St. Louis Bar & Grill Employee Reviews

Productive and fun atmosphere
Bar Manager/Lead Bartender (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 March 2019
An overall excellent place to work and showcase my skills as well as learn new responsibilities. I have the absolute most respect for this company and it has helped me grow tremendously within my field.
awful job
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 March 2019
WORST. job i've EVER HAD. not only do the owners STEAL MONEY from ALL workers they abuse their workers. and upper management that goes past the owners is awful too. everyone involved in management at st louis are thieves. stay FAR away from this awful location. they'll steal from you, make you quit your other jobs only to deduct hours because of whatever made up reason.. would never eat here or recommend working here... stay FAR away from st louis.
Pros
co workers.. only bc of joined hatred of this place
Cons
everything, no discount, bad food, bad management
Great work environment and easy place to serve
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 March 2019
Working for both the front and back of house staff gave me learning experience of how the restaurant work environment flows. It really teaches you how appreciate the life of the restaurant through maneuvering in the rush of the peak hours.
Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Elgin24 February 2019
I loved my time at St Louis, all the staff were exceptional and were always willing to help and teach me new things! The Staff and management were all exceptionally nice and treat everyone, including their customers like family! The location was a prime spot and always busy! Much fun to work there
Job assessment
Bartender/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2019
Friendly staff
friendly customers
terrible owner

the owner tends to save a lot of money have saving labour fee and closing table bills. irresponsible ownership by the PRESIDENT of St.Louis.
Not bad
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 February 2019
It was pretty good. Wood work life balance. I liked working there, staff was friendly boss was also pretty friendly. It was a good experience, dealing with lots of different people.
Fun workplace but no tipping culture among patrons
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2019
Really enjoyed the management at St. Louis and the team was very friendly and welcoming.

Some issues with stocking necessities like cutlery, coasters... ran out of those things quickly and had to scramble to find a fork and a knife to set tables with.

Not a good place to make money as a server - regulars are amazing but most patrons come for the specials... half priced wings, half priced appetizers... guests are there to pay the least they can for a large amount of food and therefore not good in terms of tips.

Also, no dishwashers... the servers or cooks must do dishes while performing their work duties
Poor Management and Lack of Communication
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2019
There was a lack of communication and rules were constantly changing so we were never really sure what was expected of us, especially due to the lack of effective communication. When there was major staff turnover, we were never talked to about it. People were suddenly fired , and then we were not told anything at all ie. during times when there was major problems with lack of staff, management never talked to us about it and we were just thrown into busy nights all alone at the restaurant unexpectedly, not even given an explanation from management about what was going on - it felt like management really didn't care about what happened to their employees. Overall, an extremely stressful experience - felt no respect from management more often than I would have expected.
Only good thing was the lovely coworkers and some of the guests that came in, especially the regulars; they were so nice and often made my days/nights better.
Pros
interesting customers
Cons
lack of time management, communication and professionalism
Fun but lots of time away from family
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto29 January 2019
Long days with lots of late nights. Great owners and management team but hard to get needed time off at times with so many events throughout the year
Pros
Great people, culture and
Not worth your time
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 January 2019
was a fun place to work at! All the customers ive had were friendly! The management sucks and is really cheap with fixing mistakes on customers orders. They schdule you for shifts that you cant even attend and the tips are average to every other resturant.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Not enough shifts
fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 December 2018
Loved working there. always something new. I was probably the only female in the kitchen and I soon took over as kitchen supervisor. It became too much as the pay didn't meet the amount of work and boss's husband wasn't for and increase after my requests. My boss was the sweetest and an amazing person but that cant pay the bills.
Pros
free lunches
starter job
COOK (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON20 November 2018
mostly college students. the job can vary, however there is always something to do. The staff is tolerable and social. pretty good job for a chain restaurant.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
stressful
Do not work in any barrie location!
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 November 2018
I've heard from other locations that the guy who owns the Barrie locations is the company joke! they treat you like garbage they pay you even worse don't do it unless it's your last resort!
Pros
Cons
Managment
fun but not much as much money as hoped
Server (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 November 2018
It all depends on the location, but the area I work at is very sketchy. The job itself is very fast pace and enjoyable, much like any restaurant. Hours are limited though.
Pros
fun
Cons
not enough shifts
Easy to work
FOOD PREP, COOK & SERVER (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 September 2018
I worked for this company for 5 years, albeit on and off but again another positive is that i kept coming back. I am most appreciative off my last location in Oshawa. i was treated with respect and enjoy my coworkers. I am thankful and grateful to have worked with such great people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough money
Great company to work for!
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 August 2018
Positive work environment, great team. Work was always fun and didn’t feel like you were truly working at all sometimes as it was such a positive, lively atmosphere! especially during those playoff games :)
Pros
Good food and flexibility
Cons
A bit under staffed at times
Loved It
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 April 2018
I loved working here. Was a great atmosphere to be a part of. I would have never left if i had no other choice. The people that I worked with were amazing.
Pros
I loved working
Fun and friendly staff but inconsistent management
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
The workplace was like a family among FOH and BOH. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with all different types of people and learning about the restaurant industry. The hardest part of the job is how mentally and physically taxing it can be.
Cons
Minimal breaks
Disorganized, staff is unreliable
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 March 2018
Job is not the greatest. Everyone calls in sick, management is all over the place. You get told to do the same task different ways all the time. You get told you're going to get the hours you want and then you don't.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
People call in
Unfortunately nothing good to say
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON16 March 2018
Was a key member in the opening up of Wasaga location. Worked my butt of for falss promises like benefits etc. Poor managenent. An owner who didnt have a clue on how to keep good staff or run a restaurant. The place has only been open since July and remaining staff from opening day, are far and few between. Gossip and drama etc. This is 100% honesty. Nothing to hide or not spiteful - just the truth.
Pros
Great local people
Cons
Incompetent Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Louis Bar & Grill. Our community is ready to answer.