Stag Shop Employee Reviews

Great Management
Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
My coworkers and my management is what made me love this job. We treated each other like family. The only downfall is the pay. We sold items, put them out on display and cleaned the store as often as possible.
Pros
Management was like family, enjoyed going to work
Cons
Part time pay
Fun but Soul Destroying
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 October 2018
Stag Shop presents itself as a fun and inclusive environment. However, they will never promote employees to upper management from within and the way they handle what SHOULD be upper management duties is by sloughing it off on in-store employees - who are already overworked and underpaid.
If you want to be able to put event coordination, inventory management, B2B marketing initiatives, team management, etc. on your resume, go for it - but they will never pay you more than minimum wage.
Example - when min. wage went up to $14, they never scaled the wage for assistant managers. Assistant managers were paid the same as keyholders and part time employees... despite the extra duties.
They also expected full time managers to add an additional 6+ hours a month on outside marketing strategies... again, for no extra pay. That should have been a single position, Head Office job.
They are lazy, rude and difficult to deal with at a store level. Even if you DO coordinate an event, good luck getting the materials needed from them in time. We had to write off inventory from the store and be creative just to have something to present at events.
Also, they make everyone work during Pride. If you're not at the store, you're working the parades. That should have been a day off for their employees, considering most of them are queer'n'kinky. All they care about is the bottom line. They do not care about their people.

Only plus side; selling sex toys is fun, but it comes at the price of your soul. Better to work elsewhere.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Literally everything else.
If you are looking for a fun new experience!
Part Time/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 September 2018
It was difficult at first and ended up being a lot of fun. Unfortunately I decided to go a different route and find another job somewhere new. If you are up for working with couples, sometimes singles and the odd person to help them with spicing up there life, I would definitely get a chance to go to The Stag Shop!
Wonderful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 August 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the positive work environment and the opportunity for constant learning. With new products being designed and delivered frequently, the employer always assisted the staff with answering questions and offered suggestions on how to properly sell the items.
Management was more than accommodating to the staff. They worked with the staff to ensure the schedule reasonable and fair.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the opportunity to expand, not only my knowledge, but the customers as well. It was always rewarding to know the customer left with the product that was best suited to their needs and wants, as well as educated on care and maintenance of the product.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
slow periods
Terrible place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 July 2018
Very high turn around rate for employees.
There is a major cliquey vibe in all stores, including head office.
Management is poor, hours are even worse. Sales associates/keyholders are expected to do the managers work because managers are extremely lazy... However we are only given about 8 - 10 hours a week.
Don't waste your time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no hours, poor management, gossip, negativity
Fun and Relaxed but Very Professional.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 July 2018
At an Adult Fun Store a typical day can be assumed.
Always meeting people from every walk of life .
Constant learning.
Management is amazing

But my favorite thing is actually helping people which is not what i had expected from the job it was an amazing surprise and i'm grateful to have met and helped the people i have.
Pros
30% off
Cons
Little to No Hours
Fun place to be
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
Stag Shop is a fun place to work. Honestly. There is a lot of space for larger personalities that lend themselves to a fun, sales oriented environment.
Week Management
worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario19 April 2018
This company is super fun when you don't have to deal with management. If you want a part time job this is a fantastic option but if you want a career risky decision! Upper management has no checks and balances in place and communication is severely lacking. Upfront they look like a great option but are not a secure choice, it's a popularity contest to get ahead.
Pros
fun product to sell and great customers
Cons
lack of breaks, lack of communication, poor upper management
Low pay, Disorganized Upper Management, but Fun Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 January 2018
There is a lot of drama and gossip among management and upper management and it became a toxic atmosphere to work in. This company has a high turn over rate for anything other than corporate positions. They pay managers barely above minimum wage to be on call 24/7 and are expected to manage everything even on days off, and be able to go to work on days off even if you are out of town. Very high stress level job for everyone besides keyholders/sales staff. Expect extremely low part time hours and very high sales goals. Individually, the culture in the stores is fun, open, close-knit, educational, and non-judgemental. Most managers have barely any experience managing and some barely know how to do anything technology-related.
Pros
30-40% discount, free products
Cons
Low pay, high stress-levels, drama/gossip
Amazing customers and products, terrible management and head office.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 May 2017
I was devastated to quit my job at SS but I couldn't handle the constant pressure from head office and the lack of consistent management. I loved working with the products and meeting some amazing people/staff. But it was short-staffed, sick days/booking days off were nearly impossible, and I agree with the other reviewer that mentioned the cliquey nature of the company. I put my 150% into the job every day and sold a bunch but it still didn't seem to be good enough for HO. I made minimum wage but worked under the pressure of commission-based sales. Overall amazing experience to work at a s*x shop, but if you're looking for a secure, organized workplace with consistent management and scheduling, I'd recommend another company.
Cons
head office, management, lack of organization
Wonderful work environment and people
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 May 2017
A fun job full of fun people and experiences. Good place to grow as an individual as well as a sales team. Wonderful training program, very approachable management. All around an amazing workplace.
Energetic and employee based job
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 May 2017
The Stag Shop has been an amazing adventure and while we do get some less than comfortable situations that may arise while working in this industry, stag shops values and focus on providing a safe space has always made it a great place to work. Lots of oppertunities for advancement, great core values and they really do treat their employees with respect. In a world dominated by dark and dingy and sometimes scary environments, stag shops bright and clean store fronts and well educated employees sets them above everyone else.
Pros
Incentives, educational, bright
Cons
The odd uncomfortable customer now and then
New Store
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 January 2017
Fun environment to work in. Customers and coworkers were the most understand, open minded people. New store set up, got the opportunity to learn about merchandising.
Awful.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 November 2015
Management was ridiculously pathetic and age ranges of 20 to 23. It was a high school clique atmosphere. Pay is pathetic. Don't waste you're time.
Pros
None.
interesting job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 May 2015
Customers were always in a great mood. Fun new things to learn about. Most staff was friendly. No room for advancement. Management needs to be more involved with staff
Pros
interesting
Cons
low pay/no raises
Awful Management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On6 May 2015
Awful Management
couldnt keep their schedules correct
always changing schedules
no consideration for others
disorganized and sometimes didnt get paid correctly
hired to many people
Great place to work!
sales associate and key-holder (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 May 2015
I had so much fun at this job and was able to get so much retail experience! There are great sale incentive programs and rewards, they have high professional standards of their employees, their staff days give employees an opportunity to become experts in the products being sold in their stores and they give you holiday time. One complaint I have is not for my store manager --because she was great --but for upper management. They were pretty much non-existent in the stores. They also required employees to work alone during night shifts. Overall, I would love to work here again and I wish I didn't have to return to such a busy University program, because I'd probably still be working there!
Cons
Higher management (area) never at store
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 September 2014
You learn alot about the products and customer service. You have to hear personal stories and be comfortable talking about personal things and being open and knowledgeable with you information on products.
You Think It's Great Until You Deal with Management
Management (Former Employee) –  Hamilton ON31 July 2014
Job offers little to no security if you have health issues.
Upper management expects far too much from its underpaid and undervalued employees. Often forced to work 12 hour shifts with no coverage, no opportunity for advancement despite being qualified.
The job itself was educational and fun. Interesting customers and an easy going atmosphere. Unfortunately the head office staff are awful. I would not recommend applying for any sort of managerial position with this company.
Wonderful work culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 July 2014
My peers at Stag always made me feel welcome and included. Love the atmosphere and absolutely love the position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stag Shop. Our community is ready to answer.