ST. LAWRENCE COLLEGE

ST. LAWRENCE COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Canada59 reviews
A pleasant environment to work at, with available opportunities of self development. If a teacher manages his/her time a bit carefully, one can have ample oppertunity of establishing healthy interaction with the students, which may prove very supportive in improving students leaning capabilities
Pros
Lecture rooms equipped with necessary tools and equipments
Cons
Access to the needed software requires to be more easily available
Student position while I was attending college. Amazing experience ! Tons of support from professors and staff. Collaboration with HR support staff, Prof.Armstrong (SIFE SLC)
Prof. Decarie (Awareness/Orientation) Dean.Conrad (Business office) Integration/Orientation.

Fantastic learning environment !

Highly recommend taking advantage of the student opportunities SL College creates for their future leaders!
My experience as a part time instructor has been very positive. The staff is very supportive and truly care about the students and instructors. Great facility in Cornwall.
a typical day at work would look like, you get there, you are greeted by lovely staff and you proceed to check in and out books and follow any other assigned tasks such as shelf reading. the most difficult park would be knowing how the printers worked and all of the printer functions.
It is a great place to work, I would recommend working there. They are very accommodating to my school schedule and there are friendly people to work with
I had my placement at St. Lawrence, during that time I have learned a lot as the staff were understanding, friendly and supportive, the workplace culture is amazing
as a student, we of course did not get paid but professors tended to be very 'clique' like and would pick which students they liked and which ones they did not. Many are treated unfairly in the nursing program.
I work as a peer tutor and a note taker for the College. The students and the teachers pick me to do the job, I have not applied to do it. It made me acknowledge my own strength and trust in my ability by having the students and instructors nominate me to do the job. I thank the students and the instructors for believing in me.
This was a volunteer position that allowed me to try teaching and hang with my profs. It was not difficult, the coordinators had everything set out and ready for demonstrations.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Kids don't listen
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ST. LAWRENCE COLLEGE?
Fulfilling job in a fantastic work environment. Great co-workers and management. Able to receive the experience I was looking for and then some. Would highly recommend.
Pros
Dynamic Experience
Cons
Cant think of any
Great company to work for, I would definitely apply again! The students and staff I worked with were incredible! I would recommend this program and this job to anybody seeking!
It was great working at St. Lawrence College. Especially as a student, they worked around my class schedule. My manager was thoughtful, kind and easy to talk to whenever there was an emergency.
Love working here, they balance my school and work schedule very well. Great co-workers, and state of the art technology to help further your experience.
Pros
Positive co-workers
Cons
Sometimes is boring
Small town campus feel, more intimate learning setting. Supportive community, lots of opportunities for career growth and experiences. Not as many courses offered.
typically you get this job because your teachers see you have good grades and seem to enjoy education. You set your own schedule and record your own times.
very good place to show your abilities and improve. I made lots of friend and also built my resume while I was a student. There are many part-time positions available for students
At this place I was here working with my Dad. I was 10 years old when I started working here with him. He is the reason I got into cleaning to begin with.
A wonderful and unique opportunity to be in the headstart of a project to educate others on mental health and how to react in crisis situations. A great chance to reduce stigma and give permission and resources to laypersons to show compassion and aid.
Cons
Long periods of nothing followed by being needed for various daytime 4 hour periods over a few weeks
It was a great job since it allowed me to learn how to manage my time and how to manage a large group of people, it was also great to be a figure of authority and make sure that the hierarchy was properly respected.
There were many amazing people to interact with and work with every day. The most rewarding part of the job was knowing that I was doing something that mattered and helped benefit the future generation.
The Resident Advisor (RA) job required approximately 20-30 hours of work per month throughout the school year. The work would involve: weekly meetings, floor meetings, one-on-one meetings with our supervisor, creating passive boards, planning and hosting events, and working night shifts keeping residence in order.

Some days are easier than others. It all depends on what trouble the students are up to. Some students are well behaved, others hide in their rooms away from the party-people. And there is also the occasional student with a mental breakdown and other growing issues. Friends, family, and roommates can cause more stress on top of school deadlines and expectations. As an RA, I was responsible for being a role model and providing a voice or a listening ear for anyone who needed it. I would have to find ways to help students deal with stress, suicide prevention, sickness, and any other issue I could be of assistance.

I feel like it might be inappropriate to talk about the hardest part of the job, for the sake of any students who were traumatized by the event.

I most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the other RA's. I had the pleasure to work with a great group of people and had a fantastic supervisor which made the year that much better.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
social outcast, dealing with misbehaving students