St. Lawrence Parks Commission

St. Lawrence Parks Commission Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Amazing site to work at
The site was amazing to work at and there are many interesting stories. There is a lot of variety in tasks, what you will change daily as you rotate through positions. Supervisors where goods about answering questions, and the retired corrections workers were always willing to share stories and help out.
Enjoyable summer job
Typical day includes cleaning the beach, washrooms, garbage bins and fire pits. Cut grass and weed eat weekly. When working in concession stand having to accept customers campsite bookings.
Great summer job. Enjoyed working with all coworkers.
Amazing workplace and company
I love working for the parks, it gives me an opportunity to meet many new people and work among side some amazing staff members. It can be challenging in my role as a supervisor, but it is a great summer job.
fast pace work environment with a friendly atmosphere
management was nice and cared about employees. Lots of breaks were given due to heat in the summer. worker safety is the top priority. workers quickly became friends, there was no presence of negativity when at work.
Productive and fun workplace
There was always something for us to do and work on. The workplace was always laidback and enjoyable. I enjoyed the work and would go back there to work again.
Fun and rewarding workplace
The Fort Henry Guard is an excellent summer job, combining a capable cadre of veteran employees with many younger and dedicated trainees. The workplace is fast moving and challenging, but also extremely rewarding. I'd highly recommend this job to any students wishing to make a good bit of money in the summer between years of undergrad.
Fort Henry: the most unique job you'll ever have
Working as a Historical Interpreter at Fort Henry was probably one of the best experiences I had during my University degree. Wearing the uniforms, learning the drill and music, and firing the artillery of British Soldiers of the 1860s was an absolute blast, and I'll never forget my time there.
A great place with a great team
Working with the St. Lawrence Parks Commission, I not only learned a lot about the area and community around it, but also learned skills of working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. It was always fun to work there, and ideas for new projects were freely shared and acted upon.
Great summer work and worked outside
Worked outside and for some great managers. Learned great skills to help me with me everyday life. Co-workers were always on the same page and helpful. Worked alone a lot and was given a lot of freedom.
Pros
work outside and a lot of free space
Cons
pay
Best Summer Job
Company is headed in a better direction with quality people leading the charge, but still much room for improvement regarding the culture of the organization. Greater leadership and communication required moving forward. Working as a Student there was terrific, working with great people, but events can be a gong show.
Work was great
Worked on the West Gate for St.Lawrence Parkway. Customers great, staff amazingly polite. Not back to second year due to still in nursing college for one more month. Rest of old staff let go because computer s being used. Not training them
Pros
Meet new people and weird situations like missing 16 ft.boat via land.
Cons
Not taking back old staff because all computerized and old staff not allowed to be trained.
enjoyable and beneficial
Working for the St. Lawrence Park's Commission was an enjoyable job that came with countless benefits. Management taught you how to deal with situations and customers on your own and how to run the registration booth with no problems. The workplace culture was very easy going but filled with hard work.
Welcoming, lively environment
Fort Henry is an absolutely wonderful place of employment that constantly offers a welcoming work environment and always positively pushes its employees to improve themselves. The only noticeable hurdle in my experience is building physical condition to accommodate the job. However, that obstacle is jumped as time goes on for the staff helps consolidate any weak points you may have.
Great student job
This job is great for people in school (high school or university)l, as it is only a summer position. You will get to meet many great people while working at the campground.
Productive and fun place to be
- Lots of places to explore while on site
- Meet different people everyday

- Great management and staff

- Great people to work around

- Loved working outdoors

- Learned to use different equipment
amazing
worked as a scare actor gave so much opportunities to experiment if costumes and make up, and acting skills,
to view and learn peoples behavior based on physical stance
Enjoyable contract work
- I worked at the Halloween themed event they hold in the fall
- you had freedom over the type of character you wanted to dress as

- management understood the needs of its employees and frequently made efforts to improve our working conditions
Good Job for summer contracts
Working at the parks of St Lawerence is a good opportunity for students seeking summer employment as I was when I worked there. The job provided opportunities to enhance trade skills and interact with a large variety of people on a daily basis.
Pros
Fun
Cons
wages
Productive and fun place to work!
Great working environment, everyone was treat equally and with the utmost respect. Loved my time working for them and with them to make Kingston a great tourist destination during all time of the year.
Pros
Great Moral among all.
Amazing working experince
Spent everyday outside maintaining campsites. also worked for Upper Canada Village maintaining flower beds. amazing high school program to gain working exerience.
Pros
outdoors
Cons
volunteer
Really great
It's a good job, with lots of fun, and a good opportunity to learn more about Kingston's historical heritage. You get to scare people too, which is awesome!
Pros
Cool costumes
Cons
short work period
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Lawrence Parks Commission. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6