Staffworks Canada Ltd. Employee Reviews

Collaborative and fun workplace
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2018
I am given the freedom to take on more creative projects outside of my role. I enjoy being engaged in other aspects of the company as it gives me the opportunity to see the bigger picture and be part of that growth.

I am given enough direction so that I know what my goals/deadlines/objectives are, but overall this is the perfect place for someone who takes the initiative to ask questions and implement new processes. I appreciate that management is open to receiving feedback and suggestions for process improvements, and I know that my contributions are valued.

Overall the team works well together - collaborative, proactive, and open to feedback.

Hardest part of the job: slow interview days/no shows
Most enjoyable part of the job: my colleagues, and helping candidates get placed
Pros
Lovely team of people, easy to ask for and receive feedback, lots of other creative initiatives to take on
Cons
Days can be very jam-packed!
No positive vibes except for free food treats
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2018
Horrible place to work. Staff is micro-managed and not given any freedom. Processes are not in place for being in business for 17 years - very surprising.
You spend all day long on the phone like a telemarketer with no headset (ancient refurbished phones that are difficult to use).
Commissions on temp work are a joke - maybe a Starbucks coffee for a week's work?! Stay away! In fact, run!
Abusive Work Environment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2018
If I could have rated this place no stars, I would have.

Opinions:
- abusive work environment
- owner micromanages
- many issues arose and the owner did nothing about it ex. bullying, harassment

The most enjoyable part of the job were the employees.
Pros
Cons
Every Aspect
Great Company
Payroll and Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
Great place to work. Staff are friendly and professional, and you are always learning something new. The hours are good and management is always ready to help.
Pros
Great enviroment, great employees
Cons
Great place to work if you love the recruitment industry!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto18 September 2017
Great place to work while learning on the job, making money and having fun. Everyone is very easy to approach and ask questions. Beautiful location and easily accessible
Pros
Good work life balance; Great environment to work in, good coworkers. Everyone is very easy to approach and ask questions; location!
Cons
None besides Benefits after 3 months
Tight Knit, fun and productive work environment
Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
Staffworks is an employer that gives me autonomy with my job and the opportunity to make an impact. It may not (yet) have the name recognition of some of the bigger firms, but it's given me the ability to do a lot of tasks, and see the impact I can have on an entire business.

Great people as well, and terrific location.
Pros
people, ability to see your impact
Great Work Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
It's great working with such a nice group of professional people. Everyone works well together and the management team is supportive and open to new ideas.
Pros
Great Location, Casual Fridays
Great Place to Work!
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Great place to work! Great co-workers and atmosphere! My experience with Staffworks has been wonderful and I highly recommend them. 5 Stars all the way!
Awesome Place to Work!
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Great place to work, great co-workers!
My experience with Staffworks as an employee has been fantastic and I highly recommend them.
5 Stars all the way!
Excellent place to work!
Manager- Recruitment and Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
This is a great place to learn and grow. Very collaborative environment. Exceptional team to be part of. People have the opportunity to contribute and suggest new ideas. Centrally located. Great work/life balance.
Busy place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/CSR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2013
Every day is very hectic. There is always something new and/or unanticipated to complete. Thus, I have gained working knowledge of a lot of administrative and clerical tasks. I enjoy feeling needed.
Pros
Increased working knowledge
Cons
Too little hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staffworks Canada Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Staffworks Canada Ltd. Reviews by Location