St. Michael's Hospital

St. Michael's Hospital Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

n/a
Administrative Assistant - Physician Obs/Gyne (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2020
It is a daily challenge, tired of the long commute from home to work and back again.It is a large company but not much advancement for employees. Pay has been the same for over 7 years now.
loved working there
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2019
its a wonderful place to work full of endless possibilities.

if i didn't live so far away now i would still be working there,

made wonderful memories there and long time friends
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2019
Great place to work. Most people are crossed trained in both phlebotomy and Core Lab. There are 3 shifts. Day, evening and night shifts. In-patient as well as out-patient.
A wonderful and fantastic opportunity to work here
Management Resident, Internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2019
Very invigorating place to work. Lots of learning and challenge. Dynamic environment and super workplace culture - inclusive and enjoyable. Definitely a place I would love to work at again.
Productive and Caring
Echocardiography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2019
St. Michael Hospital is known for Toronto's best acute care hospital, which carries many different interesting clinical cases with huge learning opportunities. Staff and colleagues bear St. Michael's vision and mission and they are caring, not only to patients, but also with each other.
Exciting and Productive work environment
Logistics & Procurement Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2019
A typical day consisted of at least 2 site evals and meetings with other department heads. Followed by phone calls to vendors and a few hours of emailing and paperwork.
Very satisfying
PSA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2019
I was very greatful for the opportunity to have worked for St Michael's hospital, I learned a great deal regarding patient care.
I am very confident that I can be an asset to any team that hires me, because of my experience and confidence
Student Placement
Medical Office Administrator (Student) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2019
Overall, I had a great learning experience when I did my 150 hours placement at St. Michael's hospital. Most of the staff were very welcoming, willing to teach and guide me with all my assignments. The team was just a great pleasure to work with.
Excellent place to work at - family oriented atmosphere
Admin Assist - Physician - Therapeutic Endoscopy (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2019
Staff is a pleasure to work with. Hospital setting is excellent. Cafeteria has ample food varieties to choose from. Parking can become challenging at times but actual work environment is very good. Management and Directors are fair and there is ample room for advancement with any position in hospital.
I have a great time working at St. Michael's Hospital
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  30 Bond Street East. Toronto, Ontario8 September 2019
It was a great organization to work. The staff were very friendly. As a personal support worker i did work with Nurses, Doctors. X-Ray technicians, Laboratory technician, Pharmacy staff, Social workers, Physiotherapist, House keeping and other professionals worked as a team for one specific goal. Mostly i worked in emergency department where very sick patients are seen at the beginning before they were assigned to the room. We also received causality patients from all over Ontario as St. Michael's hospital is the regional trauma center. Depending on the level of trauma. sometimes it was very stressful.
Pros
No Free Lunch
Cons
I worked 12 hours Shift
Good Management, Things move slow
Independent Contractor, Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2019
Responsive and supportive principle investigator. Upper management are clinicians. Things tend to move on the slower side. Many opportunities for career growth and professional development.
Pros
Good Career Network
Cons
Independent contractor, no benefits
High-paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2019
Overall a good workplace with excellent benefits. Multi-tasking abilities is a must have. Great feeling to be helping clients that truly appreciate one's efforts.
Great place to. Good morals and ethics
Admin Assistant Manager/Coordinator (Promotion) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2019
Amazing place to work. Great people. Great ethics and morals. I would recommend working here to anyone. St. Michael's has an amazing benefit package and they are always will to help you learn more.
Space environment
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2019
Space environment was small and tight. it wasn't cleaned as often and dusty. People use to get sick often there. The work environment was good meaning the people.
Pros
Free lunches
Great Teaching Experiences
Research Assistant Li Ki Shing Knowledge Institute (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2019
The value in patient care was a prime focus. Working within an interdisciplinary team brought much knowledge to the practices. Making experiences and memories.
Productive fast paced environment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  80 Bond St. Toronto, ON23 June 2019
Perfect for those who love a fast paced environment and enjoy keeping busy. I had an amazing experience and would recommend. The Family Health team was fantastic!
Pros
Great deal of independence
Cons
lots of caseloads= quick burnout if not managed correctly
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2019
No business acumen, no vision, no respect for the employees working in the procurement department. Employees working in the procurement department have no mark on anything they do, but they robotically execute the direction drawn by the department's management. No appreciation for the hard work, dedication or extra mile offered by the procurement specialists. The leadership of this department should be reshuffled as it's been forgotten in "position" from a long time and became obsolete, toxic, visionless and focused on the development of cliques and not teams.
From the procurement perspective, as long the actual procurement leadership in maintained, the ones who will suffer the most will be the hospital's patients. If the Sisters of St. Joseph (who founded the hospital) in 19th century could come to life, they would twist in their graves to see the dilettantes that run the procurement department and their leadership which has nothing to do with the hospital's vision and mission.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Rigid, no vision, clique oriented procurement management, slow pace environment, no mark on your work
Great Teaching Hospital
Research Assistant Li Ki Shing Knowledge Institute (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2019
SMH helped me learn and grow through my professional development. Working on a TEAM makes a difference to understand in an organization that serves and teaches, has a breadth and alignment to why they are ranked high in World Medicine.
A great place to work for.
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  209 Victoria St., Toronto18 April 2019
I worked for a very short contract position. I found my colleagues to be very fair and supportive. I would have loved to volunteer as a peer support specialist but it is very difficult to get such a position.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Very short contract
Great hospital to work at.
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2019
St. Michaels has been my favourite hospital to work at so far as a nursing student. The staff are friendly and helpful and it is a good learning environment!