St. Louis Bar & Grill Management reviews

Do not work in any barrie location!
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 November 2018
I've heard from other locations that the guy who owns the Barrie locations is the company joke! they treat you like garbage they pay you even worse don't do it unless it's your last resort!
Pros
Cons
Managment
Unfortunately nothing good to say
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON16 March 2018
Was a key member in the opening up of Wasaga location. Worked my butt of for falss promises like benefits etc. Poor managenent. An owner who didnt have a clue on how to keep good staff or run a restaurant. The place has only been open since July and remaining staff from opening day, are far and few between. Gossip and drama etc. This is 100% honesty. Nothing to hide or not spiteful - just the truth.
Pros
Great local people
Cons
Incompetent Management
Meh
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 February 2018
Management is the worst. Very condisending! Sit there and drink all day while everyone works. If you have an issue they do not tend to your needs

No training is given. You’re thrown right to the floor with 10 tables to see if you can servive basically. Very slow restaurant, only busy on wing night - if that!

Girl drama starting from management.
Was told to be more flirty with the old men because s*x s*lls . Any sport event.. dress sexy.
You’re there to serve food not give b*ow jobs
Pros
Half price food
Cons
Not busy and no hours
hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 February 2018
never received proper seated break or lunch times for any of the employees. Management was rude and would just sit in the office the entire shift. No empathy when something in your family life popped up, required you to work anyway
Waitress/Bartender
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON23 January 2018
I did enjoy working here for a time, but it wasn't one of the best places I have worked in the hospitality industry. Some things were lacking with the management tactics and working environment and overall it wasn't the right place for me.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 January 2018
Busy and great opportunities to make money serving here. Staff is really nice and made alot of friends while serving at St.Louis. Management was not the best as they were very catty and like to start drama between the girls. I loved the theme nights we did and the kitchen is always so nice and are always willing to help you out if you have made mistakes.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Bad management
eh
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON12 November 2017
no training given to staff first time servers are given huge sections of 13 + tables or expected to server large tables( 12 people and up ) as well as the rest of the tables in your section . If they see you struggling to keep up with the work load you will be terminated .
other servers are rude and mean to each other and drag the rest of the staff into there drama. The servers are encouraged to flirt with customers .( during my first week i had a customer grope me in front of management who did nothing )
Pros
tips
Cons
rude staff bad management creepy old men
Great environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
Great management, staff and customers. It was always a fun and good working environment. Everyone always worked as a team to have a productive work day.
Overall great experience
Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
Management was great. Coworkers and overall atmosphere very positive. Management was very flexible and respected employees. Overall attitude and atmosphere were very pleasant and I loved working there. I had no previous serving experience and received thorough training.
organized
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2017
Very upbeat restaurant, very universal menu the bar and grill always had something for everyone! great atmosphere and friendly management. I always recommend st louis
St.Louis Bar & Grill
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB4 May 2017
A typical day at St. Louis Bar & Grill would consist of a lot of frustations. The atmosphere was like a sports bar; hence, always busy and hectic. The management was awful and i don't suggest working there. Around a dozen people got fired without notice or 2 weeks pay, via Email.
Pros
Fast paced, steady, and great atmosphere
Cons
No hours, bad management, a lot of complaints
Fun working environment
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2017
Typical day for me is cleaning up tables and making sure cutlery and napkins, etc were filled before my shift. We had small check list of duties to do within our hours and before we leave and start. I learned a lot of people skills with this line of work. Management was perfect as I was going to school and worked part time nearby my school. Workplace culture was enjoyable as I had a good crew of people working with me. The hardest part of the job was managing large tables (15-25 people) on my own as I just started waitressing and learning that year. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and socializing with customers.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
not enough hours
Great job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 December 2016
this is a Great job for any young adult or collage student the hours are great always competitive pay the serving staff share there tips with the cooks management is great and always there to help you
i never would have left if i did not have to move city's for school.
Pros
Pay, hours, environment, management
Best Job/Bosses I have ever had
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 December 2016
St. Louis being a franchise chain means that every one that you go to will be different. The menu will generally stay the same but the people never will. This particular St. Louis was run by two of the hardest working and yet most laid back individuals I have ever met. They walked the razor's edge between "Fun work boss" and genuine friend with perfect balance. The work wasn't very hard and the atmosphere was welcoming and warm.
Pros
Free Meals, Fantastic Management
Cons
Low starting pay
Fast paced fun environment
Guest First Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
St.Louis is a very comfortable restaurant to work in with lots of regulars. The regulars create stability within the chaotic nature of the industry. As a part of the management team I have developed more skills and I am very thankful for that aspect of my position.
Pros
Ability to create relationships
Cons
good
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 November 2016
great place to work. loved being to interact with different kinds of sports lovers. Management was very friendly too and always helpful when it was a busy rush.
Demanding, Unrewarding, and underappreciated.
Supervisor/Cook/ Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2016
Mainly the location on King st W. The owner has no idea how to run a restaurant. Micromanaged everything I ever did. Would force me to over order products ( warned her it was too much ).. then blame me when they didn't sell. Would yell before thinking... Completely unprofessional... She would be there everyday having an emotional melt down. Once told me her husband was going to "shoot Her" because she over order products, again. Constantly didn't trust anyone on the staff...Highest turn over rate i have ever seen. I only stayed there for the money PERIOD. So glad to be out..Sad thing is That head office knows everything that goes on and continues to turn a blind eye. Possibly the worst place I've ever worked. The only thing I honestly learned was what i will never do or how i get treated again. Never will i work for such a horrible person. I Know this shouldn't be all bad.. but there isn't anything good to say.
Pros
free food.
Cons
treated like a brainless animal.
productive and fun workplace with excellent staff
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 June 2016
a typical day at st louis is usually busy and fast paced. never a dull moment. i learned how to prepare/cook foods that i never had a chance to make or eat before. the management was okay, always positive and uplifting, especially on the hectic days. My co workers are fantastic and fun, always positive they really know how to make you feel like family.there were times when the job got hard and challenging for example on wing night where it got the busiest and hardly any break but i love it. i really enjoyed the staff and how excellent they were.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
no breaks
Fun, fast paced environment and great people.
Server (Former Employee) –  Hanmer, ON16 June 2016
Fun and fast pasede environment ALWAYS. Leanred to multitask on a new level. Management was awesome. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was to short hours, worked nights. Loved the people.
Pros
Great work environment
Fun and pays well
WAITTRESS/HOSTESS/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON8 May 2016
You get to talk to people while making a ton of tips! Waitressing definitely has its benefits. Management was unorganized but is now replaced and seems to be better (from what i have heard). Very friendly work environment. Great atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Louis Bar & Grill. Our community is ready to answer.