team is a team. Takes credit for good things employees do. Basically says that's their job instead of thanking them. This company is very image driven and not worried about employee happiness.
Service Department
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 March 2019
Been here for nearly 7 years. Leadership was lacking but has been getting better over the last year Managment are making changes/improvements for the better. Opportunities for training and advancement. Before I wouldn’t have recommended this place but now I’m telling my buddies to come and work here.
Pros
BBQ’s in the summer, Great team atmosphere/team spirit
Cons
Wages could be better.
Grande Prairie Location
Service (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 March 2019
Service department is terrible to work for, the new management is horrible. The rest of the dealership is amazing with great staff. But strongly advise to stay away from working in the service department. They do not support the staff or tell them the truth. The harder you work the less you are appreciated. The pay is good, hours are ok, but you will have no structure from the service manager what so ever.
Pros
Pay, lunches, decent hours
Cons
Terrible management
Great Place to Work
Information Systems Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2019
Typical day consists of the usual 2nd level support tickets. Pace can be slow at times and then come in big rushes. Users are accustomed to tickets being worked\repaired immediately after placing them so it can get a bit hectic at times. Good place to expand knowledge in 3rd level support as access to servers\network is given to desktop techs. There is also projects that get assigned and worked on.

Management is good, given room to work independently and ideas\thoughts are heard and implemented easily. Verbal recognition is given on multiple occasions. Time\hours is flexible when needed. Additional training\course is paid and encouraged to continue education to keep up with technology.

Environment is very positive with a family feel. The owners are great people who appreciate and take care of employees. Multiple events\dinners at Christmas and BBQ's throughout the summer.

Overall you cannot ask for more from an employer, great place to work.
Pros
Room for growth, multiple events throughout the year, additional training covered
Best Job I've Ever Had!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2018
The owners of Stahl Peterbilt go the extra mile to make sure employees are well taken care of and the values of their family owned company trickle down into each department.

Management in my department acknowledges hard work and treats all staff with respect. The atmosphere is very positive and encourages social relationships between employees. Co-workers are genuinely happy to be here and engaged in their jobs. My job is relatively low stress and work life balance is easy to maintain.

There are many perks to make employees feel appreciated such as staff BBQs, ice cream days, and ticket draws for events, giveaways and more. I feel motivated to do a great job and work hard, as it will not go unnoticed.
Pros
Staff Appreciation, Work Life Balance
Cons
No HR Department
Amazing for Students!
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2018
The summer student position is hands down the best job someone in their undergrad could have. During the summer the student position entails: planning and cooking at customer appreciation BBQs, working front desk reception, and helping out with various administrative and accounting tasks. The management for this position is all-around amazing and extremely understanding of school/work/life balance! In the fall/winter the part time hours are excellent for balancing work and school. Working here as a student gives you real world experience in an office and helps you build important skills in a safe space that you will take with you into your career. The hours are flexible, the people are great, and I have nothing but good things to say about my experience as a summer student!
Pros
BBQs, ice cream days in the summer, friendly people, excellent management, flexible hours, and great work/life/school balance
Fun and rewarding workplace for students
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2018
This is the perfect opportunity for business and accounting students. Not only do you get experience in a business setting with the opportunity to get experience with accounting in industry, the hours are flexible and work well with full time university studies. I worked here during 3 years of my University career with no conflicts, and if something came up (like a final exam) the management team is very accommodating. The atmosphere and people you work with are great and make coming to work not feel like a chore. You end up being part of a wonderful work family and I have made many life long friends from working here. I have had the best experience here and would recommend this position for any University student who wants to work part-time.
Pros
BBQs in the summer, multiple dinners and treats around Christmas as well as working with amazing people
productive,safe team envirnment
mechanic/welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2018
really enjoyed working here.A team envirnment room for growth benefits are excellent employees are treated with respect occasional barbeques and other activities
Pros
very friendly and safe atmosphere to work
Cons
too far for me to commute
Good company to work for
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 May 2018
Work was enjoyable with a good balance among employees. \you were able to work on your own, showing initiative and allowing for advancement. Decent wages at the time.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great place to work !
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
I really cant believe what people are saying on here for reviews ! I love the atmosphere here and the management is great! When it was slow, (like all dealerships were), they still managed to keep us busy so we were not loosing out on our wages. The owners of the company are amazing people. They really reach out to all the employees and are very good keeping employees engaged at work.I have never worked for a company that treated their employees so awesome ! I love working here and will till I retire.
Pros
Christmas Party, lunches, hours
Cons
employees that are ungrateful. smh
Fun place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2018
A typical day of work at Stahl Peterbilt for me is helping customers and a ton of paperwork! Which I love! This company really comes together when needed the most! They are like my other family outside of home. I think what makes this company so great though, is that because this is a family operated business you have that family feel when you work here and having the Stahl’s work at this location is amazing. How many companies have you worked at where you got to meet the guy behind it and his family? Its not too often. Would I recommend working here, heck yes. My management for my department is so easy to speak to and don’t make me feel intimated, this has been a problem for me in the past at other jobs. And my other associates are personable as well. Now, of course I don’t get along with everyone, but its not an uncomfortable space to work in and I do put the differences aside. I am thankful to be here!
Pros
Great staff, management and owners.
Cons
The tattling on eachother over silly stuff.
Pleasure coming to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2018
Excellent workplace with incredible owners that truly care about their employees
Management encourages and rewards excellence
Best place in Edmonton to work
Great shop atmosphere
Pros
Cons
They dont own dealerships in BC
Sad to be leaving
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 December 2017
I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about the Grande Prairie Location. From my very first day the staff and management team have always been very helpful and approachable. The work atmosphere is second to none; our customers are all very easy and laid back. This is by far, the best company I have ever had the pleasure working for. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, I highly recommend working here. Sad to see my time end!
1 star is too much
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB17 November 2017
If you’re looking for a a great apprenticeship, a place where you’re respected and hard work is appreciated than I’d highly recommend you stay away from here. Stress is about the only thing you’ll take away.. Don’t think there was a day that I didn’t feel belittled or insulted by the service manager.. treated like dirt from Day one. Apprenticeship training is deplorable at best. Asked for assistance to complete an unfamiliar task and was told to “Google it”.. I’m pretty sure that isn’t how an apprenticeship works. One job I actually took some enjoyment in being let go..walking on eggshells every day is a horrible way to have to work. Always hiring. Guess there’s a reason why!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible leadership
Toxic. Lots of bullying
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2017
It used to be a good place to work. The new management in the service department is horrible. Lots of backstabbing. Employees are constantly looking over their shoulder. Good loyal people are let go on a daily basis. Service manager has no management skills other than fear tactics.
Toxic
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2017
The environment is toxic. Encouraging back stabbing and spying was put into place by the new management as a tactic to keep everyone in fear. Favoritism is rampant, and being a loyal and honest employee means nothing. Long-time staff spends their days visiting with other long-time staff while you do both their job and yours.And if you complain, well then your gone, and a new victim takes your place.
Pros
monthly BBQ, concert tickets
Cons
New management
Grande Prairie location review!
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 September 2016
Myself being a employee about to move from the Grande Prairie branch where the job is posted would like to make clear that this is by far one of the best places I have ever worked. If you are looking for a family environment, amazing people to work with and a team environment I highly recommend that this is the place to be. There is GREAT management in place on all levels, that are approachable and fair. If it wasn’t for the fact of having to relocate I would still be happy to be a part of the Grande Prairie Stahl Peterbilt Family!!
Pros
Great team enviroment!
Worse than high school
Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 August 2016
As others have said the new management is where the problem lies. The owners are wonderful people however they are too complacent to the new service manager effectively running their business into the ground. What used to feel like a big family has become a den of backstabbing and eggshell walking as you never know who is listening or if you will lose your job regardless of how proficiently you do your job. They have a system set up to be able to deal with bullying and such however most of the negative atmosphere is enacted by management themselves so employees are left with no recourse. Business has gotten quite slow and over worked front line employees are the ones who are blamed and left responsible to boost the customer base without compensation.
Pay was good several years ago but with new management there have been no increases and benefits have slowly been getting cut.
Training is nearly non-existent and what is given is a joke and has no practical use, once again with no additional compensation.
Fellow staff members are fantastic and tend to be the reason people stay, but if you are unliked by a very specific group of people your job security is never going to be there as they will do whatever they can to get rid of you.
Management is never around when needed and no proper direction is ever given so staff has a general feeling of panic as they are afraid of doing the wrong thing.
All in all I would say the compensation received isn't worth the atmosphere of fear.
Pros
Bbq, fellow staff
Cons
Management, training, atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stahl Peterbilt. Our community is ready to answer.