St. Michael's Hospital

St. Michael's Hospital Employee Reviews

loved working there
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2019
its a wonderful place to work full of endless possibilities.

if i didn't live so far away now i would still be working there,

made wonderful memories there and long time friends
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2019
Great place to work. Most people are crossed trained in both phlebotomy and Core Lab. There are 3 shifts. Day, evening and night shifts. In-patient as well as out-patient.
A wonderful and fantastic opportunity to work here
Management Resident, Internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2019
Very invigorating place to work. Lots of learning and challenge. Dynamic environment and super workplace culture - inclusive and enjoyable. Definitely a place I would love to work at again.
Productive and Caring
Echocardiography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2019
St. Michael Hospital is known for Toronto's best acute care hospital, which carries many different interesting clinical cases with huge learning opportunities. Staff and colleagues bear St. Michael's vision and mission and they are caring, not only to patients, but also with each other.
Exciting and Productive work environment
Logistics & Procurement Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2019
A typical day consisted of at least 2 site evals and meetings with other department heads. Followed by phone calls to vendors and a few hours of emailing and paperwork.
Very satisfying
PSA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2019
I was very greatful for the opportunity to have worked for St Michael's hospital, I learned a great deal regarding patient care.
I am very confident that I can be an asset to any team that hires me, because of my experience and confidence
Excellent Institution
OT/PT Assistant - Surgery & Critical Care Program (Current Employee) –  Medical-Surgical ICU + Cardiovascular Surgery8 October 2019
An exciting and fast paced hospital that is patient-centred and implements high quality care. Many professional development opportunities made available to staff. Diverse clinicians with a commitment to helping patients.
It's a fun place to work at. The people are friendly and lend a helping hand.
Administrative Assistant Director - Contract Temporary (Former Employee) –  30 Bond Street3 October 2019
Working at St. Michael's Hospital is very hectic, no time to get bored. This is the kind of job that I prefer, to be on the go.
The days go by fast - it's because I love the job that I do.
Student Placement
Medical Office Administrator (Student) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2019
Overall, I had a great learning experience when I did my 150 hours placement at St. Michael's hospital. Most of the staff were very welcoming, willing to teach and guide me with all my assignments. The team was just a great pleasure to work with.
Excellent place to work at - family oriented atmosphere
Admin Assist - Physician - Therapeutic Endoscopy (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2019
Staff is a pleasure to work with. Hospital setting is excellent. Cafeteria has ample food varieties to choose from. Parking can become challenging at times but actual work environment is very good. Management and Directors are fair and there is ample room for advancement with any position in hospital.
productive and awarding to one. Very challenging and appreciative
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  30 Bond Street15 September 2019
Short staffed, often stressful/but competitive. One has to be able to work under a great deal of pressure and can be rewarding and appreciated. there are many positions to apply for
I have a great time working at St. Michael's Hospital
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  30 Bond Street East. Toronto, Ontario8 September 2019
It was a great organization to work. The staff were very friendly. As a personal support worker i did work with Nurses, Doctors. X-Ray technicians, Laboratory technician, Pharmacy staff, Social workers, Physiotherapist, House keeping and other professionals worked as a team for one specific goal. Mostly i worked in emergency department where very sick patients are seen at the beginning before they were assigned to the room. We also received causality patients from all over Ontario as St. Michael's hospital is the regional trauma center. Depending on the level of trauma. sometimes it was very stressful.
Pros
No Free Lunch
Cons
I worked 12 hours Shift
Good Management, Things move slow
Independent Contractor, Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2019
Responsive and supportive principle investigator. Upper management are clinicians. Things tend to move on the slower side. Many opportunities for career growth and professional development.
Pros
Good Career Network
Cons
Independent contractor, no benefits
High-paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2019
Overall a good workplace with excellent benefits. Multi-tasking abilities is a must have. Great feeling to be helping clients that truly appreciate one's efforts.
Terrible place for new immigrants
Accounts Payable Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee) –  2 queen street east1 September 2019
I experienced everything that was bad while working at SMH. A supervisor who shouted at me and bullied me , HR unit who ignored persistent complaints about said supervisor by several staff , a culture of management snobbing and ignoring staff , protracted contracts with no consideration for the staff not being able to access full healthcare, medical and education benefits. An overall horrible experience
Great place to. Good morals and ethics
Admin Assistant Manager/Coordinator (Promotion) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2019
Amazing place to work. Great people. Great ethics and morals. I would recommend working here to anyone. St. Michael's has an amazing benefit package and they are always will to help you learn more.
Space environment
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2019
Space environment was small and tight. it wasn't cleaned as often and dusty. People use to get sick often there. The work environment was good meaning the people.
Pros
Free lunches
supportive staff and processes
Clinical Diagnostics Business Development (Current Employee) –  60 Bond Street2 August 2019
welcoming and supportive environment. patient focused and inclusive environment for staff and patients. Continuous changes physical and organizational.
Great Teaching Experiences
Research Assistant Li Ki Shing Knowledge Institute (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2019
The value in patient care was a prime focus. Working within an interdisciplinary team brought much knowledge to the practices. Making experiences and memories.
Typical work
Biostatistician (Former Employee) –  St. Michael's Hospital25 June 2019
- Routine data extraction, cleaning and reporting using clinical data system
- Special projects to analyze performance improvement or process change
- Generate yearly performance score cards