St. Michael's Hospital

St. Michael's Hospital Employee Reviews

Very stressful work environment. Evil HR representatives, bully manager (he is no longer there) and team leader at Medical Imaging Ultrasound department. Team leader discriminates employees, lots of micromanagement, favouritism and targeting. HR is not supportive, they are part of the bullying/mobbing group. Employees are treated unfairly. Many great employees left. Not a safe workplace for emotional, mental health.
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
Discrimination, bullying, employees are not treated fairly
St. Michaels Hospital has been a wonderful experience for me. They have a strong supportive commitment to there employees. They are leaders in the community. They are a great Hospital.
Management never treated me fairly, working nights there is hardly any bonus pay. Ergonomics are non-exist and led to my chronic back pain. They forced my return to work to quickly even though I was on pain medication and to make matters worse the manager disclosed this personal information in an email to all staff breaking confidentiality rules. This caused a major flare up and in herniating my L5/S1 disc after which I experienced permanent nerve damage stemming from the S1 nerve root and required multiple treatments and surgeries to address the issues. I never got the support I needed in order to return to work in a healthy environment.
Pros
Cons
Biased management, poor ergonomics, no advancement opportunities or biased by management, bad pay, manager of the pharmacy department is perhaps the worst communicator I’ve met.
Lot's of learning opportunities - new technologies, team dynamics change, processes are developed. Need to be prepared to be agile, open minded and eager to learn. great place to start your career.
Pros
Learning a lot
Cons
Life-Work Balance is not there
It was very nice working there. Very professional and amazing work place Culture. There is a lot of growth within this hospital. Always patient focused.
St. Michael's Hospital critical care unit awesome. There is teamwork and collaborations amongst the team. There is good learning and we take care of the the sickiest patients in Ontario.
It was nice working at St. Michael’s hospital here in Milwaukee Wi I learned a lot about caring for people and the different personalities of them, the staff was very knowledgeable about the care and needs of their patients also their training and customer service was excellent. If they had not torn it down I may still be there.
if you want to earn more experience,come and work with St.Michael's Hospital. People are friend and willing to help. Professional workplace can help you improve yourself in the field that you chose
supportive management. management protect their staffs. salary is fair enough. not a stressful company to work with. lots of learning to earn while working with them
Some people slack on their work. They come from previous job only to sleep on the next job. And when they wake up. They push the other person to meet up from the work they slacked on.
The co-workers were supportive and willing to teach. The management was not flexible with shift exchange. It's hard to get a day off. In general the atmosphere is good.
Worked there for over 15 years. Enjoyed every day. Loved the atmosphere. Hated to leave. management there was great Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Different departments displayed different levels of competency. There was no consistent approach to front line processes and standards of practice. Often hospital leaders let other groups influence how care was delivered.
Love working with and talking to good people and my job was very easy.
I worked from 10pm to 7am and it worked out for me just fine at that time.. I did end up having a miscarriage unexpectedly and did not know I was pregnant. I became a little depressed and could not continue working for the company.
Fast pace job I ordered the drugs and dispense them for the anesthesiologist and this job come with a lot of responsibility and I loved it spent 21 years there loved my job and the people there retired in 2019
I enjoy the team I work with and most of the management staff make themselves available when you need them. They encourage you to use the chain of command and someone always gets back to you in a timely manner. The individuals are a pleasure to be around. The job is not always easy however it can be very rewarding. You have to be willing to put the work in and be a team player.
If your face dosent fit you have no chance .they will eat you alive .an others thing you won't be working for the nhs. You will be working for mighty.who are really a construction company. An they don't have a clue .please get in touch if you need to no more
Pros
Cons
You think your working for the nhs when realy your working for a private company
Its a free of charge volunteer position in St. Michaels Hospital, where I supporting males with mental health problems by speaking to them, listening they needs.
N/A nothing to add , was a hard job moving from ward to ward covering fro. Sick and holidays

A.hard place to.work and constantly on your feet all day every day
Very busy a lot of time required. Very good patient care. Nurses care for their patients to the highest standard and always make sure that they are comfortable
They take advantage and you give them your all . They also let officers hit they employees . That’s against all rules and laws . They are the worst in security .