St. Mary’s General Hospital
Happiness score is 63 out of 100
View all St. Mary’s General Hospital reviews

St. Mary’s General Hospital

St. Mary’s General Hospital Employee Review

Wonderful staff and excellent care always'

Excellent place to work with good friendly and helpful staff everywhere. 5 star rating by me.I would work here again if I was lucky enough to secure a job.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

..shift work

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Unsafe workplace. As most hospitals these days. Denies airborne spread of viruses. Toxic work culture allowed to flourish.

Workload is unreasonable. It's about pushing through as many patients as possible. They've taken the position that hospital transmission of airborne viruses is acceptable and that staff cannot prove that they got covid at work so it can be denied.Leadership was terrible under previous CEO. St.Joe's Hospital system also has made bad executive decisions resulting in wasted money and poor staff morale.
Same roleSame location

good staff good hospital to be a patient in good working experience

Great hospital to work in.....Management is great. working experience excellent.....a typical working day was form 8 am. till 4pm. or later. We collected blood samples and then analyzed them for irregularities. We would then take the completed test results to the floors where the patients were and return to the lab for more of the same all day. We occasionally were called to take out patient blood samples or run to ER. to perform a phlebotomy and return to analyze this sample immediately for the ER department. We worked most of the day in the lab on blood specimens from out or in patients. There was a lot of microscopic work done on blood samples during the day also. There were many frequent requests to run to a specific floor to obtain a blood sample for an immediate assessment. We also took heel blood samples from the babies in the nursery to make sure they were healthy and if not then many more trips to the nursery for more samples from the infant. But most of the day was spent in the lab working on blood samples for various tests specified by the doctors.

Pros

developed a good work ethic of punctuality accuracy and diligence in test performance

Cons

it was wonderful to see a patients results improve over the course of days or weeks.
Same location

Great Hospital, Great place to work

I have been here for a while now and I really like it. I am able to learn a great deal more about patient care and continue to build on my skills and experiences. They pay fair and have a good amount of pick-ups available. It's a nice place to work with some really great staff members.

Pros

extra shifts, management support, team work, fair pay

Cons

older client population, food options if you forget your lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Mary’s General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare St. Mary’s General Hospital with

• St. Mary’s General Hospital
  • Wonderful staff and excellent care always'