ST. LAWRENCE COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Review of SLC
Learning Strategist (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON12 April 2019
Great company to work for, I would definitely apply again! The students and staff I worked with were incredible! I would recommend this program and this job to anybody seeking!
Positive Environment
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 January 2019
Love working here, they balance my school and work schedule very well. Great co-workers, and state of the art technology to help further your experience.
Pros
Positive co-workers
Cons
Sometimes is boring
Productive, innovative
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON28 November 2018
Small town campus feel, more intimate learning setting. Supportive community, lots of opportunities for career growth and experiences. Not as many courses offered.
Good Student Job
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON13 November 2018
typically you get this job because your teachers see you have good grades and seem to enjoy education. You set your own schedule and record your own times.
Good culture
International Student Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Lawrence, NL20 September 2018
very good place to show your abilities and improve. I made lots of friend and also built my resume while I was a student. There are many part-time positions available for students
Working as a kid
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON1 August 2018
At this place I was here working with my Dad. I was 10 years old when I started working here with him. He is the reason I got into cleaning to begin with.
Amazing and Innovative
ASK -GateKeeper Training - Peer Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 June 2018
A wonderful and unique opportunity to be in the headstart of a project to educate others on mental health and how to react in crisis situations. A great chance to reduce stigma and give permission and resources to laypersons to show compassion and aid.
Cons
Long periods of nothing followed by being needed for various daytime 4 hour periods over a few weeks
productive
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Lawrence Residence3 June 2018
It was a great job since it allowed me to learn how to manage my time and how to manage a large group of people, it was also great to be a figure of authority and make sure that the hierarchy was properly respected.
Good
Cleaning Services Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 May 2018
There were many amazing people to interact with and work with every day. The most rewarding part of the job was knowing that I was doing something that mattered and helped benefit the future generation.
Every student is different
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 May 2018
The Resident Advisor (RA) job required approximately 20-30 hours of work per month throughout the school year. The work would involve: weekly meetings, floor meetings, one-on-one meetings with our supervisor, creating passive boards, planning and hosting events, and working night shifts keeping residence in order.

Some days are easier than others. It all depends on what trouble the students are up to. Some students are well behaved, others hide in their rooms away from the party-people. And there is also the occasional student with a mental breakdown and other growing issues. Friends, family, and roommates can cause more stress on top of school deadlines and expectations. As an RA, I was responsible for being a role model and providing a voice or a listening ear for anyone who needed it. I would have to find ways to help students deal with stress, suicide prevention, sickness, and any other issue I could be of assistance.

I feel like it might be inappropriate to talk about the hardest part of the job, for the sake of any students who were traumatized by the event.

I most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the other RA's. I had the pleasure to work with a great group of people and had a fantastic supervisor which made the year that much better.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
social outcast, dealing with misbehaving students
Great way to meet people
Residence Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON20 April 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working as a worked at St. Lawrence College. It was a very positive place to work and I met the most interesting people. It was an easy process to apply and get into the swing of things
Great work if you don't need to make a living
Professor, School of Business (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 April 2018
I love working at St. Lawrence College. Being a professor is a really tough job, but can be rewarding. I learn a lot and have a flexible schedule. My colleagues are absolutely amazing.
Pros
colleagues, flexibility, dynamic atmosphere, opportunity for creative thinking
Cons
pay
productive and learning place for career growth
CHIEF ELECTION RETURNING OFFICER (CERO) (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 March 2018
• Inform candidates about the student Association Board of Directors
• Gather potential Board of Director candidates and sort accordingly
• Assist in organization of various events for the student population
Extremely engaging fun environment to work in
Student Engagement (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 February 2018
A typical day on the job includes meetings with faculty and other employers. We are constantly coming up with new ideas on how to get students more engaged in the school as well as preparing them for what comes after graduation. I have learned a variety of skills over the years and feel like I have become a completely different person. The culture is great everyone is enthusiastic and filled with energy as well as welcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the supervisors are very flexible with the hours therefore we can create our own schedules and do not necessarily have to work at the college. I also have majority of the control over my projects. If I come up with a project idea my boss will tell me to go for it and try it out.
Learning Strategist For College Students
Learning strategist (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON1 November 2017
• Learning strategist for eighteen students within the Community Integration through Cooperative Education program.
• Aid students with intellectual impairments with college assignments, revision and doing tutorials.
• Responsible for an outing with students once a week for community integration.
Pros
Student Integration, Teaching, Sociability, Meaningful
Cons
Short Hours
Wonderful work environment
Instructor /Technician/ Culinary Arts (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 October 2017
I have worked at St Lawrence College for 14 years. The College has been life changing for me in many positive ways. it has allowed me to have a family 2 children and purchase a home. unfortunately. I am at the top of the scale and cannot move any further. this is why I am looking for a more suitable job that supports my financial needs as well as room for growth and development.
Pros
Great staff and managment
Cons
only work 10 month contract no guarantee of hours.
review
Records and Convocation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 September 2017
Work/life balance is very very good. Good support from all other faculty. Ergonomics are very good as well. Lunch breaks could be a little longer but it was ok
Co-op Position at the College
LEED Consultant (Co-op Placement) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 August 2017
Co-op position required for graduating. Supervisor wasn't involved and the work fell on the students to organize themselves and do the work on their own, with making a presentation of their findings at the end of the month long co-op.
Pros
Earn a credit, graduate, self-starter
Cons
Students required to find their own Co-op
I loved it
Applied Research Assistant - Funded (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 July 2017
I loved working as a research assistant with my professor. I got to learn a lot about observing behavior, taking data, and summing data. I would recommend this place to everyone.
Na
Tutor Health Sciences (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 May 2017
This is good study sites. The teachers are friendly and patience. But the city citizens are not so nice. I like the college, but I don't like the city.