St. Louis Bar & Grill

St. Louis Bar & Grill Employee Reviews

Canada128 reviews
They’re not bad at all. The food is really good. they just need some improving in the management and employee section.
Food really good

My favourite was the chicken wings
AMAZING company to work for!
lots of fun staff and amazing regulars!! Makes working lots of fun 😊 quick cash in a short period of time! Management and owners are very hands on an involved, very helpful!!
Great experience
I liked working at St. Louis because it allowed me to gain more work experience and learn how to cook.
Don't do it
Fun atmosphere, tasty menu and a great group of people(customers and staff). Management on the other hand might just be the worst in town, and the turnover on staff is ridiculous. Save yourself the headaches and the frustrations and go work somewheres else.
fun, engaging work environment center on sports
The location was small so most of the work had to be done by one employee. Fast peace environment and problem-solving on the spot required at all times. Talking to guests and creating fun experiences was the most enjoyable part of the job. Management is changing often due to the stress of the location. The current manager is dedicated and hard-working.
veyr bad
very rude management , they do not care about health of others nor are they clean. most of the time everything is half assed and its always understaffed.
fun place to work and also make great money. always busy.
they have always great deals every day. it has great client . very flexible workplace. it is bsuy so make sure you are okay with multi tasking and working over time .
Sucks
Management is apathetic towards issues in restaurant, and they let their "senior staff" get away with any and everything. It's kind of scary. Someone I worked with even had to report the King Street location to the health inspector because of the negligence that led to Cockroaches and all sorts of bugs in the kitchen.
Terrible
Owner and management is TERRIBLE. St. Louis in Orillia is an absolute joke! Never been treated so poorly and had such a bad experience with a job before in my life. With the way they treat/ go through employees I would not be surprised to see this place close in a couple of years.
great
It is a place where you can eat good food and good beer, especially when you hang out with your group and you just wanna watch the a football match or the fight of the night. the service is not bad the food comes out quick and the attention is always the proper one. is a good place to go with family and friends.
Good
Worked there for about two and a half years... Good place to work.... Nice people :) .... Really enjoyed my time there... Most of the time lalalalalalala
I like to work there
There is friendly Atmosphere. Helping crew members. Clean and tidy kitchen good environment to work. Supportive to new members. And like a second family.
Disorganized beyond belief
I worked in the kitchen since it opened. Very few staff still there from opening. Very disorganized with regards to scheduling, you are provided your schedule only two days before the next week, leaves very little notice if you actually want to know when you are off. Management would never
offer me a set schedule like other cooks in the kitchen.

Menu items often prepared differently depending on who was there and not the same between locations, even though its the same owner and same management as wasaga location.

Redeeming factors are that it’s a good place to learn and some staff were easy to work with.
productive and fun-workplace at St.Louis Bar and Grill
I spend my days at St.Louis Bar and Grill by making tons of wings and fries on Tuesdays for our customers for half price wing day, and wraps, burgers, salads and ect every other day. When I have no orders I usually cleans the walls and take out garbage as well as do the dishes. The management at St.Louis is not the greatest.
The hardest part of this job is cooking on a wing day or when its really busy and you have to cook more then 10 pounds of wings. I enjoyed cleaning and getting everything done and organized before i would leave for my shift.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced
A good place to work but stressful and fast paced. Food was good and staff was fun to work with for the most part. Some customers were very hard to deal with
Pros
1/2 off food and tips
Cons
Sometimes wouldnt start you and tell you to go home even tho youre scheduled
avoid at all costs
Managers and owner forced servers to wear tighter clothes. Couldn’t even wear a long sleeve/sweater when the restaurant is freezing cold. Even when training they told you to pull your shirt down when you’re serving guys.
You don’t work enough hours or make enough money to put up with that. Also managers will talk behind ur back all the time!! Do not work here
Do not recommend
- Unprofessional managers/owner. Owner tells employees how in debt she is and managers bully and gossip about employees directly in front of you.
- Part time employees expected to act like full time workers. Way too stressful

- Hours are unpredictable & business is very slow sometimes and you make NO tips.

- Only good thing was some employees are nice
not happy with the kitchen manager
the kitchen manager was a guy i think did not know how to submit an order GFS even won't know the rules in Canada
use people for his needed and all the time has given stress

which was against the law. I would not recommend anyone to work with him. as I said he don't respect anyone and showing like he is the owner of the company want to put his rules in the kitchen.

Issa no
Management is unprofessional, music is so loud my head hurts 30 mins into the shift, lots of creepy old guys coming in to get drunk and hitting on you makes you so uncomfortable. Staff is filled with girls who aren’t very friendly & will talk behind your back. Just bad energy in there
Amazing staff and management !
This restaurant business isn’t an easy one but it sure is fun and fast paced! Love every minute of it! Get to meet people from all over! Great company to move up!
I’ve been a server here for 2 years and have loved it. The management is great, super flexible with shifts and very understanding with availability. It’s a small restaurant but bartending/serving is great because the regulars will always be there and tip well. Also it’s a great place to learn if you don’t have much serving experience. It can get slow but serving is never guaranteed. Overall a really awesome place to work
Pros
Management, shift flexibility, tips
Cons
Short shifts, not always busy
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Louis Bar & Grill. Our community is ready to answer.