St. Louis Bar & Grill Management reviews

Bartender/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2019
Friendly staff
friendly customers
terrible owner

the owner tends to save a lot of money have saving labour fee and closing table bills. irresponsible ownership by the PRESIDENT of St.Louis.
Poor Management and Lack of Communication
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2019
There was a lack of communication and rules were constantly changing so we were never really sure what was expected of us, especially due to the lack of effective communication. When there was major staff turnover, we were never talked to about it. People were suddenly fired , and then we were not told anything at all ie. during times when there was major problems with lack of staff, management never talked to us about it and we were just thrown into busy nights all alone at the restaurant unexpectedly, not even given an explanation from management about what was going on - it felt like management really didn't care about what happened to their employees. Overall, an extremely stressful experience - felt no respect from management more often than I would have expected.
Only good thing was the lovely coworkers and some of the guests that came in, especially the regulars; they were so nice and often made my days/nights better.
Pros
interesting customers
Cons
lack of time management, communication and professionalism
Fun but lots of time away from family
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto29 January 2019
Long days with lots of late nights. Great owners and management team but hard to get needed time off at times with so many events throughout the year
Pros
Great people, culture and
Not worth your time
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 January 2019
was a fun place to work at! All the customers ive had were friendly! The management sucks and is really cheap with fixing mistakes on customers orders. They schdule you for shifts that you cant even attend and the tips are average to every other resturant.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Not enough shifts
Do not work in any barrie location!
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 November 2018
I've heard from other locations that the guy who owns the Barrie locations is the company joke! they treat you like garbage they pay you even worse don't do it unless it's your last resort!
Pros
Cons
Managment
Disorganized, staff is unreliable
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 March 2018
Job is not the greatest. Everyone calls in sick, management is all over the place. You get told to do the same task different ways all the time. You get told you're going to get the hours you want and then you don't.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
People call in
Unfortunately nothing good to say
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON16 March 2018
Was a key member in the opening up of Wasaga location. Worked my butt of for falss promises like benefits etc. Poor managenent. An owner who didnt have a clue on how to keep good staff or run a restaurant. The place has only been open since July and remaining staff from opening day, are far and few between. Gossip and drama etc. This is 100% honesty. Nothing to hide or not spiteful - just the truth.
Pros
Great local people
Cons
Incompetent Management
Meh
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 February 2018
Management is the worst. Very condisending! Sit there and drink all day while everyone works. If you have an issue they do not tend to your needs

No training is given. You’re thrown right to the floor with 10 tables to see if you can servive basically. Very slow restaurant, only busy on wing night - if that!

Girl drama starting from management.
Was told to be more flirty with the old men because s*x s*lls . Any sport event.. dress sexy.
You’re there to serve food not give b*ow jobs
Pros
Half price food
Cons
Not busy and no hours
hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 February 2018
never received proper seated break or lunch times for any of the employees. Management was rude and would just sit in the office the entire shift. No empathy when something in your family life popped up, required you to work anyway
Waitress/Bartender
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON23 January 2018
I did enjoy working here for a time, but it wasn't one of the best places I have worked in the hospitality industry. Some things were lacking with the management tactics and working environment and overall it wasn't the right place for me.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 January 2018
Busy and great opportunities to make money serving here. Staff is really nice and made alot of friends while serving at St.Louis. Management was not the best as they were very catty and like to start drama between the girls. I loved the theme nights we did and the kitchen is always so nice and are always willing to help you out if you have made mistakes.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Bad management
eh
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON12 November 2017
no training given to staff first time servers are given huge sections of 13 + tables or expected to server large tables( 12 people and up ) as well as the rest of the tables in your section . If they see you struggling to keep up with the work load you will be terminated .
other servers are rude and mean to each other and drag the rest of the staff into there drama. The servers are encouraged to flirt with customers .( during my first week i had a customer grope me in front of management who did nothing )
Pros
tips
Cons
rude staff bad management creepy old men
Great environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
Great management, staff and customers. It was always a fun and good working environment. Everyone always worked as a team to have a productive work day.
Overall great experience
Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
Management was great. Coworkers and overall atmosphere very positive. Management was very flexible and respected employees. Overall attitude and atmosphere were very pleasant and I loved working there. I had no previous serving experience and received thorough training.
organized
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2017
Very upbeat restaurant, very universal menu the bar and grill always had something for everyone! great atmosphere and friendly management. I always recommend st louis
St.Louis Bar & Grill
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB4 May 2017
A typical day at St. Louis Bar & Grill would consist of a lot of frustations. The atmosphere was like a sports bar; hence, always busy and hectic. The management was awful and i don't suggest working there. Around a dozen people got fired without notice or 2 weeks pay, via Email.
Pros
Fast paced, steady, and great atmosphere
Cons
No hours, bad management, a lot of complaints
Fun working environment
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2017
Typical day for me is cleaning up tables and making sure cutlery and napkins, etc were filled before my shift. We had small check list of duties to do within our hours and before we leave and start. I learned a lot of people skills with this line of work. Management was perfect as I was going to school and worked part time nearby my school. Workplace culture was enjoyable as I had a good crew of people working with me. The hardest part of the job was managing large tables (15-25 people) on my own as I just started waitressing and learning that year. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and socializing with customers.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
not enough hours
Great job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 December 2016
this is a Great job for any young adult or collage student the hours are great always competitive pay the serving staff share there tips with the cooks management is great and always there to help you
i never would have left if i did not have to move city's for school.
Pros
Pay, hours, environment, management
Best Job/Bosses I have ever had
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 December 2016
St. Louis being a franchise chain means that every one that you go to will be different. The menu will generally stay the same but the people never will. This particular St. Louis was run by two of the hardest working and yet most laid back individuals I have ever met. They walked the razor's edge between "Fun work boss" and genuine friend with perfect balance. The work wasn't very hard and the atmosphere was welcoming and warm.
Pros
Free Meals, Fantastic Management
Cons
Low starting pay
Fast paced fun environment
Guest First Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
St.Louis is a very comfortable restaurant to work in with lots of regulars. The regulars create stability within the chaotic nature of the industry. As a part of the management team I have developed more skills and I am very thankful for that aspect of my position.
Pros
Ability to create relationships
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Louis Bar & Grill. Our community is ready to answer.