Stackpole International Employee Reviews

Great culture, great people
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON8 October 2018
Stackpole is a great company to work for, I have been there for over 6 years and I love the culture and the people. Management treats us well and I enjoy coming to work each day
Pros
Culture, people, environment
Fun at work place with jolly workers
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 September 2018
I have good experience in stackpole with busy invironment.
Fast line work , loading -unloading parts , quality check for parts.
Switching work place when needed.
Helpful workers and supervisors.
Pros
Occasionally free lunch from company
Cons
Regular hours
Was fun to work in this company back in the day
N/A (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2018
This company used to be real good. Employees were well looked after but now we are just a number, worked to the bone. They don't care you have families, if they could they'd probably make you live there just to get work done. Everyone is overworked....the problem doesn't seem to have any resolution any time soon. It has been consumed with the idea of becoming "world class" that they forgot how to care for their employees.
Has become too "corporate". Whatever is "done for the employees" feels like the company was required to, not because they want to.
Pros
Some people are fun to work with
Cons
Long hours, company doesn't value their employees
Easy, good paying work, great people
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON15 September 2018
Hot during the summers, lots of overtime..
However, the supervisors are great, the employees are even better. 3 shifts, so afternoon included which is the worst, but you pretty much have your choice of shift. Very good work environment altogether. Going to miss this place
Pros
Salary, benefits, colleagues, easy work
Cons
Over 60 degrees in the summer months
productive and efficient company in the field of powder metallurgy
Metallurgist (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON7 September 2018
It's a nice company which will give you the opportunity for your professional growth if you have a strong desire to learn and prove your capability. However, it's difficult to work on the shop floor in summer as its too hot due to the running furnaces.
Pros
Highly advanced in technology and automation
Cons
Low pay scale
Typical 2nd tier Automotive plant
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON21 August 2018
Long hours, filled with temp employees, and strange management practices. Had pretty high turnover but that was 13 years ago. Working conditions were fairly good but maintenance struggled to keep everything up to par.
Pathetic
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON10 August 2018
Can not say since there guide lines will not allow truth only fiction , after a very long time this once great employer is now a joke .which is obvious to anyone who has been there beyond 5 yrs.
Pros
Not one thing
Cons
Pretty much everything
Dusty, Hot & Noisy
Manufacturing Press Set-up Technician/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2018
Very dusty due to powder metal being the primary raw material for production of parts. Noise coming from compacting presses and can be very hot during summer because of the furnaces.
5 years to get to a livable Wage
Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON4 August 2018
Awful place to work where management has absolutely no clue what is going senseless mandating is ovetime from the top down they will try to find who to blame problems on instead of focusing their energy on finding a Solution. The people you work with are good because they call all relate to the garbage experience with the company overall unless you just need a job temporarily don’t work here
Pros
Good people on the floor
Cons
Awful management and no time off
Official response from Stackpole International
7 August 2018

We are sorry that to hear that you had a negative experience. At Stackpole, we are committed to a safe and healthful workplace, fair and equitable treatment and have an open door policy fostering honest communication. We encourage every individual to raise any concerns to their local Human Resources team where it will be addressed promptly and confidentially.

Great company, great people, great place to work
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON27 July 2018
The company is growing quickly, creating lots of opportunity
Excellent benefits
Great management
Strong work ethic and communication among team members
High employee engagement
Many employee events and activities

Want to know more about Stackpole International?

Ask a question
Good team work but 50% of Supervisors do not know what their responsibilities are.
Quality Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON1 July 2018
• Machine operation/ Quality inspection for finished auto manufactured parts and ensured that they were in accordance with quality standards
Management lacks proper production planning. However there is good team work among employees.

Lack of appreciation for employees' efforts
hostile work environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON5 June 2018
i worked at stackpole for one month and was let go soon after. The people that trained me did what they were supposed to but the coworkers were very rude and not helpful to me when i was a new employee working in a factory for my first time.
Pros
constant work
Cons
long hours rude coworkers hostile environment
A temp job with minimal training
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2018
Minimal training which should be done by the supervisors is neglected. They seem to be displeased when you ask basic questions as if it’s a burden. They expect you to do things a certain way but will not train you to do things to their standards. The only time any supervisor will speak to you is when a mistake is made. Positive reinforcement does not exist. They treat you as expendable.
Pros
Overtime, benefits 50%
Cons
Long hours, dealing with difficult coworker and management, working 6 days a week. This is not permeant
productive company
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON16 May 2018
decent people and atmosphere to work in although its very hot and very dirty.... fast paced and very busy work place.... if you don't mind heat and being cover in carbon dust then its a great place to work
Work Life at Stackpole
CNC Setter/Operator (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON2 May 2018
Nothing good or bad to say about Stackpole. Only problem as of right now is that they've been mandating for the pass year and it doesn't seem like its going to stop. Also has trouble hiring for some reason.
What you learned
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON27 April 2018
I learned a lot of things while working at Stackpole. First most important thing was to manage your time properly. We need to check the required number of parts in my shifts. As the number varies everyday, we need to maintain a speed to achieve my target. Second thing was to help others. As the work is done in groups, everybody get his or her own targets. If I had completed my target, I can work slow at the last hours but I like to finish my work fast and help others to complete their targets.
Good paying company but less vacation
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 April 2018
Good paying company, eight working shift, Good management, But sometimes it not easy to change from one shift to another, and hard to get vacation schedule.
Pros
free coffee, chocolate drinks
Cons
only 10-15 days vacation a year
Productive and Great work experience
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 March 2018
I learned a lot of new things while working there. The work was busy which I enjoyed and the teamwork was great. Really enjoyed the work and the knowledge I gained working there.
Pros
Teamwork and work
Cons
Contract
Not very good
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 March 2018
job is not full time to start...speaking to people who are full time, it takes years to get in as full time. Zero job stability. minimum wage to start and training very minimal.
Pros
non
Cons
job stability
Productive and Independant
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2018
Independent work, but everything is self-taught. Culture could use some improvement, but overall very open work environment where you will succeed if you want to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stackpole International. Our community is ready to answer.

Stackpole International Reviews by Location