Stag Shop

Stag Shop Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
If you're open and comfortable talking about bedroom life, then this job is fairly easy and fun! You have the ability to test of toys (using your hands of course, nothing dirty!), make suggestions and recommendations to customers, and update your knowledge about safe intercourse.
Straight forward training, a strong family business and the opportunity to develop your retail and customer service skills. Working alternative retail is a chance to learn how to answer difficult questions and can be very rewarding knowing you've improved someone's day when they walk out the door. Alternative retail is not a job for just anyone, but I can't recommend Stag Shop enough.
Pros
Incentives, Training Program, Coaching
Cons
N/a
The pros of this job are; the staff, the occasional cash incentives, laidback environment, and great part-time hours for students.

This is where the pros end, everything else about this company is unprofessional and childish.

1. Only management/supervisors get full-time hours.

2. Keyholders make no additional money but if you lose your key you're required to pay $300.

3. In the interview, they state you make a commission, however, you only get a commission if your store makes a goal, but employees are never told what that goal is... seems fishy/cheap.

4. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR GROWTH-seriously don't waste your time no matter what they tell you.

5. Managers and supervisors are glorified high schoolers (e.g. they make the schedule so guess who has Saturday off, gossip, change rules depending on the employee, etc.).

6. Head Office is rude, unsympathetic, unprofessional, and disorganized.

7. Head office will not provide stores in high crime/high theft areas with security. In addition, locations in small towns are still staffed with one individual despite an employee being beaten in-store (they deliberately hid this from other staff throughout the company).

8. Condone and find workplace harassment comical.

If you want to do the bare minimum at a slow pace job this is the spot for you, but if you have long term goals and like a fast pace speed probably avoid this job.
I was hired and let go within two months, they never really gave me a chance. They didnt provide proper training is was "rushed" half done or there were things I wasnt trained on. Oh let's talk about how I worked 8 hours in a store with no heat and it was -40c outside. I was set up to fail in my position from the start. They will also use you until they are done with you I.e if they have a big sale or inventory coming up they will wait to file you until they've got your helping hand with keeping the store wll staffed and .
I really enjoyed my coworkers and the atmosphere of the Stag Shop itself. It was fun and educational. Great customers most of the time. Great products, etc.

Upper management was inconsistent in methods they wanted used to sell and they were often rude. There was little room for advancement.
Management is amazing but there is not much to say for benifits or job advancement. However it's never a dull moment working in such a vibrant relaxed environment.
They treat their workers like numbers , no heart at all in this company. They need to stop spending their money stupidly on products that dont sell, instead of firing people that put their heart and soul into their job. Spent shifts by myself where I had urinated myself on many occasions waiting for customers to leave so I could lock up and use the facilities. Theft control working alone was impossible in such a big store.
Amazing job but upper and lower management are more apt to hire their friends into management positions than other qualified staff. The company gives management all the credit and ignores the day to day staff
Pros
Awesome customer base, friendly, fun!
Cons
Hours are crazy, You go from 15/week to 60/week. No consistency. Klicky management, Left alone at night to close.
Absolutely love working here, the owners are the friendliest people I know. They try really hard to make staff happy and it's a very family owned calm place to be.
Pros
staff lunches
Cons
pay isnt the best
Generally a relaxed work environment. The best part is the opportunity to learn about new products and share them with customers. The worst part is probably how short staffed the stores are usually kept. This can cause stress on part time employees who need the extra income.
Overall a great place to work. Upper management is awful though. Very much a "not my problem, just do it" kinda mentality. They have very unrealistic expectations of the staff as far as sales goals and amount of work to be done in the 3 hour shifts that are handed out.
I worked at a smaller location with a great Manager who felt she had no choice but to quit. I feel like staff tend to feel undervalued esp those who are not students and who are prospectively there to grow in the company.
Pros
Incentives for free products
Cons
Not enough hours
-huge lack of training
-underdeveloped business structure

-poor treatment of long term staff

-unrealistic and unsafe expectations of staff

-no proper breaks

-no ability to progress in the company

-the company has no understanding of work life balance

-harassment between staff and superiors

-understaffed

-no time off

-underpaid staff

would not recommend this job to anyone
Head office seems to be run by a bunch of high school girls; very cliquey atmosphere and gossip-filled. Upper management is constantly divulging personal information about managers and p/t associates to other managers.

Bonuses are measly and often unobtainable, with head office changing pay and bonus structures often to try and trick you into thinking you are getting out ahead.

Managers are expected to brainstorm, plan and execute in- and out-of-store events with little support, their own money (which is slowly, but eventually reimbursed) and their own transportation.

Great part time job *IF* your manager is a decent person.
Pros
Product knowledge, staff discounts, staff day, incentives
Cons
High expectations for such a low salary, unprofessional atmosphere, gossip
Interacting with customers is very important, as well as being open-minded and non-judgemental. Overall, I am thoroughly enjoying my employment at Stag Shop
very fun job great staff and mangement over all great work space with lots of new things to learn each day also lots of ways to advance in the company
Stag Shop has been good to me in a number of different ways and has scorned me in just as many. I've very much enjoyed what I've done there, the people I've met and much of the time I have poured into Stag, but I wouldn't necessarily stay as long as I have if I didn't have to.
Pros
Great team, flexible schedule, fun enviornment
Cons
Soul draining, useless and outdated policy
Stag Shop is fun, engaging and exciting. You learn a lot about yourself and how to be empathetic and understanding to all people. There is a serious lack of commitment to employees though. I saw too many amazing people leave due to lack of job security. Part time staff are given hardly any hours and make just minimum wage with a poor commission structure.
Pros
Fun, family oriented, attracts amazing people
Cons
No hours, no job security
This job was the biggest waste of time. Hours and pay are pathetic, especially the commission. Only 8-10 hours a week yet management pressures you to only have availability for this place and refuses to accommodate people with other jobs or school..no one can survive on 8 hours a week. Good luck trying to take a sick day or switch a shift. Management was unprofessional, incompetent and basically a teenager in an adults body. Very cliquey environment. Just an overall messed up company don’t waste your time, you’re better off working minimum wage in fast food than this place.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Everything else
This was one of most self improving jobs I have ever had. It opened my eyes to self love and made me such a confident person. Never regret working there and wish I could go back.
I love Stag Shop and think it's a wonderful store for anyone new to retail. Commission pay could definitely be better but hours and staff are great!!! Lots of good times working there.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not allowed to sit, poor commision pay