St. Stephen's Community House Employee Reviews

Loved the Clients!
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2018
The work itself is manageable and rewarding. The clients are super appreciative of the services offered, and there are a wide variety of services! Some workers seem to have a prejudice of some sort (encountered SWERF/TERF/classism) seeing as most of the workers come from money. I finally left after an employee harassed and outed me. Other organizations I’ve worked with have employees who are kinder and more tolerant towards coworkers. Overall, services offered are comprehensive, accessible, and valuable to the public, but the employees really can’t relate to what it’s like to be in need of these services. I still enjoyed my time regardless.
Great work environment, really fantastic staff.
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  King Edward Public School30 August 2018
It was a really great learning experience working at St. Stephans. Everyone was really amazing and helpful for everything. The supervisors where amazing and really understanding.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
shift times
Loved it!
Peer leader at civic awareness camp (Former Employee) –  5231 Yonge street17 August 2018
was a great community everyone was super kind, helpful, and supportive they helped me through so much! so much great energy there and they provide great services
Pros
super flexible
Cons
didnt have much time with them
team work valued
Intern - Ontario, Canada (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 February 2018
At St. Stephens teamwork is highly appreciated. I personally believe that without teamwork we are bound to fail. Everyone is highly cooperative and that is the most enjoyable party of my job.
funny co workers from time to time
Program worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
It was hard working here because clients can relate to me more because i was coming from the same community as them but staff didn't understand the benefits of having this in a co-worker.
Pros
got to meet some good people
Wonderful place to work
Executive Assistant,Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto23 September 2015
This was a temporary to permanent position. I was offered the position but turned it down for another position. The day would be filled with minute taking, calendar management, daily communication with nine unit directors. Assisting board members. Assisting marketing in their events and invitations. Attending events for registration and welcoming government officials and honored guests. I learned that everyone in life is important, no matter where they come from or their financial position. Management was amazing; working as a team is so important to them. Valuing their employees and supporting when needed. The hardest part of this job was the commute from Brampton to Toronto. I enjoyed every moment of the day, it was busy and demanding yet you knew you were a valued part of the equation.
Pros
Working with people with a passion for what they do.
Cons
The commute from Brampton to Toronto (College & Spadina)
Proactive Coworker
Early Childhood Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON.9 September 2015
It is a very enjoyable place to work. The various ethnicities allow for learning experiencies in different cultures. My coworkers are great people to work with and are very helpful when a new employee is hired. They make it easy for both children and parents to adapt to the centre.
Fun environment. Great staff
Assist teachers (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2014
I am Happy working here, i love my co workers. I have a great relationship with the supervisor she is amazing. Only downfall I have is I am working only part time here. And I am currently seeking a full time position.
Pros
great satff
Cons
Only part time hours
Great educational and fun work place
Drug Peer Leader/ Drug Educator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2014
St Stephens has become a home away from home with great caring staff and a wonderful atmosphere.
Conflict Resolution Specialist
Mediatior (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2014
There are several ways to solve problems volunteering at this organization provided me with and alternative means of resolving conflict.

Staff is informative and friendly willing and open to teach

Provided a work environment that was supportive
great learning environment
Conflict Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  downtown11 July 2013
Working at St Stephens House was informative and educational It provided me with the skills required to problem solve but more importantly it gave me the insight to assist people to solve their problems themselves
Amazing Work environemt
Summer Job Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2013
I loved working at St. Stephens because the staff here was very supportive and helpful
Pros
got to do differetn things
Cons
job was only for the summer