St. Leonard's Community Services Employee Reviews

Loved working here
Justice Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario24 December 2018
It was a great organization that had pretty good benefits and a decent starting wage. Management to me were pretty good, always got along with them. I had a great time with my co-workers and always were positive with me and the clients.
Worst employment I've ever had
Justice worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 December 2018
They dont respect employees who are part time when allocating shifts. They will go on hiring spurts hiring dozens and dozens of part time employees all while taking away shifts from the part time employees they currently have. When complained to management the response is your relief staff we are not obligated to give you shifts.
Pros
Cons
no shift, terrible pay
High staff turnover rate
Justice Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 July 2018
Most hires don't stay for more than a couple of months. HR just keeps filling positions with young graduates that eventually realize there are far better opportunities elsewhere.

Veteran staff treat casual/PT/relief workers terribly.

Very inexperienced management -- to a shocking extent.
Pros
most co-workers
Cons
low morale, bumbling management, staff churn
Great work culture
Addictions Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 November 2017
A typical day as a counselor is very busy. The staff are fantastic and its a great place to work although the pay is not great. The health benefits are great. The rate of pay is not. There is a lot of room for advancement and learning which is awesome.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement and learning
Cons
rate of pay
Productive and Fun work environment
Addictions Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 July 2017
Love working here, it's definitely challenging and rewarding! Coworkers are friendly and always willing to help! The work environment is the best you could ever ask for!
Good Agency
Supervisor of a Child and Youth Shelter (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON30 June 2017
St Leonard's is the largest social service agency in Brantford. I work in a very fast paced work environment and have learned a lot throughout my time with the agency
IF you are willing to work on call this is the right place.
Child and Youth support Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 March 2017
At St. Leonards Community services Youth resource centre you need to be outgoing and not afraid to speak your mind. They also do not go by a seniority motive in any way.
Pros
outings with the clients
Cons
unfairness
Great
Support Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 December 2016
This is a great place to work. Reasonable pay, great hours and great benefits. The staff are great and so are the clients. Overall a good place to start.
Fast paced working environment
Part-time Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 April 2012
The average work day was very unpredictable. Staff would need to be prepared for clients on drugs, promiscuos activity between clients and aggresive behaviour towards staff and other clients. Staff assisted with finding clients jobs, a place to live continuing education, social/life skills.

What I learned most from this job is working in crisis setting, making quick decisions and learning form the clients struggles.
Pros
assiting clients
Cons
unreliable staff and management
Staff interaction with youth in care, empathy and understanding towards youth was very important.
Support Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Roy Walsh Home5 April 2012
I enjoyed my experience working with the youth. Daily challenges helped me grow as a counsellor and interacting with this particular group of youth made me more aware of the difficulties and challenges some youth and families must face in their daily life.
Team morale was inconsistant, staff turnover and clients issues would sometimes cause staff burnout.
Pros
learning from others
Cons
short staff, resulted in having to work a double shift