St. Louis Bar & Grill Employee Reviews

Do not work in any barrie location!
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 November 2018
I've heard from other locations that the guy who owns the Barrie locations is the company joke! they treat you like garbage they pay you even worse don't do it unless it's your last resort!
Pros
Cons
Managment
fun but not much as much money as hoped
Server (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 November 2018
It all depends on the location, but the area I work at is very sketchy. The job itself is very fast pace and enjoyable, much like any restaurant. Hours are limited though.
Pros
fun
Cons
not enough shifts
Easy to work
FOOD PREP, COOK & SERVER (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 September 2018
I worked for this company for 5 years, albeit on and off but again another positive is that i kept coming back. I am most appreciative off my last location in Oshawa. i was treated with respect and enjoy my coworkers. I am thankful and grateful to have worked with such great people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough money
Great company to work for!
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 August 2018
Positive work environment, great team. Work was always fun and didn’t feel like you were truly working at all sometimes as it was such a positive, lively atmosphere! especially during those playoff games :)
Pros
Good food and flexibility
Cons
A bit under staffed at times
Loved It
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 April 2018
I loved working here. Was a great atmosphere to be a part of. I would have never left if i had no other choice. The people that I worked with were amazing.
Pros
I loved working
Fun and friendly staff but inconsistent management
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
The workplace was like a family among FOH and BOH. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with all different types of people and learning about the restaurant industry. The hardest part of the job is how mentally and physically taxing it can be.
Cons
Minimal breaks
Disorganized, staff is unreliable
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 March 2018
Job is not the greatest. Everyone calls in sick, management is all over the place. You get told to do the same task different ways all the time. You get told you're going to get the hours you want and then you don't.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
People call in
Unfortunately nothing good to say
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON16 March 2018
Was a key member in the opening up of Wasaga location. Worked my butt of for falss promises like benefits etc. Poor managenent. An owner who didnt have a clue on how to keep good staff or run a restaurant. The place has only been open since July and remaining staff from opening day, are far and few between. Gossip and drama etc. This is 100% honesty. Nothing to hide or not spiteful - just the truth.
Pros
Great local people
Cons
Incompetent Management
fun and fast paced
Bar Attendant & Server (Current Employee) –  scarborough8 March 2018
I have been working at St.Louis for over a year now! its a fun fast paced learning environment! always new promotions for upselling and a great place to make connections and meet new people.
Pros
good hours, good $$$
Cons
over 44 hours+ a week, no down time
Fun, low stress job
Bartender, waitress and hostess (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 February 2018
I enjoyed regulars and being a part of small environment where I could get to know people and felt a sense of community. I loved the pay and was quite happy with my job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late nights
Food, more food.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
As I love to cook. It was a welcome experience for me to flex my cooking chops. The fast pace kept me focused and dedicated to my customers as always. Plus as bonus, the meals I prepared for my staff allowed me to show of my personal flair for flavour.
Meh
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 February 2018
Management is the worst. Very condisending! Sit there and drink all day while everyone works. If you have an issue they do not tend to your needs

No training is given. You’re thrown right to the floor with 10 tables to see if you can servive basically. Very slow restaurant, only busy on wing night - if that!

Girl drama starting from management.
Was told to be more flirty with the old men because s*x s*lls . Any sport event.. dress sexy.
You’re there to serve food not give b*ow jobs
Pros
Half price food
Cons
Not busy and no hours
hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 February 2018
never received proper seated break or lunch times for any of the employees. Management was rude and would just sit in the office the entire shift. No empathy when something in your family life popped up, required you to work anyway
Waitress/Bartender
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON23 January 2018
I did enjoy working here for a time, but it wasn't one of the best places I have worked in the hospitality industry. Some things were lacking with the management tactics and working environment and overall it wasn't the right place for me.
cheap
Co-op (Current Employee) –  markham18 January 2018
they cut off employee discounts because of the rise in minimum wage. theyre good with scheduling. easy to move up in within the restaurant. employees are easy to get along with
Great staff, fun place to work and play!
Day Bartender/ Bar Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 January 2018
St. Louis is a great place to work, my day to day has always been pretty fun, there is a really good crew of regulars and staff to make the day go by. There is always something to do which is nice because I need to stay busy. Unfortunately, since the minimum wage increase the owner has implemented many changes that have actually made it so I am making less money than I was before, and with the amount they have cut some of the other staff's hours I have much more work to do in the same time frame. The culture of the restaurant is changing and morale is way down, the manager is awesome but his hands are tied. I have been with this company for a long time and I love it but I am ready for a change.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 January 2018
Busy and great opportunities to make money serving here. Staff is really nice and made alot of friends while serving at St.Louis. Management was not the best as they were very catty and like to start drama between the girls. I loved the theme nights we did and the kitchen is always so nice and are always willing to help you out if you have made mistakes.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Bad management
Fun and enjoyable learning experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2018
This was my first serving job and i enjoyed meeting so many amazing people from my coworkers to my customers. I learned that i enjoyed being a server because it gave me the opportunity to showcase my hospitality skills and i was constantly interacting with new people.
Pros
tips
Cons
late hours
eh
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON12 November 2017
no training given to staff first time servers are given huge sections of 13 + tables or expected to server large tables( 12 people and up ) as well as the rest of the tables in your section . If they see you struggling to keep up with the work load you will be terminated .
other servers are rude and mean to each other and drag the rest of the staff into there drama. The servers are encouraged to flirt with customers .( during my first week i had a customer grope me in front of management who did nothing )
Pros
tips
Cons
rude staff bad management creepy old men
Great environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
Great management, staff and customers. It was always a fun and good working environment. Everyone always worked as a team to have a productive work day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Louis Bar & Grill. Our community is ready to answer.