St. Paul Abilities Network Employee Reviews

Zero Cooperation and No sense of leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB7 July 2019
Front line staff and supervisors are not appreciated enough within this agency. The amount of negativity and gossips within the upper management is outrageous. If you think outside the box you get in trouble for it, if you stay inside your box you’re not contributing enough. Either way you don’t win and there’s no room to advanced. Many front line staff are interested in becoming supervisors but immediately turned down by management before given the chance to prove themselves.
Clients are no longer the number one priority right from the top.
It’s sad to see the agency only cares about the funding.
Pros
Frontline staff are hard working.
Cons
Lack of leadership, cliquey, gossip, no room to grow
Great place to work!
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB14 June 2019
Worked there for several years. Many educational and advancement opportunities.
The workplace culture is amazing. They recognize their employee's efforts and celebrate their successes. I was very proud to be a part of such a dynamic team. Innovation is at the fore front with this organization.
Always felt supported. They were very understanding if I needed time off for family emergencies or my own health.
I've had many, many rewarding experiences working at SPAN. I was made to feel that I had made a difference in the lives of the people we supported. I would recommend working there if you are looking for a rewarding and meaningful career.
Pros
Large and diverse agency, good benefits, lots of opportunities
So much opportunity
Home living Supports Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, AB22 September 2018
Been working here for over 15 years and started off in frontline. Had so many opportunities to learn, grow and experience different programs (as there are many). My position within the agency grew along with me. This place can be like a second family.
Pros
Great benefits, paid trainings, opportunities to advance
Cons
need to have a strong work/life balance
Clients are number one priority
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St Paul10 September 2018
SPAN is a great agency with lots of opportunity for people who have education and a desire to work in a team. worked at SPAN for several years and had lots of chances for advancement. Management is always offering upgrading and education, you just have to take it, then you get offers to move up. Clients are number 1 for them.
Pros
staff council, social club, educational opportunities, high standards
Cons
busy days, no complaints. got good refernences.
Good place for long-term career minded job-seekers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Office30 August 2018
I've worked for a number of reputable organizations and agencies over the past 15 years, and I must say that this agency offers a lot of opportunities for those seeking long term lateral and vertical career growth. The agency’s program portfolio is very comprehensive and with a constant focus on innovation through people development. The team is surprisingly diverse, especially for a rural organization, and the tenured leadership team is quite progressive in approach. For job seekers looking to accelerate their careers with a well established, reputed rural employer, this agency is well worth the look.
Pros
Diverse training program and work culture
Cons
Large organization in rural setting
Amazing place to work and volunteer.
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, AB27 July 2018
This company is absolutely amazing.
Great support from management.
They offer great benefit. Retirement saving plans.
They are amazingly understanding about any situation.
They support team work and encourage all staff to bring any issues forward so they can be addressed.
The agency itself has an ideology on person centered goals for both the clients and the staff.
There is tremendous room for growth.
The agency helps you become a professional by putting you through training courses and other education opportunities.
Pros
Great hours. Great people. Very professional
No Standards!
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB28 May 2018
management doesn't care about the staff and only think about their profits. there is no growth and development since they would ALWAYS dictate you whether your frontline staff or leader. management has no knowledge of what their doing. so dont bother applying unless you're desperate. people there are fraud and corrupt!
Pros
easy money! free food.
Cons
not a healthy workplace. toxic mentality. better watchout for the management!
Room to grow
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB2 May 2018
There is no two days the same. It can be a fast paced environment at times. I have had opportunities for advancement and continued education! I truly enjoy my job. I like working as a team and there is always the opportunity to try something new. St. Paul Abilities Network serves a lot of people with disabilities in a variety of capacities. I truly enjoy my job, culture and work environment !!
Pros
the individuals, coworkers, benifits, holiday pay and advancemet opprotunities
Terrible.
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Paul27 March 2018
Management terrible, don’t care about the staff. If you quit they don’t give references. Raises don’t bother asking cause they don’t give them, worked there over a year and there excuse for no raises is they don’t have money. They got money to build the big hotel at the other end of town tho.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Maybe with new Management from the top down.
Enjoyed working with the clients.
Rehabilitation Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB1 February 2016
I enjoyed working with the different clients and working with different disabilities.

The management was something to be desired as they didn't care about the clients and only cared about the all mighty dollar.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Management issues
very poorly ran, no chance for advancement
Outreach Services Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, Alberta11 February 2013
Clients were amazing , but supervisors and directors suffered god complexs