St. Michael's Hospital

St. Michael's Hospital Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

3.8Job Security & Advancement
Productive and multicultural place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2016
Typical day at work is to check all the temperatures, prepare QC's and disinfect benches.
I learned to multitask all the time and be sharp in listening the the environment. The management always have a huddle group every 9 am for 5 minutes to gather all the staffs and give updates if there are problems occur in each department. All the co-workers are friendly, nice and willing to help and to listen if someone has questions. The hardest part of the job is when a staff call sick, and that means double workloads to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone cheering each other and give a few seconds to joke around in the middle of work just to ease the workload tensions in order to boost the energy's atmosphere. It works like magic!
Pros
benefits
Cons
short hours
St. Micheals Hospital
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
St. Micheal's Hospital live up to its values of excellent healthcare and management. When working my placement as a MLA in various labs at St. Micheal's, it gave me a lot of knowledge and professionalism that I would not otherwise have received.
On a typical day I would prepare reagents, accession patient specimens, set up various test procedures, maintain and run the analyzers, ect. The management and staff were exceptional and had extreme detail to all processes. I am thankful for the opportunity to have had my placement at St. Micheal's Hospital.
Fun Place to work
Internship (Medical Laboratory Technician) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2015
Excellent work environment and co-workers, This was my Internship as Medical Laboratory Technician from College. A typical day at work Starts at 8am till 4pm.